It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure threat from GREER evaporated, forgotten?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Here is his sales spiel from Barcelona 2009

edit on 16-11-2010 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Greer has gone off big time, and who knows why? He is no way acceptable anymore really as someone the public will listen too as he will be ridiculed easily.
edit on 11/15/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

Well, I am not a particular fan of Dr Greer ( his delivery style is my hangup..lol) but hey...the man has done some amazing work to put the whole UFO/ET thing out there, much more than you or I could ever do!
And lest we forget, I am ridiculed easily if I let slip my beliefs, and being he is in the International eye, he will be ridiculed BIGTIME...lol. Way the cookie crumbles. And he knew it going in, knows it now.

Are you a UFO/ET believer or skeptic Andy? I ask because if the former, be glad there are some that can get the message out there and happily wear the ' idiot' crown. I know I could not give up my lucrative job to go chase flying saucers and aliens with my family's blessing. You?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

Steven greer doesn't know anything and he is very arrogant and just pretend to know something, he has no disclosure to make about ETs, he is a government employee and acts according to what they say and recieve huge amounts of money from them.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by annella

With regard to the public he is too easily ridiculed now. I am not saying what his work did, but the fact that what he went into after 2001, these people in the media would have a field day of ridiculing him now. At least stanton friedman is aleast a person that has some credibility with the public.

Greer had that before all the mystical stuff. I am not saying whether he is correct or not, in this stuff, but the public would just see it as bad news, if you get me. Once you start getting into mystical stuff that the public is trained to ridicule, you have no chance of telling any truths to them. The public through hollywood and media is just full of programming to ridicule that stuff.

Not syaing what he did in recent years is wrong, or right, but from the view of the public at large, they are trained to see it as wrong.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by thewarehouse
reply to post by MavRck

Please I try to forget Dr.Greer..

whats greer been up to these days? having lunch with the guy who shot kennedy? greer goes around telling folks he knows that guy.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
Here is his sales spiel from Barcelona 2009

edit on 16-11-2010 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

nice video. got anymore greer when can check out?
extra DIV

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Greer? Isn't he the guy selling damp squibs?

WG3

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
In a sense we are coming to our own conclusions and discussing the issues however we are not implementing Disclosure or forced Disclosure in making the Government put anything on the table.

"Disclosure" just means releasing information, it does not necessarily mean forcing the Government to disclose anything.

Greer "Disclosed" a tonne of information with his witnesses back in 2001. He got the information out to millions of people, so in my mind he already successfully "Disclosed".

Anyone other than Steve Greer are disclosing all typed of information be it fact or fiction. The National Enquirer , CNN, Johnathan Dayly ect.

I guess I was expecting too much in trying to get people to look at the big picture of what's going on in the world and all the disclosures that are happening. It seems people just want to use the thread to badmouth Steven Greer. Oh well....

Deny what? He nailed it on the head, Deny Ignorance YES. Where can you link me to said "technology" besides rubber band motors and Greers buggy that runs on human farts?

Go to peswiki.com or keelynet.com or overunity.com and look. Things are happening on the new energy front all the time. But who cares about all that when we have an opportunity here to badmouth Steven Greer?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
i'd never seen the Greer moth trick, what a slimey bleep bleep he is.

And now saying he knows he gut who shot Kennedy???

Has he got so in tune with his inner nutcase that he actually believes the things he makes up, that's some serious therapy work there.

As for his use to the UFO community, its ZERO, he's done so much damage its beyond belief, it would not be too much of a jump to say he has all the hallmarks of a plant who was sent in to be the bright new star, getting folk on his side and then BLAM, blow the whole lot up and act like a complete tool leaving the UFO golden boy taking the community down with him.

Job done..

Enough about this tool, as someone said it was Bassett who made the claim, has there been any words from him since or is he in on the Greer deal?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
reply to post by MavRck

credibility.

oh and the fact he takes 30 ppl out in the desert and charges them 1k each to become alien ambassadors and makes them sign a NDA. but whatevz right?

That pic is profound. I feel like Greer has really done himself a disservice my charging those rates and making so many promises about disclosure. I want so badly to be on board with him, but damn he makes it so hard.

That said, the National Press Club Conferences and the Disclosure Project Briefing Videos are remarkable pieces of history. That can't really be argued.

edit on 16-11-2010 by NightVision because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by cupocoffee
I guess I was expecting too much in trying to get people to look at the big picture of what's going on in the world and all the disclosures that are happening. It seems people just want to use the thread to badmouth Steven Greer. Oh well....

Well the problem is that when Greer started the Disclosure project many of us believed that this was the real deal... me included. But since then he has shown his true colors. All that accomplished is place a bigger shadow on any real disclosure.

While it is true that the word 'Disclosure' means giving out information, at the same time it is expected to mean verifiable TRUE information... not just stories.

It is also true that many of those that signed on with him were sincere... but they, more than us, were let down in the end. The recent press conference on CNN showed that... as some of those once supportive of Greer went on their own to tell the story

Now there is also the disappointment of Sgt Karl Wolfe Listen to his 'testimony'

He was at Langley looking at lunar orbiter images in mid 1965? Really?
Now explain to me how the hell he did that since LO missions (all 5 of them) flew in 1966- 1967 Sorry his 'oath' means nothing to me anymore

But heck who ever checks on the actual credentials of any of those witnesses anyway right? We wrote Greer on this particular problem many times, but all emails from several people were ignored.

Go to peswiki.com or keelynet.com or overunity.com and look. Things are happening on the new energy front all the time. But who cares about all that when we have an opportunity here to badmouth Steven Greer?

That is true, many groups are working on and looking at new energy and alternate energy all the time, including my own Pegasus team... but no one has produced any verifiable results yet.

Maybe we need to do like Greer... collect money from the groupies to fund the work

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I can never decide if Greer is certifiable or just a clever, shameless con man. I've been following him since the early 1990s when he and his merrry band of CSETI whackadoos claimed to be "vectoring" in UFOs using chants and flashlights. CBS (I think) exposed him in the desert then trying to hoax them. Greer, as an MD, is admittedly smart but smart ≠ sane. I'll probably never know but I have to agree he has probably done more to hurt the credibility of ufology than any other single person.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

That is true, many groups are working on and looking at new energy and alternate energy all the time, including my own Pegasus team... but no one has produced any verifiable results yet.

There's all sorts of technology. If you guys haven't found anything yet, you must not be looking very hard....

Anyway. I did not want to get into another one of these "Disclosure" arguments. Things are happening so fast now that right now I'm content to just sit back and enjoy the show. I wish people would be able to look at the big picture being painted by all these other sources OTHER THAN Steven Greer.......
edit on 16-11-2010 by cupocoffee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I watched most of Greer's videos and really loved what he was saying and doing. That is, until I saw the ridiculous sums he would charge people to view images or go on field trips with him. Not to mention the moth picture, and the more recent, green blob, or, according to Greer--"...ET appears to be a male, wearing a type of vision augmenting goggles." This being originated from a "cone of light" and is a total load of bull, and here's the CSETI Link. Those three factors have turned me off to basically anyone other than Stanton Friedman. I am captivated by many of the military members' stories, but plenty of them subscribe to sensationalism as well. Greer did a lot, but recently, he has done more to discredit the movement than anything else.
edit on 16-11-2010 by MGriff because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Double post, please remove.
edit on 16-11-2010 by MGriff because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join