It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can watch you on your built in webcam if you come to my website!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

I keep colored painters tape over my built in camera and have made it very thick just in case

I also have my microphone disabled although I don't know if that is good enough these days since if somehow I'm being remotely accessed it may be able to still work but whatever I don't have too many conversations in front of my computer I usually walk away from it but sometimes I have some phone calls.

Don't let these people who are so evil scare you - if you allow them to influence you, you will just have more fear in your life... we don't need anymore of this, don't give them that fear, they live off of it, it's what they LIVE for.

If everyone were to just be happy and helpful (as in the masses) the news and propaganda would not effect our minds and we'd be open to more happiness in our lives as well as everyone would be thinking for themselves.

I hope you all can drop your fear of those evil bastards out there and just live your life for what it is.

Cover up your cameras and disable your microphone.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by joesomebody

Yes, correct - it would require some level of backdoor access or physical access to enable the camera. There have been cases in the past where a tech at a pc repair store has enabled the camera to spy on customers. I am sure the 3 letter organisations also use this method - but these guys open your front door and walk into your house. The BS about using wireshark to find an IP or some other stupid claims on this thread are beyond ridiculous.

As a flash programmer I can assure people here that you need to grant permission to the Flash plugin on a per session basis.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Also, if you all would use firefox and the adblock plus and noscript extensions, as well as betterprivacy, and set them all up and train them correctly, clickjacking is impossible unless someone is spoofing an SSL certificate...which is easy enough if you know what you're doing (I've done it before...fun to mess with my friends)...but anyway, there is no such thing as a secure computer.

Not connected to a network or the internet, you say? That's fine, I'll pick your locks while you're at work and install a keylogger and copy any unencrypted files that way. Then I'll come back later for your passwords in the keylogger, as well as your truecrypted files.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by twodee

Just incase you missed my earlier posts, I was saying much the same as you at the start of this thread until I came across this

edit on 14-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by twodee

Just incase you missed my earlier posts, I was saying much the same as you at the start of this thread until I came across Link that proves how wrong I was" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">this video.

With noscript, clickjacking isn't possible.

noscript.net...
edit on 14-11-2010 by joesomebody because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by theregonnakillme
reply to post by silent thunder

It is a reality and has been ever since they were introduced. Anyone who works in software will tell you that accessing a webcam takes a SINGLE like of code : - cvCaptureFromCAM

The question I have is:
Can we view this code via the source code?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by joesomebody

Yes I have subsequently found that out too, but without NoScript the original premise of the OP is indeed possible

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by joesomebody
Also, if you all would use firefox and the adblock plus and noscript extensions, as well as betterprivacy, and set them all up and train them correctly, clickjacking is impossible unless someone is spoofing an SSL certificate...which is easy enough if you know what you're doing (I've done it before...fun to mess with my friends)...but anyway, there is no such thing as a secure computer.

Not connected to a network or the internet, you say? That's fine, I'll pick your locks while you're at work and install a keylogger and copy any unencrypted files that way. Then I'll come back later for your passwords in the keylogger, as well as your truecrypted files.

Great advice.
I also use greasemonkey scripts to force SSL encryption and use Taco 3 with albino.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chinesis

Great advice.
I also use greasemonkey scripts to force SSL encryption and use Taco 3 with albino.

Thanks for the tip - hadn't heard of that encryption suite. You do realize that for a lot of SSL sites, I could still bypass it by performing a simple man in the middle attack with SSLspoof and some other tools/scripts...the only safe way there is to tunnel through a VPN or server out in the cloud...and hope that it is secure.

I use greasemonkey as well, and I think I have the SSL forcing script installed too...
edit on 14-11-2010 by joesomebody because: (no reason given)

edit on 2010/11/14 by GradyPhilpott because: trimmed nested quote

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chinesis

The question I have is:
Can we view this code via the source code?

This is C++ code which has nothing to do with websites, so this post has nothing to do with this thread...
edit on 2010/11/14 by GradyPhilpott because: trimmed nested quote

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Where did you learn how to talk to people?
If these are two different things altogether (which any astute observer with a modicum of IT knowledge would have) then it should have also been obvious I did not know that!

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Meh, switch to linux and learn how to use IPTables, or convert a router to a nix-router so you can control the connections.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Chinesis

I answered your question, don't shoot the messenger.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

That has nothing to do with this thread. The OP stated that a website could take control of the camera - so throwing some lingo around doesn't make you the authority on OS usage. I would assume the webpage would already have an established connection so a firewall would not help. However, as I stated before - permission must be given to the camera through the activex or flash app.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
This is very interesting & it makes you think about everything. Thank you for sharing

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by twodee

Actually, its got a lot to do with it. Many PC(windows) manufacturers and MACs have a feature to let people turn on the webcam WITHOUT a flash applet. It's a "Security" feature.

You can block all methods easy enough by making the switch.
edit on 14-11-2010 by lordtyp0 because: Awkward phrasing

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0
reply to post by twodee

Actually, its got a lot to do with it. Many PC(windows) manufacturers and MACs have a feature to let people turn on the webcam WITHOUT a flash applet. It's a "Security" feature.

You can block all methods easy enough by making the switch.
edit on 14-11-2010 by lordtyp0 because: Awkward phrasing

Please point me to the relative website that reports this - I have yet to find a camera that can be turned on by a website without user interaction or RAT manipulation. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by theregonnakillme
It is possible to deactivate the light yes; it is as simple as ( variable=0 ) zero being off

The light is controlled by the hardware inside the webcamera! Whenever the hardware is streaming video it will light up, this can NOT be changed by software!

So stop spreading lies!

Neither can any website easily execute code to view a webcam, this would require a browser exploit or flash exploit (which are not easy to find).
edit on 2010/11/14 by TrappedSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I have a mac and I'm pretty positive it's jacked up with all kinds of crap... but it's not screaming about it constantly and still let's me use it most of the time and that is my main concern. I mean, what are hackers gonna do? Steal my money?

As long as I can avoid a *no internet connection conniption* I'm good.
edit on 14-11-2010 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TrappedSoul

If a browser exploit is all it takes you can count safari in because I think it's one of the easiest to hack.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join