It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The Unfair & Unbalanced Political Correctness Regarding Homosexuality?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brood
I just said that constantly bringing it up and talking about the same thing over and over again and continue to get defensive when the question is all of the sudden on your own sexual desires rather than someone else's. Rather, it's "off-topic" when the sexual desires discussed become about the anti-homosexual/homophobe. I'm supposed to ignore this for what.... PC!?
. It's the PC agenda!

Fair enough. I was just pointing out that ignorance and intolerance are more likely reasons.

Tell me honestly though, when you suggest someone with an anti-homosexual agenda is a ''closet case'', are you doing so genuinely, or are you just saying it because you think it might irritate the homophobe, or put him on the back foot ?

I also fail to see any other reason for someone to argue that homosexuality is a choice unless they feel like they chose to be heterosexual by suppressing some of their own homosexual desires. Perhaps you could provide some other possible motive?

Maybe they believe that everybody is ''naturally'' heterosexual, and any sexual persuasion that differs from this is a choice.

I don't believe that homosexuality is a choice, I'm just speculating on possible reasons that they may have for believing it is ( other than being a ''close case'' ).

Yes, and there would be no motivation to have such fear and ignorance if it hadn't been played up so much in the media to support military propaganda. I think you're missing my point, people don't just militantly do things out of ignorance and fear for kicks. There's usually a hidden motive somewhere.

I disagree, I think some people feel threatened and fearful of something or someone, just because they are different. I don't think there needs to be a hidden motive.

Click your menu and go to view posts in thread. Writing off this suppression as natural, reoccurring behavior that people are prone to doing -- seemed like you were supporting it to me...

I wasn't supporting it; I'm neutral towards what other beliefs people hold.

It doesn't matter to me whether someone holds a pro-homosexual or anti-homosexual viewpoint.

As for the rest of your post, I apologise as I thought the rest of your initial post was aimed at me, which makes the rest of our discussion redundant, as we appear to be have been at cross purposes.

My mistake.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join