It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3aa1b261ed2d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/36d23a999ab2.jpg[/atsimg]

Not good.

Edit - Pics came from this article - www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 23-11-2010 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
This is clearly another act of war by North Korea. My prayers go out to the people of South Korea and the repressed people of North Korea.

One of our aircraft carriers can destroy North Korea. What bothers me is what will China's response be if NK is taken out.

edit on 23-11-2010 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Let us hope, let us pray that 11/23/2010 (23/11/2010) isn't a day to be remembered.

I'll be monitoring this as well. It does look worrisome.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

One of our aircraft carriers can destroy North Korea. What bothers me is what will China's response be if NK is taken out

Before or after they launch a nuke??
Remember the US has a lot of military personel in SK..

link   
BBC reports

South Korea has issued its highest non-wartime alert in response.

A BBC correspondent says this is one of the most serious incidents between the two Koreas since the end of the war.

Top leaders are meeting in an underground bunker in Seoul over the incident, Reuters news agency reported.

link   
BIG NEWS PEOPLE!

APPARENTLY SKOREA IS NOW AT DEFCON 1, THIS MEANS WAR.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doyle
A South Korean official has just been quoted on the BBC news saying that they are going to deal with this "in a way that prevents further escalation."

edit on 23/11/2010 by Doyle because: capital S

Meaning either:
a) Not retaliate because that's what Kim "I shot a -47 my first time playing golf" Il wants
or
b)We're going to invade now so that we don't have to deal with Kim "I bowled a perfect 300 game my first time out" Il anymore.

link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
reply to post by kalunom

Two larger pictures on this site:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Looks pretty significant for damage, this could be much more then a spark...

Those people on the boat look to be in the line of fire, a coincidence?

link   
Its funny because everyone on here says things like "I sure hope its nothing big, but by the looks of it..." "Start of WW3, but I sure hope not...". I think most people on ATS do want something to happen so they can feel like they have something in their life to cling too. As much as people declare they don't want something happening, I don't buy it.

Keep slowing down to look at car accidents.

link   
reply to post by buni11687

This is an obvious act of war. If nothing happens, then S. Korea/Japan/U.S. will have failed. What else is supposed to happen before retaliation happens?

link   
God I tried to go to bed, jumped back up, this is just bad news. How bad can it get for the rest of the world? Is this because of his new nuclear ability?

link   
Sounds pretty mad. I just seen this story on the BBC news site.

It says their still under-fire and that the South have deployed Jet fighters..

Also it states that theres regular confrontation over these islands... But it must be serious if its made it to MSM,
Or their just using it to fuel the fire to burn the Northern regime (civilian casualtys).

What makes me wonder is, what provoked the attack? Anything other than the two despising each other? And will this esculate further..?

eee.

link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
BIG NEWS PEOPLE!

Source??

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Let us hope, let us pray that 11/23/2010 (23/11/2010) isn't a day to be remembered.

I'll be monitoring this as well. It does look worrisome.

November 22 was the date of JFK's assasination. If you take the attack into EST (Washington's time) and this turns out to be the beginning of WW3, it could very well be on the same date (borderline, around midnight).
edit on 23-11-2010 by Portugoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

BIG NEWS PEOPLE!

Maybe this was started by a Rouge General or a secret elite member within the north Korean government ?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

BBC reported

South Korea has issued its highest non-wartime alert in response.

A BBC correspondent says this is one of the most serious incidents between the two Koreas since the end of the war.

Top leaders are meeting in an underground bunker in Seoul over the incident, Reuters news agency reported.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Defcon-1... this is not good, but checking out the images of the Island, this is just the right amount of damage to warrant such a response. Boy, I guess I am officially glued to this thread with a grim sense of dread filling my cup of despair!

I think I have had a drink for each page on this thread ... let's hope it doesn't hit 21 pages too fast.

link   

BIG NEWS PEOPLE!

What, where did you hear this?

link   
I find it hard to believe that these types of acts by N. Korea are just acts of bravado/muchismo by Kim Jong Il. What can they/he possibly gain by this? Granted I don't know the guy personally, so I can't speak to his sanity...it just seems far-fetched to me that he is just 'flexing his muscles' like a chihuaha yapping at a pit bull.

link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

The cross border incidents have been going on for far more than the last year. The majority of newspapers/media outlets don't report 90% of the incidents that happen cross-border , solely because nothing else ever comes of it.

It's the rare occasion the mainstream media reports on an incident that people get all worked up and expect the end of the world.

N Korea is no pushover like iraq / afghanistan, if provoked enough, they will resort to dirty warfare. Why do you think they haven't been invaded already ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join