It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive European Pyramids Discovered

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Really, really interesting.

Maybe these explain people like Tesla and Leedskalnin.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This is an incredible discovery and I whole-heartedly agree, too, that we must seriously re-consider our history as we now know and dont know it. There are too many significant loop-holes and 'maybe's' which ignorantly suppose archeologists, historians, and researchers alike know absolutely everything about our past trials and tribulations(the most re-occuring contexts in our historical record).

And I ask: What is the real purpose and meaning, attempting to evolve for the future, when we are not even fully capable of comprehending the past? Investigation on the large-scale is needed, if we so wish to avoid ending up like the now not-so-mythical civilization of Atlantis: Taken beneath the sea, "...in a single day and night."

edit on 20-11-2010 by TheTruthSeeker1996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Good ol' Bosnian Pyramids. Scientists fear them because they can't even explain how Egyptian pyramids and many other monuments, buildings were built so they fear them. They fear anything that they can't explain.

Also there is supposed to be a city of Gods in Tibet, near holy Mount Kailash. Enormous pyramids.

My fellow Latvian brother Edward Leedskalnin single-handedly built The Coral Castle - too bad he took he's secrets in grave.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by no special characters
This has been discredited a long time ago as a HOAX. Not sure what to think of it though. The guy seems like this typical Balkan dreamer type. Perhaps it's all real in his mind,,,, perhaps even in ours.

en.wikipedia.org...

Nice straw man attack bro

I wasn't sure when I heard of this find before, but the new video clearly shows progress and evidence.
To whom ever said Everest might also be one; that seems a little silly with all the rock mass there. Did you even watch the videos? The Mexican sun pyramid was covered and resembled the Bosnian one closely.

I love experts that dont bother to read or watch the source information. You're making a great contribution by placing your foot in your mouth.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe the hoax is a hoax?

That wiki page says:

Scientific investigations of the site show that there is no pyramid there.[Additionally, scientists have criticised the Bosnian authorities for supporting the pyramid...

Nameless "scientists". Again!
Not nameless:

Amar Karapus, a curator at the National Museum of Bosnia and Herzegovina in Sarajevo, said "When I first read about the pyramids I thought it was a very funny joke. I just couldn't believe that anyone in the world could believe this."(Source-Colin Woodard, December 2009, "The Pyramid Man", Smithsonian 40:9)

www.theregister.co.uk...

Of course, the cynical sceptics amongst you may feel that claims like these are so fantastic as to be unbelievable, but that is not the case. We believe the reason the claims are unbelievable is more simple; they are wrong.

How can we be so sure? We have been talking to Professor John Parker of Cambridge University, the director of the Botanic Garden and also Professor of Botany at St Catharine's College. He's actually travelled there and seen the evidence first hand....

El Reg: But you weren't convinced?

Professor Parker: Well, no, because I'd seen this kind of thing before. It is a perfect example of a fossilised beach, essentially little mud ripples on a beach which then becomes fossilised. What they were doing was cutting into the hillside to expose this beautiful raised beach.

El Reg: What about the marks of the shuttering?

Professor Parker: As the conglomerate formed and then subsequently cracked, the cracks were filled in with calcite which would be crystallised from the calcium carbonate and dolomite which makes up the matrix. If you looked at the cracks between the slabs carefully – and this is what told me straight away that it was natural – you could see that individual stones that were embedded in the matrix were shattered through.

In other words, you regularly find single stones, embedded in two slabs, cut neatly through by the "shuttering" lines. It seems highly unlikely that human beings would split stones and place the two halves neatly on either side of a piece of shuttering. But natural cracks will run through both the stones and the matrix. So the cracks are clearly a post-construction phenomenon, not a pre-construction one.
No, the hoax is not a hoax, unless you know more than professor Parker in which case you can explain why he's mistaken.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

S&F

Reason:

Interesting News.

On Topic:

IMO I think it is BS because we have technology now that can easily show underground/hidden structures. Why haven't they used such technology to boost their claim effect their credibility.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
"just found this on beforitsnews.com very very interesting to find such a curious hill in and find out its a pyramid. Who lived as a super civilization and built these all over the world? wow, makes me sit, and think... "

Oh yes, please sit and think ! Reality will sink in eventually.
edit on 20-11-2010 by daggyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The pyramids of Egypt were constructed via stacking multiple mastabas, which evolved over 150 years into the giza pyramids we know today. There is a clear evolution of the pyramid, and a number of failed pyramids that imploded due to false data of the engineers learning how to build them over the course of 150 years of development. After this, cultures visiting stole the idea a number of times. Evidence is seen in places like Agamemnon's tomb and the pediments of Greek Temples. The further away you get, the cruder the copy offs get. Simply cutting a mountain into a pyramid is perhaps the most simplistic way of copying that.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It seems to me that every time a post like this comes along there is inevitably at least one person who throws the "this was confirmed a hoax" one liner. Funny thing is they never back anything up. It is an odd denial that comes out in people. I believe that most of these people are very afraid of finding out that the world they live in isn't what they have been taught.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by decadence
Not much progress / research since it was found few years ago. what a pity.

I guess there are researches done but kept from the public.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Entropticus
It seems to me that every time a post like this comes along there is inevitably at least one person who throws the "this was confirmed a hoax" one liner. Funny thing is they never back anything up. It is an odd denial that comes out in people. I believe that most of these people are very afraid of finding out that the world they live in isn't what they have been taught.
You mean like my one-liner post about 4 posts up from yours?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
...And here is the best part.
We still can't agree on "pyramid construction" for the structures that are known as is.
We'll debate this time period and that intention of build...but miss the elephant in the room that is the structures themselves. Build me one now, those materials, in the best way you say it was done by man alone. I'll see you 100 years from now. They do exist, they share like minded design aspects and they are friggin massive.

I'm not saying they have to be E.T. based tech...but perhaps a "coral castle" type of earth based power.
The world is truly an enigma.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ceetee
just because wikipedia says its a hoax then it must be

No, but when real scholars and archaeologist are quoted as saying this guys is a fraud. That means something.
edit on 20-11-2010 by Cyberspy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I would say "easily" is a mighty overstatement. The tech commonly used generally gives a very subjective image that is extremely dependent on the structure and the make up of the ground being investigated. It works well for low structure or more of a "loose" soil make up but not nearly as well for high density material. Beyond that the equipment is quite expensive and time consuming to operate and at the end of the day the only real way to determine if something DOES or DOES NOT exist in a particular location is to dig. So, just because GPR has not been used does not preclude the existence of something interesting.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

After watching many programs on the history channel, I simply cannot believe this is true. Via stacking? How did they get those tiny air shafts built inside the building. Are you implying that they meticulously carved out certain blocks and stacked them perfectly to created many almost flawless air shafts/chambers etc? I don't put it past ancient humans to possess the skills to build these but lets be honest....they had help, whether it was from giants or my guess, E.T's. I don't think people traveled to Egypt and stole the idea to build a pyramid. WHY would they even want to try to build something as large as a pyramid. Why take the hardest route to build a structure.

edit on 20-11-2010 by Dudeimanoldfart because: Mispelled a few words ha.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirKnightE

Originally posted by loner007
hmm I think you will find that the Egyptian Pharoahs were in fact from western Europe. So it explains why there is pyramids in europe as people went south and headed towards Egypt.
Discovery Channel made a boo boo where they showed the results of the dna test by accident. Dr Hawis wanted to keep the dna results a secret because it didnt tally with his own ideas.

Where exactly did you get this information from???

edit on 20-11-2010 by SirKnightE because: (no reason given)

I too, am curious where this information came from. I have a bachelor's in history and focused on Near Eastern and Egyptian studies. So, this conclusion that Pharaohs came from Western Europe seems really outlandish. Anyways, shame it's a hoax, it would be really cool to have such an archeological discovery that huge.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

Bosnia is not really new News.

Some experts have claimed the largest pyramid on the planet is just out side of St. Louis, some say it looks more like a hill but then they eventually get covered with vegetation like the one in Bosnia.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
www.eutimes.net...

google is your friend
try it sometime
tut dna europe.
edit on 20-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I like it. Love seeing new stuff being discovered. So many things are buried under vegetation, under debris, soil whatever.

Troy

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join