It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next moon mission?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
You say it would take decades..You know it's already been 4 decades since the first visit, sooooooo?

So you think we actually HAVE been up there mining all along? Well, why not? We've seen a LOT of peculiar stuff in the skies over the last few years, some really BIG stuff, too. But it would be difficult conduct and hide a Moon-to-Earth mining operation, I think.

— Zesko Whirligan

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zesko Whirligan

Originally posted by backinblack
You say it would take decades..You know it's already been 4 decades since the first visit, sooooooo?

So you think we actually HAVE been up there mining all along? Well, why not? We've seen a LOT of peculiar stuff in the skies over the last few years, some really BIG stuff, too. But it would be difficult conduct and hide a Moon-to-Earth mining operation, I think.

— Zesko Whirligan

Why? Guess that would depend on the tech used in the vehicles..Large rockets may be hard to hide but who says thats all they have got??
And plenty of places on earth are not monitored...
And HE3 is not exactly a huge volume material to transport to be worthwhile..
edit on 15-11-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Ongoing mining operations require a steady and reliable means of communications between headquarters and the actual miners on the front line. Wouldn't these communications have been monitored by the MILLIONS of amateur radio enthusiasts, who are very well acquainted with NASA's radio traffic, as well as all sorts of covert radio traffic?

The answer is YES, the odd radio traffic would have been monitored long ago, IF it was there in the first place.

It's an increasingly transparent world, and I don't think something as technology-intensive as Moon mining could be hidden for very long.

— Zesko Whirligan
edit on 11/15/2010 by Zesko Whirligan because: typo

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Zesko Whirligan

Communication is your problem??
The military communicates every day and we don't hear it..
I don't understand why you would even think that's ab issue..

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jaxnmarko

On the subject of our having been warned off, I would like to see the original , genuine documented evidence you have for that. The NASA letter headed paper, with the nature of the warning on it, the memo to the POTUS detailing the warning , and its contents in standard bullet pointed english, and so on and so forth.
I dont feel its appropriate to say something that does not stand up to proof and scrutiny .

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Why we haven't been back.....

Simple, the cost-benefit analysis just didn't support it.

Much more to gain by launching expensive satellites, etc. For years, more terrestrial pursuits have taken priority.

I for one, agree with Buzz Aldrin...been there, don't that, let's plan for a Mars trip....not a revisit to the moon. At this point though, I'm betting China will set foot on Mars (with a human being) before we do.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Why we haven't been back.....

Much more to gain by launching expensive satellites, etc. For years, more terrestrial pursuits have taken priority.

I for one, agree with Buzz Aldrin...been there, don't that, let's plan for a Mars trip....not a revisit to the moon. At this point though, I'm betting China will set foot on Mars (with a human being) before we do.

Some argue that a base on the moon as a launch pad for deeper exploration would actually work out cheaper..
And once a permanent base is set up mining could help finance the operation and maybe even fuel the craft..
If there is abundant water as some now suggest then that could make it almost self sufficient..

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Really? Tell that to HH Schmitt who is working on collecting all that HE3

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Even if China did somehow make it to the moon, any true information would never make it to the public anyway. Whether through censorship of the web or the lack of true reporting coming from our msm sources, the truth will never be broadcasted as openly and so matter of fact.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I'm betting China will set foot on Mars (with a human being) before we do.

I'll take that bet

Considering the faked the Shenzhou 7 space walk it's safe money

Ummm how much we talking? I gotz hungry Ferrets to feed?

OH and I am willing to not count any possible current habitation of rumored bases

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jaxnmarko

i don't wanna repeat my arguments (read here: www.abovetopsecret.com...). Moon mission is pure BS, made by nasa pictures.
&, yea, China iZ_z fA_ar from Moon

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Let's just call it a Gentleman's bet...hehe...and note that I did say "at this point"...meaning the current NASA funding and goals. I imagine that would change if the US got wind that China was on the way to beating us in such an endeavor. Only THEN, would there be an impetus like we saw after Sputnik.

Some argue that a base on the moon as a launch pad for deeper exploration would actually work out cheaper..
And once a permanent base is set up mining could help finance the operation and maybe even fuel the craft..
If there is abundant water as some now suggest then that could make it almost self sufficient..

Sure, but the initial cost of construction is just something beyond the scope of the bean-counters acceptance. Don't get me wrong, I want to see us invest more heavily in space exploration, and I think that a moon mission (or missions) for establishing such a stepping base are fine...but going to the moon (again) just to go there, is futile.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Sure, but the initial cost of construction is just something beyond the scope of the bean-counters acceptance.

That depends on which bean counters you watch

www.lpi.usra.edu...

Read that a couple times... then get back to me to show you what you missed

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I've read through it, but I don't see anything about mitigating the initial cost of delivering those tons of material to the lunar surface, the construction of the base, other than the undefined pay-back period. No monetary amounts even seem to be in the document.

Don't get me wrong I think it's worth the investment, but looking at NASA's upcoming mission outlines, it doesn't seem THEY think so....

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I've read through it, but I don't see anything about mitigating the initial cost of delivering those tons of material to the lunar surface, the construction of the base, other than the undefined pay-back period. No monetary amounts even seem to be in the document.

True but it does say "Work continues on the “pay-off” phase"

Besides that is Buzz Aldrins company

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

NASA isn't interested in making money.

For instance you could offer NASA enogh money to pay for the entire mission and they still wouldn't let you tag along. The Russians on the other hand have taken several tourists to the International Space Station.

So, your premise is false. NASA isn't conserned with making a profit.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by fieryjaguarpaw

So, your premise is false. NASA isn't conserned with making a profit.

come on, what a so blessed, virgin naiveness!
do you think they work only for food?
those pure enthusiasts always have had most fattie budget among the likes
ESA, RSA & whatever else even could Nothing to have imagined same heaps of money & cannot so far
in fact, nasa have had most useless programme to explore Mother - Universe

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Do you have a link??

Tell that to HH Schmitt...

nvm...found it, with better typing!

Harrison H. Schmitt???

Ok......
edit on 15 November 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Zesko Whirligan

Very true! However, it does take out most of the excitment doesnt it? =[

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
It's not getting to the moon, it is staying there for more than the Apollo 17 record of (75 hours)
NASA helping China get to the moon is one thing, having them stay for more than 75 hours is another.

There is so much to do, so much to plan and have the technology to stay on the moon it could easily take 60 years when the drive to stay wasn't really a priority. Staying technology is what was needed to be invented. The technology to converting moon dust to oxygen just came about which is another thorn in the moon conspiracy saying we never made it too the moon. Well how did we get all those the rocks to experiment with? .

Next, the choices
NASA is doing so many things in space, Telescopes, Rockets, Satellites, Probs, you name it there is a lot of stuff NASA is doing. If NASA said that is it, we are only going to focus on the moon and nothing else NASA would have a camp there in 5 years. But to mine He3 right now is not a priority.

So Aliens telling NASA don't come back or else, is like saying hey don't comeback and waste money when there are other more important things to explore. It doesn't take a rocket scientist or an alien to figure that out.

It is still funny with everything going on in space exploration, we still don't have a plan for a meteor strike.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join