It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions to lose unemployment benefits

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Millions to lose unemployment benefits

presstv.com

In eleven days, 800,000 people will lose all their benefits and by the end of the year, 2 million people will join their ranks, a Press TV correspondent reported on Saturday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

WHY??

House Republicans and 11 Democrats wanted more spending cuts before they would authorize the extension.

These theifs have stollen from the people of America, pressed allegiance towards Israel, rather than America, and passed laws to spy, torture, detain without charge, to even pass death sentence to American citizens without any trial, or any wrong doing (murder), yet Americans are sitting back waiting for a Messiah to come and save them.

ZZZZ

Just realized, they are actually waiting for a Messiah

[Rant Over]

So the American government can't cut money out of the world most expensive defense budget, but would rather cut money from American citizens who don't have any means of gaining any income?

WTF

No one can face America militarily, the defense budget of the whole world is smaller compared to US defense budge, and yet, American puppet politicians cut money from Americans who need it, instead of a BS defense budget which apparently doesn't even work>?

I mean if the defense can't even defend against passenger Jets, then isn't all of those trillions gone to waste?

Worse, American lives, and American money is used everyday on two failed wars, failed Democracies, and two unjustified, un-called for wars.

How long will American sit back and scratch their ***** waiting for the Messiah.

Can't they think for themselves? That the Messiah is gonna be human, he is not gonna come from the sky, floating, like they do on the movies. Stand up.. Everyone of you is a Messiah, and have the ability to change the world..

Thoughts.

oz

presstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Great thread.
I agree with you on this one. I think this could very well be the tipping point into the abyss. Time will tell but this is a large amount of money that is leaving the system all at once. Remember people that are getting this benefit are not saving it they use it to buy bread and pay the mortgage. This will have effects even on the employed at this point in the game.

This could be America's let them eat cake moment.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The funny thing about America is we have been known to kill one another by the millions. Some days during the Civil War as many as 100,000 men would fall. The survivors would go at it the next day.

The Federal Government tells us it was over slavery, the Confederate hold outs tell us it was for state's rights. The truth is that it was just the southern states wanting to get our from the debt of all the foreign loans, and the northern states being forced to fight to keep them in the union, so they wouldn't have to pay all the money back themselves.

Oh sure most Americans like to get all misty eyed at a football game and stand up and place their hand over their heart when they play and sing the national anthem.

Many get all jazzed up when their political cantidate wins office. But the truth is we pretty much don't care about anything but ourselves.

Yeah a lot of us like to go to church on Sunday and ask God and Jesus, and the preacher for forgiveness, and once that is out of the way, well it's time for another week of total self absorbtion in our dog eat dog little worlds.

I don't know what it's like in your home nation my friend, hopefully better, well at least until we started dropping bombs all over it, and building 6 lane super highways for the yaks, that suspiciously fit U.S. Tanks real good.

But here, it's just all about me!

It's like the opposite of the three musketeer pledge. All for none and none for all!

Hip, hip horay.

edit on 20/11/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Most people are apathetic until you take everything away from them. This is exactly what is happening as I type this reply to you. I hope and pray I am wrong but I have been saying this for awhile. There are only a couple of things that can snowball out of control and this is one of them.

Think about millions are going to stop paying rent/mortgage. And are not going to have money to feed their families. I dont really see how this could go any other way. This could very well be a tipping point.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Don't count on it, during the great depression and the dust bowl, millions of Americans just roamed from coast to coast with nothing but the clothes on their back, whole families living in card board boxes, along the sides of roads, give them a handful of peanuts for protien, and a bowl of watered down soup and some musty old stale bread ever third or fourth day they will be fine.

See!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

While it is tough to say, and if I knew someone close to me who was losing unemployment benefits, I would personally help them if truly in need, it is still the right thing to do. Nearly two full years of unemployment checks is plenty for most people. Free money for too long is not good for most people.

I agree with you on the defense spending cuts, it is time we made tough decisions necessary to pull this country out of the crapper.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Don't count on it, during the great depression and the dust bowl, millions of Americans just roamed from coast to coast with nothing but the clothes on their back, whole families living in card board boxes, along the sides of roads, give them a handful of peanuts for protien, and a bowl of watered down soup and some musty old stale bread ever third or fourth day they will be fine.

See!

Look at the people of the era compared with the people today. I agree some will survive but many will go off the deep end when you take everything away from them. TPTB are banking on this I believe.

Back in the day people helped each other today people help themselves. Look around it is not the 1930s anymore. Mankind has changed for the worse.
edit on 20-11-2010 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Yeah you keep telling yourself that, all I see is a bunch of people who buy junk at Wal-Mart even though they know it cost tens of millions of Americans their jobs, and walk through x-ray machines and virtual strip searches to get on a plane.

I don't think you could get American's to revolt zapping them with cattle prods, telling them their mothers wear army boots!

In fact if they only had a plug nickel left and told them you were charging them for the zapping and the name calling, they would probably pay for it!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Thank you Oozyism for the reminder that my family only has 11 more days, very welcomed news indeed.

I understand people complaining that our debt is through the roof and I 100% agree that it needs to be tackled BUT Unemployment benefits are considered a real stimulus one that actually works and does very little to add to the deficit. But before lashing out at the unemployed in a depression style economy how about lashing out first at the foreign projects the United States is paying for. I am sure if we halted all military assistance to foreign nations for one year we could substitute that for Unemployment benefits easily.

This depression was caused by the government and big business yet the people are the ones left to suffer. Of course I know that is how our lovely government works but it is the people that I find truly distasteful lacking any compassion for their fellow American and lacking any true knowledge of why these Americans are even suffering.

Go get a job they say, don’t be a leech on society they yell. It’s easy to spout these accusations when you are safely employed sure you may have taken a hit economically and might not have been able to afford your new car this year but the people who are collecting UI are people who were FIRED they did not quit their jobs.

A tip to Oozyism please stop using PressTv they are definitely not the most reliable source for information.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Yeah you keep telling yourself that, all I see is a bunch of people who buy junk at Wal-Mart even though they know it cost tens of millions of Americans their jobs, and walk through x-ray machines and virtual strip searches to get on a plane.

I don't think you could get American's to revolt zapping them with cattle prods, telling them their mothers wear army boots!

In fact if they only had a plug nickel left and told them you were charging them for the zapping and the name calling, they would probably pay for it!

I agree apathy runs deep in America but hunger is one heck of a motivator. I could be wrong I am not really good at predictions but when you take away everything from people bad things can happen. And we are talking about millions of people.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I am sorry to hear about only having 11 days left. I hope everything works out for you and your family. Remember it is always darkest before the dawn.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
little do you know. The money," you were", getting for unemployment is some of the money the X guy is giving away for bail out. DO YOU LIKE IT AMERICA? You must like it. We also gave missles away to another country, with your tax dollars. DID you vote for this, PROBABLY NOT. You got highjacked again. Now your unemployment is leaving you. DO YOU LIKE IT AMERICA? So what are you going to do. Oh, i know. NOTHING.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Believe me when I say, I wish Americans would wake up, but the reality is we are all so poorly informed about how the nation is really run, and who we really owe debts to and why, that a never ending stream of 'know it alls' who basically no nothing, would just shout down the people who do, and want to give it a go.

I mean honestly I hear stories like Misoirs and it just tears out my heart, but as he will tell you, we have all been trained to pretty much keep each other in line.

The government doesn't even have to do it, it's the same thing with the situation with the TSA, for 2 people who say I don't know I think it's wrong, there is some idiot, going no, no we have to degrade and humiliate ourselves and fear one another, it's the only way to be safe?

How do you overcome that? That's exactly how the government wants the people to be, they aren't going to educate them better, they are never going to disclose or explain the real financial dealings and obligations of this country, not even Ron Paul has the guts to do that. He certainly has to know a whole lot more about our debts and who they are owed to and isn't letting on, because I know a whole lot more about our debts and who they are owed too.

Yet you have that wacked out Patriot type, who won't listen to a thing that doesn't have mom, apple pie, chevies, and fox's news version of events and the wikipedias version of history, and then you have that pie in the sky liberal who just wants to say but, hey, what about gay, black, babies, with aides, shouldn't we be focused on them.

If it isn't that, it's the aliens are doing it all. or the every popular, it's Gods plan.

Brother, I hate to break it to you, but grab a snickers bar, these people are never ever ever ever going to get what's really going on if you draw them a picture and put naked girls in it.

All they want is to some how make it through another day, period.

Strangest thing, but entirely true!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I agree with you. I wish TPTB would turn this ship around but I have a feeling something is just not right. America is a sinking ship at this point whether it is 5 years or 10 or next Tuesday. Self-fulfilling prophecy comes to mind.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Thank You, Thank You, You are absolutely right. Some of us lost our jobs because the buisnessman decided that our job needed to go overseas because then the company can pay the peoples alot less wage and also they do not have to pay for medical insurance and things are just so, so cheap over there.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

I agree with you. I wish TPTB would turn this ship around but I have a feeling something is just not right. America is a sinking ship at this point whether it is 5 years or 10 or next Tuesday. Self-fulfilling prophecy comes to mind.

Here is what the average American does not get. The Europeans dumped millions and then billions of dollars early on building up the country to expand markets, and get to resources. To create an infrastructure to get everything to market. To create common systems. That's done. Now there are just to darn many of us, and they are busy doing the same thing they once did with us, now with other nations like China and India, once they have them built up, then it will be Africa, or who knows where.

They used to need us as a massive fighting force, but technology allows one soldier to do, or one plane to do, what often took a dozen in each case. So they don't even really need us for that anymore.

Our domestic market is over saturated, there are just too many of us, we are no longer profitible, and well, the government is going to keep trying to pay off those loans, and the stock and bond holders in the actual states themselves. Believe it or not there are people who own stocks in the states themselves, and the bonds that the states offered for financing, that are still holding on to them hundreds of years later, insisting on their dividends.

If we don't fight the Bankers Wars then all they have to do is threaten the government with disclosing the truth of who we owe the money to and what. So the government will keep on paying the stock and bond holders and bankers, and keep fighting where they tell us to fight, just to keep itself from being exposed by the only thing that could bring it down, by the only people who could bring it down, the Powers that Be that have all the Contracts, Loans, Stocks, Bonds and Agreements, that will basically expose almost everything the government has ever told since 1782 as a complete bald faced lie.

The people are too trained to keep each other in line with fictions and religions and the government is too desperate to keep perpetuating itself and protecting itself, and the investors and the bankers just want to keep making a profit and getting paid.

So, I don't exactly know what the solution is, but I am working on one, but even I am going to need some more snickers bars!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I am also a snickers addict I must admit. I eat at least three a day.
I think the solution is easy we need to take care of our own backyards first. When your kids are bad punish them. Listen to what is being said and not who is saying it. Empathy needs to be taught again. Schools should not be used for propaganda of any kind including religious.

The internet is a tool not as lifestyle and this goes for cell phones. Kids need to be kids again and not grow up to fast. Take some time and run in the sprinklers.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I agree with you. Also, some kind of intervention must be done. Maybe when nations get sick and tired enough they all will rise up to stand against the oppressors. So far, america is asleep. No wonder they call U.S the sleeping GIANT. Sleeping Giant of Sheeple.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl

I agree with you. Also, some kind of intervention must be done. Maybe when nations get sick and tired enough they all will rise up to stand against the oppressors. So far, america is asleep. No wonder they call U.S the sleeping GIANT. Sleeping Giant of Sheeple.

America is like juggernaut from the x-men it takes alot to get him going but once he starts watch out. History has shown this over and over again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join