It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernanke's worst nightmare: Ron Paul

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Bernanke's worst nightmare: Ron Paul

money.cnn.com

With the Republicans coming to power, Paul, who would like to abolish the Fed and the nation's current monetary system, will become the chairman of the House Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Mon Nov 15 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: title of thread must match title of source

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Finally, Dr Paul gets some oversight over the Federal Reserve!

It's about time that a politician who actually has some cajones to look investigate the financial system is put in charge of it, instead of politicians who are paid off by the bankers.

Chairman of the House Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy? Finally! Maybe we'll actually see some value bought back to the US dollar.

Unfortunately, given the ultimate power the Fed has over the currency, it's likely the Fed will win any battle over its policies.

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This is the best news I have heard in a long time! I think Ron Paul should be President. Thanks OP for bringing this to light! GO RON PAUL!!!

Here's the Ron Paul Revolution song!

www.youtube.com...

Edit to add song
edit on 12-11-2010 by kennylee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I completely agree.. Oversight, then get rid of the Fed and replace it with something that represents the people, and not banking interests.

There is also a call on the World Stage to go back to the system of the Gold standard, backing currency with precious metals for value again.

Audit the Fed, audit Fort Knox, and move from there.

With the conspiracy theories in ply about the JFK assassination (he supposedly signed an EO ending the Fed, which Johnson supposedly rescinded when he was sworn in) I am curious if there is not a car accident or freak plane crash in his future.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
If only he had the power to do anything about it... But I don't think he will. No single person has any power in Washington today. Least of all Ron Paul. It's nice to think about but I'm cynical about anything actually getting changed.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Actually if Ron Paul finds evidence to suggest " foul play " , ( which we all know the answer to that ), he actually can take that evidence to the House of Representatives first, considering the House now controls the budget. I think with the use of the House, they can have more influence over the Congress. But that's still no guarantee.

Regardless, its good to see a Constitutionalist finally take order.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I betcha he will do something... In fact he is quite ambitious in destroying the fed. Since he can't destroy it I'm sure he will at least use this position to audit them and hopefully strong arm them.

If this man ever runs for President. He will have my vote.. No doubt.
edit on 12-11-2010 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
I am curious if there is not a car accident or freak plane crash in his future.

Exactly! They (the FED) CAN"T let him get away with that!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

First, he tried to run for president...unfortunately didn't fair very well~

Secondly, I think your right, he will disrupt the Fed's, and wreak havoc on the system!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I'm having a hard time appreciating this. See...Ron Paul's position on our monetary system is hard to argue (which why I support him), but I have my suspicions as to why he's being given oversight of the Federal Reserve. Either he is not going to have the power to do much of anything, despite the title. Or...congress has simply given up finding solutions on our economic crisis (along with many others that are surfacing) and they're throwing the mess in his face in hopes that he'll perform some miraculous overhaul of our economy. Or perhaps they may be on the same page with ongoing rumors in regards to the # hitting the fan quite soon.

Our banking system and financial institutions remain afloat only because of free market operations, but there's no denying that it is just a global grand-scale ponzi scheme. And when international markets get an indication of this fact...the # will be hitting the fan...
And I can't say that any economic power (as of today) is going to be getting out of safely. All major economies at this point are interdependent one way or another.
One thing I can guarantee is that you'll be hearing from the World Bank much more.
edit on 12-11-2010 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana

Our banking system and financial institutions remain afloat only because of free market operations, but there's no denying that it is just a global grand-scale ponzi scheme.

That is actually a pretty hard statement to accept and support. It is clear that Wall Street (the banksters), as well as Banksters across Europe, have managed to stay in business and support their high salaries as a direct result of legislative engineered bailouts - which would hardly qualify as saying that the banksters are able to stay in business due to "free market operations".

Government intervention - on behalf of the Banksters, is really why we are still stuck in a paradigm of massive wealth transfer...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NorthStarRise

How are the bailouts not related to open market operations? The Fed has pulled strings by legislative measures, it owes its every existence in its ability to do so.

I see I mistakenly used 'free' instead of 'open'

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Ok, so...i'm SUPPOSED to believe that this patriot POLITICIAN...is going to be looking over the money? Well, what if there is no money to oversight? What if a new system is already in play, and we are just living out the old system, til the new one is introduced? What will Mr. Paul oversight then?

It would have been better, if he was in that position, during the bank bailouts!

What i really don't get is this....are we supposed to think that 'change' is being made on our behalf? Do we really THINK, Mr. Paul is going to 'change' things? I think he's going to be guarding an empty office....being led to believe that there's valuable stuff inside. There is NO MONEY, people. We are now using 'electronic currency'. What part, don't you get?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
HELL YES. This is like, the best possible political assignment currently available. Ron Paul is going to kick some SERIOUS cash-printing ass.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
re-post sorry~
edit on 12-11-2010 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

link   
pc error, re-post
edit on 12-11-2010 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

link   
Hopefully if we are lucky, he will continue to stick to the Constitution fundamentals, and during the review of Federal spending and what not, remove ALL unconstitutional spending! Welfare, food stamps, etc...these social programs are a continued burden on the American people, and for what? So those who abuse the system can continue to do so!?
Lets hope he starts with the basic of programs and quickly work his way up!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
*sigh*, why ATSers never learn that the elites are always two steps ahead of them every time.

And his son is a senator, too, btw.

Why NWO let Ron Paul alive all this time, it makes no sense

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This is good news, but you will soon notice that for conspiracy-theorists nothing is good news. The minute one of "theirs" gains some power or oversight he becomes "one of them" and is to be feared or hated.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

He was never one of "mine".

This is appointment is as pointless as it gets. He will have no power over the Fed. They are just putting him there because they know Tea Party ardent are enamored with him.

The system is busted, play in as much as you want, you will fix nothing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join