It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What could this anomaly be??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
it looks to me that the person taking the photo's has moved closer to the people in the second photo, so perspective changes, and the object appears to have kept the exact same shape while moving down in the field of view.

I think it's a reflection of the sun on the camera lens. As the person moves, so does the position of it in relation to the appearance in the sky.

edit on 15/11/2010 by badw0lf because: wonky eyes this morning...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Hi there,

Did your friend/s see the object or did you just find it when looking through their pictures?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Whatever it is its beautiful, great find OP

edit on 15-11-2010 by avvie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beauty_HairyBeast
reply to post by boo1981

Hi there,

Did your friend/s see the object or did you just find it when looking through their pictures?

Hi
No I found it when looking throught my friends pictures. Im waiting on a reply from my friend. But I think Phage got it right, lens flare.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Ok, thanks for replying. I just wondered thats all.

2nd

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Not sure what I think of this but it is similar to another thread that is floating around right now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Not applicable in this case, but you can also see solar images in the sky due to ice crystals in the upper atmosphere. When this happens, you'll see image suns pop into place left and right (not above and below) of the sun, and it usually happens near sundown, although the best one I've ever seen was just after noon.

The phenomenon is called parhelia, or sun dogs. You'll always see a ring around the sun, too, with the two sun dogs on the ring to the left and right.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
If you look at the two pictures you will see that there's a difference in focal length. The "object" did not move, the focal length changed. This is called a "ghost image" and happens when you take a picture into your light source (the sun) and have a filter on the lens.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Very beautiful pictures indeed!
I think this is the early stages of moon rise caught during sunset.
The light from the setting sun, along with the clouds are probably creating that effect.
we have seen different shades of the moon at different times of day/night.

It could possibly be a solar flare, can't comment, but doesn't feel like it.

And it has not moved. It is two different pictures, we don't know if both are from the same location, even a step movement, can create a lot of difference when seen against the horizon/sea.
The cloud formation & the object (read moon) seem to be in very similar (read same) positions

you could confirm this by somehow checking the moon rise & sunset coordinates (or anything along those lines) at that beach on that day. That should give you a better picture.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Nice pics. I have seen similar effects with clouds before.

I did however notice something new with the sun this evening which i would like to mention.

I have seen differnet material over the last 12months referring to the sun settiing out of place. I am no expert on the sun setting and did not notice a huge difference in this. However this evening I was frozen in my tracks when i caught where the sun was setting in the evening sky. It was setting due south.

This is new to me.

If it was a little off from West i could understand.

The Sun was setting due south and I have never seen this before.

Please have a look for yourselves over the next few days. I was not really convinced over the whole pole shift issue. Seeing this Sun set this evening will make me revisit this over the next few weeks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join