It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Coincidence or has the North been caught out building bigger and better bombs.
www.sbs.com.au...

Stanford University professor Siegfried Hecker, in an interview with The New York Times, said he saw "hundreds and hundreds" of centrifuges and was "stunned" by the plant's sophistication.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
what the hell does it take to start a world war nowadays? cmonnnn, we've invaded two countries in a few years, sanctioned a few more. north korea keeps slapping south korea around. missiles off our own damn coast, what make any of you think this will spark a major event?

south korea is just going to run in her little corner and cry and when she's done, nothing changes.

CX

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Live reports from Sky News: Reuters are reporting that the fires on the island caused by the attack are spreading out of control.

CX.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. D
Well lookie what we have here. My opinion? They have been at war, no
peace treaty has ever been signed. The reason why North Korea keeps
doing these things is because of the South's lack of resolve. War is like
a pregnant Woman either she is or isn't. If it were up to me, I'd drop a
nuke for every shell and then see what China has to say.

Dropping a nuke is wrong. You'll be killing more civilians than military infrastructure and I think the civilians would rather live a S. Korean life than what it has now.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Clisen33

OK, you have it all figured out..
Why the hell would NK risk so much attacking a pissy little Island for NO reason??
Doesn't make sense..

Of course it doesn't make sense.

This is all a bloody show. Its a game. This is for your mind to take in and react to. You are been spoon fed fear. Take your medicine.

I am bored of this game now.

This is not who we are. Whoever is putting on this show is starting to rachet it up a notch. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a nuke deployed at some stage. Just get on with it.

Its all FAKE.

This is not who we are. This is not who YOU are.

We have nothing to fear.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I do think about it..The torpedo episode was suspicious at best..
I think some4 people want war, it makes many rich..
I guess I'm just skeptical and would rather not jump to conclusions..

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
BBC news just reported that SK had been holding military exercises, which included shelling, and that NK had been asking them to stop for a few days. It seems like they're putting their foot down on the issue?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
This is interesting...

Defense minister proposes bringing U.S. nuclear weapons back to Korea

Well well well.

YTN: Fires burning out of control on island shelled by N. Korea

Not good.

Also...

YonhapNews: S. Korea to consider whether to push for U.N. condemnation of N. Korea

Really? What is SKorea waiting for? NKorea shelling downtown Seoul and a million dead?
edit on 23-11-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Watch This Live

okay this link should would so you all can see what I'm seeing.
edit on 11/23/2010 by kyrebelyell2004 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyrebelyell2004
webcache.googleusercontent.com...:Sk3B_oClwVQJ
penonlinetv.com/aljazeera

okay this link should would so you all can see what I'm seeing.

Nope

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I see your point. But you have to look at this event on it's own. It's above ground and the target is a town on an island. IF S. Korea would start this, I doubt they would fire from this island onto N. Korea. Unless you're saying that S. Korea fired on this town and blamed the north?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
This is interesting...

Defense minister proposes bringing U.S. nuclear weapons back to Korea

Well well well.

YTN: Fires burning out of control on island shelled by N. Korea

Not good.

Also...

YonhapNews: S. Korea to consider whether to push for U.N. condemnation of N. Korea

Really? What is SKorea waiting for? NKorea shelling downtown Seoul and a million dead?

"North Korea told Hecker that the light-water reactor will use enriched uranium to generate electricity to meet its chronic electricity shortage.

But some observers say the North’s disclosure of the facilities through Hecker is to notify progress in its plan to develop nuclear weapons with enriched uranium, in addition to its plutonium-based nuclear weapons it developed before allegedly shutting down the Yongbyon reactor."

thats from the link. i wonder why NK would want to let everyone know about its massive secret enrichment facility. could it be the first sentence?

link   
Found this

U.S. Stock-Index Futures Fall After North Korea Fires on South
www.businessweek.com...

“A bubbling over of tensions in Korea is another layer of uncertainty for markets that they don’t need to contend with,” said Tim Schroeders, who helps manage about $1 billion at Pengana Capital Ltd. in Melbourne."

the stock market is not liking this AT ALL.

link   
I fixed it using a tinyurl lol.

Live Report

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I'm keeping an eye on the orbit of the X-35b to see if it goes "missing". If it does, then I'm sure there it has some type of significant combat payload or something that can be used in this event.

link   

Originally posted by Clisen33

I see your point. But you have to look at this event on it's own. It's above ground and the target is a town on an island. IF S. Korea would start this, I doubt they would fire from this island onto N. Korea. Unless you're saying that S. Korea fired on this town and blamed the north?

well to see it as a conspiracists, this town is the best place to provoke NK response. much better than it is for NK to provoke SK response

link   

One thing in your post here is correct. There was no treaty ever signed.

A ceasefire stopped the fighting on July 27, 1953. There was an armistice signed by North Korea, China and the UN but not South Korea. Korea is still split into North Korea, which is communist, and South Korea which is non-communist. The border, protected by a demilitarized zone, was established along the 38th parallel.

Before the armistice, talks had gone on for nearly 2 years. Eisenhower had promised that if he was elected in the election of 1952, he would go to Korea and end the war. There was no simple way to end the conflict. Talks had collapsed in October 1952. In 1953, the US threatened to bomb China, but eventually a ceasefire was declared between UN forces and Korean/Chinese forces.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33

Dropping a nuke is wrong. You'll be killing more civilians than military infrastructure and I think the civilians would rather live a S. Korean life than what it has now.

You don't know much about war my friend. First Prime targets are always
going to be front line military staging areas, Artillary, air force, known nuke silos,
military supply bunkers/depots. Depends on the level of escalation. Civilians? Do
you think the North was worried about civilians when they fired their rounds? Why
is there more civilian damage than military damage after this attack? They are trying
to show the south that there will be mass civilian casulties which will dampen the
souths appetite for war.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyrebelyell2004
I fixed it using a tinyurl lol.

Live Report

HOLY CRAP!!! That is horrible! I will be very very surprised if no retaliation happens. That town is going to be leveled when the smoke and fires clear!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
UH OH PEOPLE!!!

This seems way more serious!!!

North Korea Fires Rockets at South Korean Island

North Korea fired artillery at South Korea's Yeonpyeong island in the Yellow Sea off the countries' west coast Tuesday afternoon, setting houses on fire. South Korea returned fire, according to residents on the island speaking on South Korea's YTN television network.

HOUSES WERE HIT AND ARE ON FIRE

Is this the start of WW3 or what?

No, Its not the start of the WW3. Why do you ppl always have to ask this particular question whenever there is bomb exploding? Too much paranoia!! Its like you actually want sumthing to happen! This question usually creates debates and eventually the debate leads to nothing!

edit on 23-11-2010 by anjan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join