It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next moon mission?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
It's been said that the final mission to the moon was cancelled despite having already been paid for, the astronauts trained, and the equipment ready. Some give the reason that we were "warned off". It's also been said that there are structures on the moon. The Spire, the Tower, and the Cube, to name only a few. Apparently visible faintly in NASA photographs taken by astronauts or surveying missions. If these are true, and the Chinese intend to go to the moon and have been nearing that goal with all their testing of manned capsules and landers and rockets, my questions are: what will they find, will we somehow stop them, will they be stopped by another source, or what will be the consequences? Lately I've seen a lot of old and new information regarding the moon and what may be on it, such as the latest Chinese photographs of a recent mission (apparently recycled NASA photos which were blurred in certain areas on purpose). The Chinese would love to rub our noses in revealed secrets, have no reason to worry about social/religious consequences that may face the West (like ties to the Vatican and questioning of our Western religions, being communists) and are fast approaching the technological capabilities of reaching the moon. If we Were warned away.... what happens? What will they find? Will we reveal what we know to beat them to the punch? Just musings, nothing new in information, I'm just curious what other ATS posters may think on this matter.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
what is really sad is they had to buy the info on how to make a big rocket work from us when they built the first rockets lol. I'm not hating on china but i doubt they will be up to the skills of nasa even 1960's nasa. china is known for trying to take shortcuts and when going to the moon that's a bad idea. What i see is they will not let anyone know about it except maybe other governments and it will be kept under raps because of the huge chance of failure. Lol we have 50+ years of know how where they might have 20 or 30 years tops. If they do make it they will just show the people what happened and act like it is just happening. Maybe even sending a rocket up into space untill the mission is over and having it land so they it looks like it just happened.
I

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
maybe china will give us the heads up cause i doubt us/nasa is interested in disclosing truth to us stupid sheep(note sarcasm)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaxnmarko
If these are true, and the Chinese intend to go to the moon and have been nearing that goal with all their testing of manned capsules and landers and rockets, my questions are: what will they find, will we somehow stop them, will they be stopped by another source, or what will be the consequences?

CHECK MATE

That is NASA chief Griffin

edit on 15-11-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jaxnmarko

I also wonder why we haven't been back..
40 years on imagine how much easier it should be with advancements in computers, light weight materials, communications and rockets....
Look how many times they went there already with zero fatalities...
It should be a walk in the park......

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Now that we know there is water up there, I don't know why we aren't going back. Solar panels for electricity, water for oxygen, hydrogen, water, growing food, various metals for manufacturing...... let alone what alien technology that might be there, unless of course, we really were warned off and are worried about the warning. The space station is closer but dangerous. Zero gravity is hard on humans, dodging space debris is dodgy , and it is totally reliant on us. A large enough base on the moon could be fairly self sufficient and a great starting place to head to other places from, with the low gravity. Blurring images is inexcusable. They were paid for by our tax dollars. I know, NASA is almost a dependent of the Military but aren't they supposed to answer to the public as well? We lost control of our own government years ago. Eisenhower was right about the military industrial complex, and we are its serfs. China may be better at copying than creation, and sometimes not even that good at copying, but really, we are only talking about tech we used in the 60's and 70's.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jaxnmarko

Dear jaxnmarko.

If what you speculate is true and that is just a big if. Buildings mines, bases and all.

You have to speculate why all this is not being disclosed.

This thread is about Anti-Gravity and Cold Fusion. www.abovetopsecret.com...

If true this would bring an end to the world as we know it.

I have a feeling that non-disclosure goes way beyond a few very red faces I think that disclosure would have the same result.

Not easy to put the Geny back in the bottle.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

If these are true, and the Chinese intend to go to the moon and have been nearing that goal with all their testing of manned capsules and landers and rockets, my questions are: what will they find, will we somehow stop them, will they be stopped by another source, or what will be the consequences?

CHECK MATE

That is NASA chief Griffin

edit on 15-11-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

Yep! all roots to Nasa and the butt stops there

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
The reason we haven't been back to the Moon is purely political. Any scientific research that doesn't directly benefit the government (such as military technology) or contribute to the economy is traditionally put on the shelf, including the Man on the Moon program. Yes, the Apollo missions were sensational news stories (at first), but what benefits to military technology or the economy came out of the manned missions to the Moon? Very little.

That's why several presidencies in a row have shelved a manned return to the Moon. In today's economy, the cost would be astronomical and unjustifiable. Obama CORRECTLY canceled plans for a manned return to the Moon.

Frankly, a robotic return would be significantly cheaper and would make more sense. Sending humans into space is a ridiculous expenditure when the same things can be accomplished by robots for a fraction of the cost.

— Zesko Whirligan
edit on 11/15/2010 by Zesko Whirligan because: typo

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Now that we know there is water up there, I don't know why we aren't going back. Solar panels for electricity, water for oxygen, hydrogen, water, growing food, various metals for manufacturing...... let alone what alien technology that might be there, unless of course, we really were warned off and are worried about the warning. The space station is closer but dangerous. Zero gravity is hard on humans, dodging space debris is dodgy , and it is totally reliant on us. A large enough base on the moon could be fairly self sufficient and a great starting place to head to other places from, with the low gravity. Blurring images is inexcusable. They were paid for by our tax dollars. I know, NASA is almost a dependent of the Military but aren't they supposed to answer to the public as well? We lost control of our own government years ago. Eisenhower was right about the military industrial complex, and we are its serfs. China may be better at copying than creation, and sometimes not even that good at copying, but really, we are only talking about tech we used in the 60's and 70's.

Dont forget H3, You would have to think longterm a lunar base would save money if it was set up as a base for future space exploration...It could maybe pay for itself from mining...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zesko Whirligan
The reason we haven't been back to the Moon is purely political. Any scientific research that doesn't directly benefit the government (such as military technology) or contribute to the economy is traditionally put on the shelf, including the Man on the Moon program. Yes, the Apollo missions were sensational news stories (at first), but what benefits to military technology or the economy came out of the manned missions to the Moon? Very little.

That's why several presidencies in a row have shelved a manned return to the Moon. In today's economy, the cost would be astronomical and unjustifiable. Obama CORRECTLY canceled plans for a manned return to the Moon.

Frankly, a robotic return would be significantly cheaper and would make more sense. Sending humans into space is a ridiculous expenditure when the same things can be accomplished by robots for a fraction of the cost.

— Zesko Whirligan

Or maybe they found more worthwhile things up there than they admit and have continued to go there secretly..
How would we know???

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Dont forget H3, You would have to think longterm a lunar base would save money if it was set up as a base for future space exploration...It could maybe pay for itself from mining...

By the time NASA gets back there the HE3 will be all strip mined

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

By the time NASA gets back there the HE3 will be all strip mined

lol, imagine if the chinese finally release pics of the dark side and it's half gone..

I go to Malaysia a lot and as you drive into Ipoh it's thru these nice big hills, but the other sides of the hills have been all mined away, it's just a front..

edit on 15-11-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I'm sort of looking forward to the PRIVATEERS taking us back to the moon, and it can be done with current technology AND it can be made profitable.

Just don't send humans up there.

I'm talking about sending some of the BEST imaging equipment available to the moon, mount it on goddamn lunar tractors, turn those tractors loose to explore the lunar surface, and CHARGE people on Earth for the experience of a virtual reality tour of the moon, with panoramic 3D headsets and the whole nine yards, baby.

Imagine millions of viewers in Lunar Theaters, wearing headsets, listening to John Williams soundtracks and narration as they explore the Lunar Surface in REAL time, courtesy of a few dozen Lunar Tractors roving about on the hostile surface of the Moon. It can be done right now.

Sweet. Sign me up.

— Zesko Whirligan

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Imagine millions of viewers in Lunar Theaters, wearing headsets, listening to John Williams soundtracks and narration as they explore the Lunar Surface in REAL time, courtesy of a few dozen Lunar Tractors roving about on the hostile surface of the Moon. It can be done right now.

When the private companies hit the moon it will be for the HE3 much more return on the buck. And anyone who thinks we will let China, or anyone, get that prize, despite what Obama spouts, it delusional

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Zesko Whirligan

The greenies would go ape??? Tractors digging up that prinstine enviroment?? No way..

On a side note...Will the US let them? hmmmmm

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

haha snap...
I win

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
But, you see, the HE3 isn't immediately commercial and it doesn't appeal to the public.... It would take DECADES to successfully mine the Moon in quantities that justified the expense. You're not going to see resource-tapping on the Moon until the 2030's or 2040's.

But we can put high-resolution camera tractors up there RIGHT NOW and charge people for the experience of exploring the Moon.

That's something we can do NOW.

— Zesko Whirligan

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

But, you see, the HE3 isn't immediately commercial and it doesn't appeal to the public.... It would take DECADES to successfully mine the Moon in quantities that justified the expense. You're not going to see resource-tapping on the Moon until the 2030's or 2040's.

But we can put high-resolution camera tractors up there RIGHT NOW and charge people for the experience of exploring the Moon.

That's something we can do NOW.

— Zesko Whirligan

You say it would take decades..You know it's already been 4 decades since the first visit, sooooooo?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

The greenies would go ape??? Tractors digging up that prinstine enviroment??

So far, the Greenies haven't complained loudly about our rovers on Mars, or our intentionally crashing probes into Jupiter and into asteroids.

Why the hell should the Greenies care about a few innocuous tractor treads in the soil up on the Moon? We've already dumped all kinds of junk up there, and the Moon is too hostile for Life as we know it, so why would the Greenies object to a little capitalism and an ultimate educational experience?

— Zesko Whirligan

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join