It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
OK. CNN is now reporting on this. No new info though. 11:44AM on CNN

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

in the sky
How strange. I live in El Paso, near White Sands Missile range. There was a trail in the sky of a missile launch 11/08/2010, early morning sometime. Strange to have two missile tests on the same day huh? especially as all these rumors of false flag are flying around. Is it possible that one of the authors of a false flag on this site is a CEO of a popular canned good company? Or CEO of a bottled water company?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Looks like a jet contrail to me. A missile gets going quite a bit faster than that.
I can't really tell how fast it's going but what do you think of what appears to be a red light coming off the back of it about 20-21 seconds in this video? I would have thought that more consistent with rocket exhaust than a plane?

Missile Launched Off Calif. Coast

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
here is an faa map of the area, red dot being where it looks like the missile may have come from.

it is within the warning areas, but also well within the contiguous US ADIZ, so therefore the only options are either the US knew about this missile or this is a huge middle finger from some other advanced world power.

edit on 9-11-2010 by TheRepublic because: big image, scroll to right to see area of launch

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I think this was predicted on an episode of 'The Simpsons'.

After all it is 11/9/10 which could be 9/11/01 reversed.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacekc929

Originally posted by tommyjo
It is a contrail. It is all a matter of perspective. It isn't the first time that such a contrail has caused confusion.

contrailscience.com...

Think about it? No ballistic missile is launched without a NOTAM (Notice to Airman) being issued. There is a whole issue of flight safety for all concerned. Also think about an unannounced launch of a ballistic missile. It isn't going to go unnoticed by the likes of Russia with their space based and ground based ballistic missile warning systems. For the Russians it would be considered a rogue launch. Strict protocol is in force between the US and Russia to avoid such a misinterpretation.

TJ

I highly, highly doubt that a former Deputy Defense Secretary would mistake a contrail for an intercontinental ballistic missile shot from a submarine... his only guess of what it might be.

Of course he can. It isn't the first time that this type of contrail has been misidentified and caused confusion.
People in the military misidentify and even Deputy Defence Secs are not outside that category. He is guessing because he has never encountered a lit contrail of this type before.

As an aviation enthusiast I've seen several of these lit contrails that appear to be a launch from the ground. It is a simple case of perspective as already pointed out by previously captured images in the US. People are simply taking it on face value without looking at how an aircraft contrail filmed from that distance and perspective can be mistaken for how they perceive a ballistic missile launch should look.

TJ

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I think it's a jet, not a missile.
Quantas could have "launched" it.

A missile goes faster and the engine burns much brighter than what is seen in the video.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by Springheel Jack
Nobody, absolutely NO BODY, would violate US Airspace after 9/11 without every alarm going off up the chain.
Did someone say they violated US airspace? I'm not sure how far off the coast of CA that extends but please enlighten me if you know.

It looks to me like it might be far enough offshore to be in international waters and if the missile headed away from the USA then perhaps it never violated US airspace, just got close enough to raise the hair on our neck?

Unless they were as many 'coincidences' as there were on 9/11.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

I`m not an American and I know well enough that it`s the Republicans that can`t be trusted. Actually you can`t trust either but the Republicans are the dangerous ones.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Showing Asia military might tells me there has recently been some high-level arguments between our governments. I know China was pretty PO'd about our Navy being so close to them awhile back.
Something to do with island disputes with Japan.

Updated Tuesday, November 2, 2010 2:55 pm TWN, AP
China objects to US offer over disputed islands
Article

Now if you are wondering if this is disinfo because its a Chinese article the same could be said for American news media.
However, I am sure American women and Asian men don't mix well together when power is involved. (Hillary)
and she has a tendency to have bigger Huevos than many men in positions of power.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommyjo

Of course he can. It isn't the first time that this type of contrail has been misidentified and caused confusion.
People in the military misidentify and even Deputy Defence Secs are not outside that category. He is guessing because he has never encountered a lit contrail of this type before.

As an aviation enthusiast I've seen several of these lit contrails that appear to be a launch from the ground. It is a simple case of perspective as already pointed out by previously captured images in the US. People are simply taking it on face value without looking at how an aircraft contrail filmed from that distance and perspective can be mistaken for how they perceive a ballistic missile launch should look.

TJ

I am willing to bet that this guy is an "aviation enthusiast" as well and would therefore not be fooled easily. I can understand if it's a random person filming saying "Look, a missile launch! There is a chance it is an intercontinental ballistic missile launched from a submarine!" and you saying, "Listen dude, this is a contrail." But a guy whose job used to be telling the President what strategic military moves he should make... he is not going to mistake an airplane for a missile! It just doesn't make sense. I mean, you're right that it is POSSIBLE that is what's happening, but what I said, in my original post, was that I 'highly, highly doubt it.' It doesn't make sense that he would make such a simple mistake and end up saying something on National Television that could provoke mass fear. In all likelihood, he is a lot less likely to be mistaken than we are - so you're right in that he COULD have made a mistake, but as I said, I highly, highly doubt it.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

Pentagon came out 2 minutes ago and said "We've come up empty with any explanation, but are not alarmed about this until we know more". Hmm now that might alarm ME.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
At 1:37 into the video there is a large jet, probably commercial, too damned close to that missile! This increases the mystery. Commercial traffric would have been warned away from the spot if it was a pre-determined flight. Even if that plane is a military "chase" plane or one not involved, it seems unlikely to me that it would have been allowed within that distance. Toward the end of one sequnce, there is a brightening of the rocket, which seems, indeed, to be large. Evidently that was a first-stage seperation.

So we are looking at a sub or ship launch. That narrows down the possibilities. Some subs have ICBM, but ships? Perhaps there are highly secret underwater missile "silos" that we have not even dreamed about? Still, any regular launch would have been from a cleared area, and 35 miles off the coast of LA is hardly ever that.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

If it were simply a matter of this being a jet scooting across the pond to the Eastern Pacific, don't you think somebody somewhere would have come forward by this point and said . . . hell, that was us . . . just a normal flight.

You've got to believe the military would be able to dial that in pretty quickly as well.

Something's hinkie about this . . . not sure exactly how or why . . . but hinkie it is!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkRift
Hi,
If you look at the original video. At 1:36 into the video. A large plane comes into view. Could this be linked to this event. LINK.

If this wasn't down to the US and someone let some missiles off in your own back yard. Wouldn't you have thought that they would treat this with the highest priority.

Hopefully just laser testing as the link suggests.

Well spotted, I think you might well be right.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by fltcui
reply to post by superluminal11

Pentagon came out 2 minutes ago and said "We've come up empty with any explanation, but are not alarmed about this until we know more". Hmm now that might alarm ME.

That's a smokescreen, IMO.
second

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

LOL!!! Contrail? My #$$!! Tell me which agency do you work for? CIA,Homeland InSecurity,NWO,Mossadd? My guess is the US are flexing their muscles for somebodies benefit...can't be good IMO!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Remember a few months back the Navy was doing some drills by the Koreas and a couple of Chinese subs popped up within striking distance? Basically the Chinese caught them with their pants down and maybe this is another demonstration of China's advanced stealth subs.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

A Deputy Secretary of Defense does not normally advise the president. He's a manager.

The typical role of the Deputy Secretary of Defense is to oversee the day-to-day business and management of the $500 billion plus Department of Defense, that is as its Chief Operating Officer, while the Secretary of Defense focuses on the big issues and advises the President. The Deputy Secretary, among the office's responsibilities, chairs the Defense Resources Board (DRB) and manages the Quadrennial Defense Review (QDR).

en.wikipedia.org...

Nor would a former Deputy Secretary necessarily know what a missile launch looks like.

The Deputy Secretary of Defense is appointed by the President, with the advice and consent of the Senate. The Deputy Secretary, by statute, must be a civilian, at least seven years removed from service as a commissioned officer on active-duty at the date of appointment.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, thanks, but I believe the fellow pretty well excused himself from identifying the object.

We are to assume from your "official" copied material that this guy is speaking through his hat entirely and therefore anything he says is to be discounted because he has never been briefed about such things?

Gives us a break!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join