It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions to lose unemployment benefits

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
reply to post by Janky Red

Don't worry about being on the outs I had the owner tell me that I should have been banned along time ago and I am still posting.
But I do believe you are 100% wrong about the pat downs. I will say it again giving up freedom to protect the very same freedom is insanity. Fear is what they want because it is a great motivator. Heck we will be begging them to make us safe.

Well I think you are too much in go mode

I am not saying Pat Down is good or I agree

I am saying it will be replaced and the replacement might be worse then you or I can comprehend from our perspective. It is the lesson of the war on terror my friend...

Your last line speaks of it, yet you call me wrong???

When these guys start focusing on security measures you oughta think way past

"ICKY, they are molesting people"

LOOK at the simple equation

MSM

Funded by Corporate Multi Nationalism

is pressuring the Government

also funded by Corporate Multinationalism

to challenge the status quo???

You see how that smells???

That's all I am saying - your great principle Popularly penned by Ben Franklin (in spirit) will be minced to pieces
by their echo chamber,,, one might use this great slogan to promote some wonderful evil

- i.e UNITED WE STAND

MOLESTING PEOPLE, whatever. You won't be saying that if a terrorist puts a blade in the back of your ear or puts the buisness in your face.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

Terrorists putting a knife behind your year doesn't mean you can go around molesting innocent people.

I don't care if you molest terrorists, heck molest them all you want, just be careful to not get caught

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
It's funny how people say things. They say one thing and then when the buisness is in their face they say,WE NEED MORE PROTECTION. You want your pie and eat it too.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by nite owl

Terrorists putting a knife behind your year doesn't mean you can go around molesting innocent people.

I don't care if you molest terrorists, heck molest them all you want, just be careful to not get caught
MAYBE this is why you have more terror in your country. You do not check people at the airport, you afraid of people saying that they were molested by the security. PEOPLE hide things, this is a FACT. You are only detour away from the fact.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
We have scanners to WATCH FOR YOU TERRORISTS, so you can argue however you want, to get your way, to get weapons on the plane. Manipulative creatures you are, but not so cunning.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Please watch

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I've seen many people post things about people having there chances to find a job.... blah blah blah.

Yes I would agree some of them are lazy and won't look for a job, but let's look at the big picture.

1. Are there really millions of jobs available for people?
2. would the jobs that are available be enough for people to live on alone, let alone feed there family
3. Companies like walmart and other retail places are cutting hours and paying minimum wage to people.
4. Many of the factories that existed 5 to 10 years ago no longer exist. Not a single cell phone, TV, stereo, or computer is made in the united states.
5. How much would you pay a baby sitter to watch your kids while you earn minimum wage? So how much would you really earn?

The list could go on and on. In My Opinion something has got to be done about this and soon.

It's all part of the big picture folks.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

WHY??

House Republicans and 11 Democrats wanted more spending cuts before they would authorize the extension.

These theifs have stollen from the people of America, pressed allegiance towards Israel, rather than America, and passed laws to spy, torture, detain without charge, to even pass death sentence to American citizens without any trial, or any wrong doing (murder), yet Americans are sitting back waiting for a Messiah to come and save them.

That's a right wing congress for ya...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

That the Messiah is gonna be human, he is not gonna come from the sky, floating,

Skuse me, but I happen to think skyfloating only sinks to his ankles when he walks on water.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl

MOLESTING PEOPLE, whatever. You won't be saying that if a terrorist puts a blade in the back of your ear or puts the buisness in your face.

I don't think you get my drift at all -

IT could be my POV is off,,, I would have a much easier time accepting it if someone would validate the existence of the concept less my alleged delusional observations.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl
We have scanners to WATCH FOR YOU TERRORISTS, so you can argue however you want, to get your way, to get weapons on the plane. Manipulative creatures you are, but not so cunning.

I disagree a bit -

I believe we have scanners because Michael Chertoff held a huge staked in the supplying company and because there was profit to be made in the name of security. HE has all one needs to orchestrate the marketing circumstance to sell such a product.

I agree in the premise that we have SECURITY to deter items and make things difficult... I believe security
DOES deter to a large degree, it deters me from taking certain things on a plane.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Don't count on it, during the great depression and the dust bowl, millions of Americans just roamed from coast to coast with nothing but the clothes on their back, whole families living in card board boxes, along the sides of roads, give them a handful of peanuts for protien, and a bowl of watered down soup and some musty old stale bread ever third or fourth day they will be fine.

See!

Just curious for your opinion here, but lets say Americans had to start living like this again. A unwilling return to pawpaw and mawmaws way of life with no money to eat let alone things like ipods, iphones, cable TV or Call of Duty online. Do you think young Americans could even make this change? I bet alot of people in the south could because most of us grow up knowing or way around firearms and skinnin critters, but still I think we would see people all over the country starving and dying of things like scurvy and malnutrition.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

oozyism
Prediction:~2015 US complete collapse~

" Millions to lose unemployment benefits "

The lame-duck session 'claims' its wanting more cuts in the budget...

i'm more in line with the Extension being voted down because
those that just got voted out of office are just ~paying back the voters~ in the easiest way they can...essentially saying...
"you voted me out so i'm voting on terminating your paycheck too"

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
There will be a compromise. The Democrats will agree to extending tax cuts for all including the wealthy and in return the Republicans will agree to vote for extending the unemployment benefits. A Christmas present I predict.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
if the houses of Congress are so myopic on cutting the deficit... then why is this $250
one-time payment being re-considered at all.

By: CNNMoney.com Staff Writer Charles Riley...dtd 13 Nov 2010

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) - When House Democrats return to Washington on Monday, a top priority will be putting a $250 dollar check in the mail to 58 million Social Security recipients.

Democrats plan to vote early in the lame-duck session on a bill that would provide Social Security recipients with a one-time payment, according to the office of Earl Pomeroy, a Democrat from North Dakota who authored the legislation.

evidently 99 weeks is the limit on the forcibly unemployed as the financial business community
still reaps bonuses at taxpayer expense And the QE-2 causes profits for the banker class and
higher prices for the Main-Street class...
with that in mind, i believe this House proposal is just a carrot in front of our noses and gives
those in power a springboard to inform us that we all (the mid-to-low-income class) need to
tighten our belts & accept the coming Austerity measures
edit on 21-11-2010 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Starred and flagged.

Perhaps when enough people are affected there may be an uprising. I doubt it, the average American has been made to docile, to compliant, to apathetic and blind until the ax reaches their head

I've been warning about this for the three years I have posted on ATS and each time have met numerous flaming.

Most people just don't care about anyone but themselves and don't see that what affects one of us eventually affects all of us.

Even the cows lined up in slaughter, once they see the first cow stunned, dropped and hooked, start to panic - but humans can be fooled so easily by playing the, "that will never happen to me so I don't care game".

You all were warned, numerous times by numberous posts here on ATS.

For those that still have a job and still think they are free and this will all go away leaving them unaffected - keep dreaming, TPTB aren't going to stop until they have dismantled all of the middle class and most of the upper class will then be next.

Best of luck to each and everyone of you.

You are going to need it in the times ahead.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

need to tighten our belt and accept...............

That last statement is in my opinion, apathy and compliance to a unfair and unjust system. It is the coward's way out.

Hope your belt has a lot of notches.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
That last statement is in my opinion, apathy and compliance to a unfair and unjust system. It is the coward's way out.

Not much anyone can do really.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join