It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive European Pyramids Discovered

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
old news and flagged 52 WOW

The Bosnia Pyramid Mountain Mounds is a lot like Chinas Mounds
Could it be Artificially Made? Sure Why not .. Do they Align with Stars ?
not much in the Media about the Bosnian Pyramid in the last 4 years

Bosnian Pyramid Artifacts
www.youtube.com...

Zorgons Thread! thats very Well Done !
Pyramids of China - Revisited, page 1
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Emperor Liu's Group Tomb
www.sangraal.com...

Chinese pyramids
en.wikipedia.org...

Pyramids in China
www.crystalinks.com...

Pyramids in China

New evidences 2009

The "White Pyramid" discovered!

It is the Maoling Mausoleum!

A report by

Walter Hain
web.utanet.at...
edit on 20-11-2010 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Awesome thread, boggles the mind, its like trying to comprehend the vastness of space, impossible

Anyway, below is a link for a 2mb PDF file which is a 25 page summary of what they have discovered this summer

www.bosnianpyramid.com... excavations.

hope it works for you and peeks your interest abit more, also they require volunteers next spring to help dig, if ya are over 18 then feel free to apply, wouldn't that be sumthin'.....

the link is not working, trying to upload the pdf here at ats in my media, doesn't appear to be working?...

edit on 20-11-2010 by ganbuzz because: explain link problems

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

I do too. Archeology fascinates me and definitely things that are covered up or hidden, because of someone's agenda. In the last few years I've come across very strange findings that end up surfacing usually on the History Channel. I've come across someones web site that talked about hidden books or omitted books from the Bible, which of course sparked my interest. In two of the books it talked of angels that were here before humans that saw the daughters of Cain (who killed Able) and took them as wives and bore giants who were basically the heroes from mythologies around the world. These giants and their angelic fathers built cities and monuments to themselves, because they were exonerated as gods above THE God. (which I'm sure they enjoyed). These angels and giants built monuments on earth to mirror what is in heaven. That is why the megaliths and strange structures are lined with various constellations. I never believed in the Ancient Astronaut Theory or that humans could build these ancient and very advanced structures. If humans could, then we would still build them today. If you read various mythologies around the world, they speak of giants building for example: The Giant causeway in Ireland was said to be built by giants, Many mythologies consist of giants and many winged beings that resemble in the Bible; Cherubim that have many faces. I think most of us have a misconception of the Bible, especially of the omitted books (which were omitted by the Catholic Church mind you for their own agenda) and their archeological stand point as well as a more realistic (although fantastic) explanation of these megaliths and strange structures around the world.

Very interesting. Maybe you are right, we must rethink history as it was told to us.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Have the seals been sent in yet to power grab this find?
S+F

Deebo

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

just found this on beforitsnews.com very very interesting to find such a curious hill in and find out its a pyramid. Who lived as a super civilization and built these all over the world? wow, makes me sit, and think...

It has been posted before, but its really interesting. I mean to me it is something very possible, and if it is a pyramid it has to be tens of thousands of years old. You have to wonder what would happen to the Great Pyramids if they where in another part of the world that was wetter and had massive plant growth. Give anything enough time, the land will reclaim it some way. I've said it before, I think that their was an advanced civilization at least 15,000 years ago if not longer and then after the cataclysm that happened the survivors came out of hiding (which is us) and had to rebuild all over.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Dudeimanoldfart

So aliens helped humans stack dirt? Seems a bit useless. Hey aliens, help us out, ok what do you want? We want to make a giant dirt triangle. oky dokie.

The pyramids were built over the course of 150-200 years, with each pyramid being built is roughly 10-20 years. If aliens helped, why did i take them over a century and a half to develop what a modern architect and a computer could have designed in a few months. Maybe you can't see it, bu this seems to make them pretty useless.

the pyramids started by stacking mastabas on top of each other. This is known as he Zoser step pyramid. It was invented when Imhotep took he traditional masaba tomb and topped them ontop of each other. It was not perfect. In fact, they returned to the pyramid and added two more stacks later, making it unsymmetrical, semi-unstable, and extremely primitive.

This form changed into a more smoother form as larger form as they learned to perfect the method. however, the construction system was never sable, because they built it with slanted bricks. When they finally made one so large that this initial instability became apparent, the pyramid literally exploded/imploded under the pressure. The remnants of this failed pyramid are seen at The pyramid at Meidum. This instability, after initial collapse, continuously collapsed for centuries after. However, Pharaoh Sneferu was an experimental architectural Pharaoh. He demanded iteration. So afer this failure, they build two more. The great bent pyramid was a 1:1 scale experiment to discover what angle worked best, and this was built with flat layer bricks to prevent explosions. They pyramid revealed what angle was best, and after this, they built the North Pyramid, also known as the Red pyramid. This pyramid was the predecessor for the final giza pyramids. Once the red pyramid was made, the Egyptians were masters of the design. So when they finally built the giza pyramids 150-200 years after their first pyramid, they knew what they were doing. While a lo is lost to how they made things, we know they had lasers (star-based lines), levels (water), lever-rotator gears to move blocks, and several other genius inventions for the needs.

I'm sorry to tell you, no aliens are needed. And quite simply, there is no room for them. Not to mention a giant triangular dirt really isn't that impressive for those who have designed travel between he stars.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
This is ground breaking camouflaged pyramids I think there a lot older than Wat there telling us. This means there coude be pyramids in some of our back yards I woudent be surprised if there was an ancient advanced race here in the states. And all this was found out by simply studying the over head geometry of a hill side.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Maybe those piramids are evidence of an ancient civilization of humans that lived way before known history.

Think about it, these piramids were discovered so recently because they were covered by grass and trees but the ones in egypt couldn't have been covered because of the harsh conditions. I bet if you look elsewere you will find more.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Although I'm hoping for it to be a real pyramid, here's the fossilised beach theory in pictures and it's quite compelling!

Geology of the Bosnian "pyramids"

Has anyone checked if it Visoko would fit in the world earth grid I'm wondering...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Hello everyone, you do realize that most Wikipedia articles have bibliographies right? Next to that quote with unnamed scientists there is a little number 5, if you click on it or scroll down to then end, under references, you will find the number 5 with a link to a pdf file naming some archaeologists.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
call them pyramids, mounds, or as in the Bible these earthen features are called Mountains.

the one thing that these features signify is that men with a common cause built them as signposts
as to their tribes/cultures ingenuity & resourcefulness...
signaling to others, don't mess with us

To follow your train of logic, does it mean that since ET/UFO's look the same, that "men with a common cause built them" -- perhaps the pyramids were built around the world to get a message. Perhaps they are mischief, messages from GOD or ET's -- which are are one in the same.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Moravec

It not a real pyramid. It's a real hill which, like thousands more around the world, looks vaguely pyramidal in shape from certain directions. The story was much discussed and conclusively debunked many years ago.

Plenty to read on the subject here:

thehallofmaat.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dajabba

...More importantly do you realize that wikipedia is not a valid source? It a user-based encyclopedia created from accounts (USUALLY CREDIBLE) in order for the public to have a free source of pertinent information (stated by wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales himself). There are many discrepancies in wikipedia and you will find that scientists and researchers themselves do not give their work to the website. This is for two reasons:

1. It is not an established legitimate research institution.
2. It is not a academic journal which allows for peer evaluation of results. (By peer evaluation I mean peers with credentials and not internet slugs like you and me).

So, I'm now going to brilliantly contradict myself and say it seems that wikipedia, is in fact, correct about its assertion of the Bosnian pyramids as a probable hoax. While Dr. Osmanagic does have a degree from the University of Sarajevo (a fact I doubt you even verified), his ideas seem self-serving and in no way contribute to the scientific community.

UNESCO is the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. It appears that in 2006 they were sending a legitimate archaelogical squad to the site. I'll now quote a letter of protest in order to prevent "the visit of the UNESCO experts to this area [to] be allowed to be represented by Mr. Osmanagic as support for his pseudoarchaeological claims." I understand the internal bias represented in the letter, but the accusations seem to be especially relevant with the claims Osmanagic has made.

Why?

QUOTE:

www.archaeology.org...

"Mr. Osmanagic has no credentials in archaeology. His work, in fact, carries all the
hallmarks of pseudoarchaeology, as recently defined in some detail. Many features of
his project make this conclusion clear: Osmanagic reached his conclusions about the
existence of alleged pyramids before investigative work was carried out, to the point of
even naming the supposed pyramids; the work was undertaken to prove Mr. Osmanagic's
conclusions, not to test them (he says, on his own webpage: "I am working intensively on
proving the improvable"); extreme, history-altering claims are being promoted on the
basis of flimsy or non-existent "evidence"; countervailing evidence is suppressed; Mr.
Osmanagic runs a slick PR exercise and communicates his "results" directly to the press
rather than through genuine, scientific channels; critics of Mr. Osmanagic's enterprise are
met with political sloganeering rather than reasoned argument; Mr. Osmanagic is guided
by a powerful nationalist ideology, which distorts and corrupts his efforts (he says:
"Bosnia is a source of civilization of Europe and that is a reason enough that Bosnians should be proud of their heritage"); several archaeologists are claimed to support the
project, when they are either not involved or actively oppose Mr. Osmanagic's destructive
efforts (e.g., Prof. Bruce Hitchner of Tufts University, USA; a signatory to this letter); the
whole enterprise is being run as a money-making exercise rather than a scientific
investigation; the academic credentials of many supporters are proudly proclaimed, when
those credentials have nothing to do with archaeology."

Here's the Deal:

If Osmanagic was representing the side of Truth then he should have no problem relenting control of an archaelogical review represented by UNESCO. I understand that this is from furthest end of the spectrum of bias, but its claims are legitimate and reveal a side to Osmanagic that I had not even considered at the start of the thread. As an actual scientist this letter sums up how I feel and I can sympathize with the frustration of those combatting him.

The Truth:

HE IS NOT A SCIENTIST. TRYING TO PROVE SOMETHING DOES NOT MAKE YOU A SCIENTIST. FINDING SOMETHING THEN EVALUATING IT'S WORTH IS WHAT ADVANCES KNOWLEDGE. HE IS EVALUATING SOMETHING'S WORTH THEN GOING TO FIND IT.

Sorry for the all-caps, but as much intrigued as I initially was intrigued with this post I have fallen out of love and into contempt with his work. It seems he actually destroying parts of the past instead of revealing it to the masses.

-Matt

PS I'm going on to make a thread about evaluation of claims and citing wikipedia as a reference after this. I've inspired myself to combat ignorance and wikipedia one-liners even if they are valid. Whoever called it a straw-man attack...props!

edit on 21-11-2010 by TheChemist1 because: Grammar/Punctuation

edit on 21-11-2010 by TheChemist1 because: Word Order

edit on 21-11-2010 by TheChemist1 because: Unnecessary abbreviation

edit on 21-11-2010 by TheChemist1 because: Last one

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I see a lot of people here talking about the Egyptian pyramids being built by Aliens and the like.

Please watch this video.

This thread is linked there btw.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
As a scientist I always say to the young students that if you don't believe it's possible don't even try it.

I always tell them that science is by definition the antonym of a dogma.

The same way I cannot manipulate my experiments to obtain the results I want I must also keep my mind open to unexpected results.

I can find a million reasons to believe this is going to be one of the biggest discoveries of man kind.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and I really hope no strange accidents occur. I just want a definitive proof to make up my mind on this.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by no special characters
This has been discredited a long time ago as a HOAX. Not sure what to think of it though. The guy seems like this typical Balkan dreamer type. Perhaps it's all real in his mind,,,, perhaps even in ours.

en.wikipedia.org...

Discredited by who as a Hoax?

And on what proof thats ist a hoax?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by searchforknowledge

Please review my post.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

How can you say he has nothing to gain? I'd say there's plenty to gain by discovering an unknown pyramid, let alone the largest one on the planet. The point is, scientific surveys with the capability of finding these types of structures, aren't finding anything beneath the regolith/plant life. This can only mean one of two things. Either the pyramid is extremely (almost unfathomably) old, and shows up as typical earth soil during these surveys. Or, more likely, there's simply nothing there but a triangular shaped hill.

I'd love nothing more than to see this be the next huge archaeological discovery, but with todays technology, it's pretty easy to see through the ground. If there was something important there, I'd most definitely assume that we'd be able to find it very easily. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Cheers,
Strype

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join