It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 102
<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
i understand now its under the international site

reply to post by LwSiX

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajniss
its weird when i go cnn.com nothing pops up

Make sure you're looking at the International Edition.

Originally posted by Morgil
Hmm that's strange, I browse the yonhap news agency website quite often but today when I navigate to it, my AV software goes crazy, detecting infections and threats?

Anyone else having this today? Makes me wonder if SK news is the target of some sort of cyber attack. Or more likely, my AV is having a bad day at the office.

I'm getting warnings from Avast saying it stopped and exploit. I've browsed Yonhap multiple times since the shelling and now is the first time I've gotten any warnings at all.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsuki-no-Hikari

Kaspersky gave me a Trojan warning, kind of wierd from a reputable news site...
Second line

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
More news...

Might be good ones...

Japan, China foreign ministers pledge "cooperation" in reducing #Koreas tension but nothing concrete announced.

Nothing concrete... so yeah.

# 06:23
S.Korea to up defense budget; U.S. warns on North's Kim (Reuters)

Not really new news this one...

US-SK drill to start in about 12-15 hours depends at what time it actually starts...

I don't think North Korea wants war right now... they haven't buildup any troops yet... so if they expected this to go serious for real, they would at least buildup troops in case they were invaded.

I think (hope) the drill will go with NKorea doing nothing.
edit on 27-11-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
So it just came out...

It seems the North warned the South that carrying out drills in the NLL would result in the North striking back...

The South ignored this and boom, North Korea does as it said it would... and now the South is acting like WTF dudes!

This looks like this was a planned provocation, knowing full well that the North would strike back... the elite trying to start WW3 because the economy is still crashing and they need a distraction?

Steve Herman

#DPRK issued clear warning Aug. 3 it would conduct military strike in response to #ROK drills near NLL, which N. Korea doesn't recognize.

The Aug. 3 warning was carried by N. Korean radio as a notice from the KPA Western Front command.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Bit more on what the commander of the South Korean Marine Corps said today..

"All Marines, including Marines on service and reserve Marines, will avenge the two at any cost, keeping today's anger and hostility in mind,

We will put our feelings of rage and animosity in our bones and take our revenge on North Korea."

The public and ex-solider's are angry at the lack of response...

"It's time for action. Time for retaliation. Let's hit the presidential palace in Pyongyang," shouted close to 1,000 Marine veterans in downtown Seoul who burnt photographs of North Korean leader Kim Jong-il and his anointed successor, son Kim Jung-un.

"We can not help expressing our anger about the behaviour of the defence ministry and the government in general that failed to take due retaliatory action," the group said.

The new SK defence minister...

South Korea's new defence minister called for tougher action, local media reported.

President Lee's latest comments...

"There is the possibility that North Korea may do some unexpected action, so please perfectly prepare against it through cooperation with the Korea-U.S. joint force," Lee was quoted by a spokesman as saying.

Source

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Except as I posted earlier, this whole thing was started by SOUTH KOREA because the North warned them of what would happen if they did that drill in the NLL.

Those soldiers are being lied to. False-flagged to.

Note that it doesn't excuse the killing of civilians by North Korea but the blood ain't just on their hands.

More news.
Joint drills will be far from NLL, military reports

Experts say warships will remain out of N.Korea’s missile range, but on the West Sea for the first time

Out of the NLL at least... so the North won't do a thing.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
So it just came out...

It seems the North warned the South that carrying out drills in the NLL would result in the North striking back...

The South ignored this and boom, North Korea does as it said it would... and now the South is acting like WTF dudes!

This looks like this was a planned provocation, knowing full well that the North would strike back... the elite trying to start WW3 because the economy is still crashing and they need a distraction?

Steve Herman

#DPRK issued clear warning Aug. 3 it would conduct military strike in response to #ROK drills near NLL, which N. Korea doesn't recognize.

The Aug. 3 warning was carried by N. Korean radio as a notice from the KPA Western Front command.

Whos business is it for north korea to tell another country what they can do on their land and in THEIR waters get real..... Yes it was a planned practice that North Korea knew about it then started their same old #...Telling south korea what they can and can't do after the fact... No one stops north korea from practicing drills on their land they just did it yesterday with artillery rounds hitting their own land any wrong in that??? Two way street buddy......
edit on 27-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

S. Korean commander vows 'thousand-fold' retaliation at the funeral of 2 marines killed in a N. Korean artillery attack, as the South gears up for military drills with the U.S

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

FOXNews

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Whos business is it for north korea to tell another country what they can do on their land and in THEIR waters get real.....

Except the NLL is CONTESTED. If you don't want to start a war, you don't provoke people on purpose like that.

What you do is you talk to them about settling the border issue.

Like teasing a dog for a while then you're surprised if the dog bites you...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Nope, I have to deal with Kim Jong Il, he's not working with me, he's obviously not a "High IQ Person" and is all of the sudden very concerned about the people of North Korea, I only assume, but he needs South Korea, so this was a big mistake on his part, he will be dealt with, trust me.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Well then maybe you'll be happy to know that the South Korean drill that was stopped because of North Korean bombing WILL RESUME IN MID-DECEMBER.

The Marine artillery drills on Yeonpyeong Island will restart during the middle of next month, after the damage from Tuesday’s attack has been repaired.

So even if WW3 doesn't start now, it might in mid-December when they restart this drill in 3 weeks and when ``if North Korea does another provocation, we go to full war``...

So in less than a month, they will have tried to start a new Korean war THREE TIMES. Nice uh?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I personally don't see this as a false-flag on the part of SK/US, I see it more of a screw up/ bullishness on the part of SK's armed forces in ignoring the North's warnings. To be fair, South Korea has every right to carry out any drills they wish, but at the same time common sense must be called upon, especially when these drills took place near/on the NLL - an obviously bad place. I think it was this common-sense, that was required, that was absent due to the increased tension and animosity in the region over the last few months.

If this weekend's drills go by without any incidents and war is avoided then not only can the "motives" of such a false flag be called into question, but the very false flag itself would have failed completely: South Korea look weak, anger towards the government and North Korea feels like they have won again, probably getting some aid and money in the months to come.

If this incident does escalate to full-scale war in a matter of days to weeks then I would be more prone to perhaps seeing this as a false-flag, but at the moment i just don't.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Well then maybe you'll be happy to know that the South Korean drill that was stopped because of North Korean bombing WILL RESUME IN MID-DECEMBER.

The Marine artillery drills on Yeonpyeong Island will restart during the middle of next month, after the damage from Tuesday’s attack has been repaired.

So even if WW3 doesn't start now, it might in mid-December when they restart this drill in 3 weeks and when ``if North Korea does another provocation, we go to full war``...

So in less than a month, they will have tried to start a new Korean war THREE TIMES. Nice uh?

Thought were sending the USS George Washington to provoke them on sunday?? I can't wait to see north korea do nothing while staring down the big old ship all they will do is keep on whining like big babies..

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

FLASH - North Korea says civilian deaths in attack on South Korean island, if true, are "very regrettable

Clearly this is a good sign. North Korea are, in their own way, trying to diffuse the situation. They very rarely apologise publically but this time it matches the seriousness of the crisis.
edit on 11/27/2010 by jonny2410 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
The new news i have heard now is that SK fired deliberately into NK waters under their exercise. Not just did NK warn SK about provocations, but SK deliberately provoked NK by shooting in their direction.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
The new news i have heard now is that SK fired deliberately into NK waters under their exercise. Not just did NK warn SK about provocations, but SK deliberately provoked NK by shooting in their direction.

Source? Because the only people saying that so far have been NK, and I wouldn't believe any of their propaganda. Besides, SK wouldn't be stupid enough to do something like that, nor would they have a reason to.
edit on 27-11-2010 by Tsuki-no-Hikari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

The US carrier fleet will be way out of sight. The fleet will go no were near the Northern islands of SK.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsuki-no-Hikari

Why don't the SK have a reason to provoke NK?

I believe they do after they accused NK for sinking their ship a few months ago.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

The US carrier fleet will be way out of sight. The fleet will go no were near the Northern islands of SK.

But they will be carried out in the West Sea, which is pissing NK off anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join