It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Are All Going To Die!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dingleberrysalad
indeed we all die, happiness is the only wealth we can have.
though we could never hope to achieve immortality in our consciousness as we know it, and it's obvious that it's useless to trivialize about whats on the other side of the fence until your actually there, there is one way we CAN live forever, not as individuals, but as a whole. it doesn't matter what is on the other side of that fence, all we know is what is on this side, so making the best out of it is important.
but are we so selfish as to live in excess to such extremes as to leave our future generations with nothing to enjoy?
if life is worth living then it is for them. that is the immortality we can achieve, and even that can't continue on forever.
"live for yourself and you live in vain, live for others and you live again" bob marley
it's easy just to forget about all of the evils(for lack of a better word) of the world and isolate yourself, everyone needs a sanctuary of sorts to relax and relieve stress. but it's important to remember that if the caring and the wise are kept isolated, there will be no enlightenment for those who are manipulated by the greedy.
those who can think for themselves may be ostracized, and many social stigmas are put on those people by those who would take control and keep it, but keeping your ideas and perceptions to yourself will do no good, even if the penalty for such is death.
there are three treasures that come from the tao, and all life could never exist without them

the first is love or just kindness. this is the root of all courage and bravery. a benign leader will always have fearless warriors because they have the same goals, the same motivation.

the second is moderation. one who knows when enough is enough is he who truly can have enough. in this way resources can be used where they are needed. those who live in insufficiency will never have a chance to live in moderation. one who lives in overabundance is like a man who keeps filling his cup though it is full, hoarding all that he can until there is nothing left for his neighbors.

the last is humility. this is the root of all trust. by not taking precedence over others we can gain from their perspectives and wisdom. even the smallest and insignificant of things, living or inanimate, can yield the most profound wisdom.

every living thing on the planet lives according to these three things in perfect balance. every one of them except for us. we are poised to destroy everything just for the sake of ignorance and apathy. but if there is anything worth doing, any satisfaction to be had, it is in enlightening a civilization who lives in darkness, but not to blind them.
it's easy to be cynical. it's easy to give in to what is widely accepted. it's easy to go through the motions of every day without any new experiences or ideas. but the creative process is the essence of life itself, and as long as we happen to be living and conscious, it's in our best interest not to make a mockery of it.

Awesome post mate!

However its not my intension to make people feel better about their own death.. The fact is that every second that passes is one less they cant get back... Ever!.. All the money and gold EVER produced wont buy you a second...
Make the most of your now.. Do it with love.. Anything contrary will make the whole human race turn against you..
Unless thats your will, but i would rather a light appear in someones eyes than a spit out my mouth..

Be carefull

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
flagged! total genius!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Thank you for your insight Captain Obvious.

Second line...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
No ascension! No rapture! Hey! What's the big idea! Augh crap, doesn't it figure? In that case, I wish you all a quick, painless transition to what lies beyond.Because there is a beyond..I can feel it. Can't you?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dingleberrysalad

You write beautifully and your heart is on display for those that know, however you views wont feed anyone.. What use is that? What use are you?
We all die, and in that culture death would be the greatest constant reducing the community to those that perform...
Your spirituality better have some major magic then!

However death would still grip you. Slow it down is our best..

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
That is my prediction... It is 100% accurate with a zero percent chance of failure.. You will ALL die.. Every last one of you. Life is 100% fatal in all cases. There is no escape, it will find you wherever you hide and is faster than you can run.

The holocaust of humanity throughout time has claimed the lives of 150,000,000,000 humans to the presant so you cannot escape.

So instead of wasting your time on trivialities, paranoia, doomsday and the latest fad, cut that worthless crap and enjoy what little you have and spread it around.

Hi Yissachar1, if I would have read this thread before 21/5/07 when I was almost 61 years old, I would have replied that I fully agreed with your prediction here.
But now I do not.
And the reason for that is that I believe now that the real “person”, the real you and I is not just the physical body we are walking around with; our real “person” is our spirit within that body.
So I do now believe that after my physical body did come to its end and died, my real “person”, my spirit so to say, is on its way to a new journey.
Don’t ask me for any “hard” evidence for that, because I cannot provide that.
It is just what I do believe today.
The only thing that could be count for some evidence for the existing of a spirit are the stories of the near death experiences (NDEs) from so many people.

After all, what you do in life for love will echo in eternity, even when you dont..

I believe now that what I do in this life, will be decisive for the direction my new journey will take.

That is all I want to say about it.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube
I have decided that this prediction is not true..as i am not going to die...and you know waht...no one will even know if it is true or not because since i will not die and you all will die i will be the only one that truely knows.
As i approach the age 892 it is becoming clear that things are not as they seem...we don't all die..as many of us travel beyond speeds of light time slows down dramatically for us and we age a whole lot slower.
now for those of us who do live these long times it means nothing to us that the human race just dies and we keep on being able to control you all.
Isn't that a good thing to understand...it makes controlling the human race soooo easy....and make my wealth grow beyond compare...cause i just sit back a watch generation after generation passes on and we just pick up the pieces afterwards.
now is that the ultimate power...the power of immortality....God that would be soooo boring....It is kinda nice to know that at anytime this life we live can just be snuffed out...give us a reason for living...Does it not?.

You are an amazing person.. I would love to get to know you.. That is my choice.. Yet.to take time to get to know my human family would be considered a crime..
All I yearn for is to know you before I die. It breaks my heart that I wont because we die in a specific timeframe..
Yet i feel you are family??!!

All men and women..

We are all family.. When our uniqueness goes will you mourn us? Or celebrate our passing?
Either way you will die..

Your idealogical differences will destroy the few, but will follow you to eternity..

God requires nothing less that we should love one another..

That does not need any protection..... Ever!.. God does not need you to protect Him..

So carry on dying in vain.. Carry on dying holding back with your kids.. Carry on dying in comfort knowing humanity does not..

Be love

Or be nothing x
edit on 7-11-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
"Humans have the annoying tendency to keep stating the very, very obvious"-Douglas Adams
In dying you are released from your body, you have no physical feelings, emotions get dulled, but you can still feel basic emotions. You will find that you can travel anywhere and get there instantly, even to places you've never seen before.
Upside; You can see & hear everything,feel no pain/cold/hunger, travel the world in 10 seconds.
Downside; You have less emotions, no sense of time & you can't react with anything or anybody.
Trust me, thats the way it is..........

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by playswithmachines

Douglas Adams would know because he is dead and all that remains of him is a few books..

A very unique and funny person .

No escape..

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Those were good words there for there should be no hate in this life as we should all learn to love one another for whom we are and not what they present to us.
We are all human and we come from the seed and the egg that made us into this form of being...We are born of this earth and this Earth provides for our every need if we would take the time to appreciate it.
Wake up and smell the roses has no more truer meaning right now.
Stop looking for the things that may come in the future when it is up to the human race to make the future.
We have been given a set of guidelines only....but It seems we get led astray from these guidelines to fulfill some sort of silly need to have more than the next person.
I personally dont want anything else...i live...i breath i eat.....that is great....what is left but to love.
I love people....i love animals...i love the flowers and the trees....
I live this life to the fullest and i live it with very little....so if the prediction is that we all die...i think it is somewhat twisted as i think the prediction is more like we all live.
some of us may live for a brief moment in time and some of us may live what seem to be a long time....say 80-90yrs.
but in the scheme of things it is but a few momentary microseconds of breathing and eating,sustaining ourselves in this temple of flesh we call our physical beings.
the worth of living in this physical self is being able to possibly contiribute to the masses a feeling of purpose within society as a whole.
but to say we are all going to die....is not really the case in reality....i predict we are all going to LIVE....
I THINK THEREFORE I AM.
I also think that if we all actually realized what happens when we die....we just might all kill ourselves as we may find out life in Death is so much better than life in the living.
So it might just be better knowing how to live the here and now so we can make it just as good as our life in Death,
also if it is the case we all are going to die.....it is also the case we are all going to live is it not?.
edit on 053030p://f05Sunday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Not me.
I have everlasting life...
I may not always be wearing this suit...
but I will never die.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
That isn't entirely true.

2nd.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube
Those were good words there for there should be no hate in this life as we should all learn to love one another for whom we are and not what they present to us.
We are all human and we come from the seed and the egg that made us into this form of being...We are born of this earth and this Earth provides for our every need if we would take the time to appreciate it.
Wake up and smell the roses has no more truer meaning right now.
Stop looking for the things that may come in the future when it is up to the human race to make the future.
We have been given a set of guidelines only....but It seems we get led astray from these guidelines to fulfill some sort of silly need to have more than the next person.
I personally dont want anything else...i live...i breath i eat.....that is great....what is left but to love.
I love people....i love animals...i love the flowers and the trees....
I live this life to the fullest and i live it with very little....so if the prediction is that we all die...i think it is somewhat twisted as i think the prediction is more like we all live.
some of us may live for a brief moment in time and some of us may live what seem to be a long time....say 80-90yrs.
but in the scheme of things it is but a few momentary microseconds of breathing and eating,sustaining ourselves in this temple of flesh we call our physical beings.
the worth of living in this physical self is being able to possibly contiribute to the masses a feeling of purpose within society as a whole.
but to say we are all going to die....is not really the case in reality....i predict we are all going to LIVE....
I THINK THEREFORE I AM.
I also think that if we all actually realized what happens when we die....we just might all kill ourselves as we may find out life in Death is so much better than life in the living.
So it might just be better knowing how to live the here and now so we can make it just as good as our life in Death,
also if it is the case we all are going to die.....it is also the case we are all going to live is it not?.
edit on 053030p://f05Sunday by plube because: (no reason given)

Thank you for your uniqueness and beauty. I felt your love drip from every word, but sadly that will eventually be lost and forgotten .
Even a beautifull and amazing person like you will die..
There is nothing that anyone can do about that except be an example to your love.. That is a real treasure.. some people may invent the lightbulb, but to light a persons heart is real wealth.. God bless you..

I hope that God allows me to get to know you in eternity, because in the presant all we have is the chain of humanity, with each link dying in due time..

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by Yissachar1

Not me.
I have everlasting life...
I may not always be wearing this suit...
but I will never die.

Really?

Prove it..

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Oddly enough, I think I will wait until I can call this a hoax. Seriously, I've never believed that every single living thing is destined to the same fate. I can be called crazy by many, but there are some who say that JFK's driver was a murderous time-traveling reptillian. So. . .yeah.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by xiphias
That isn't entirely true.

2nd.

Is that from experience or wishfull thinking?

You will pay the piper... You do not, or does anyone else, have the currency to be exempt..

Prove me wrong...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

That is my prediction... It is 100% accurate with a zero percent chance of failure.. You will ALL die.. Every last one of you. Life is 100% fatal in all cases. There is no escape, it will find you wherever you hide and is faster than you can run.

The holocaust of humanity throughout time has claimed the lives of 150,000,000,000 humans to the presant so you cannot escape.

So instead of wasting your time on trivialities, paranoia, doomsday and the latest fad, cut that worthless crap and enjoy what little you have and spread it around. After all, what you do in life for love will echo in eternity, even when you dont..

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 11/7/2010 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

You are darned right - nobody gets outta here alive. We are dieing the moment we are born.

What counts - the only thing that counts - is how we love while we are here.

But we do come back, I believe. I met a lady almost a thousand years ago, I believe, and now I am living with and loving her this day. Maybe it's a karma thing; I don't know.

All I know is that the most important thing in this universe is those that you love and who love you.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
it's certainly good to see that people can have such conversations when the in the real world most intellectual thought and discussion is mostly stigmatized.
if my earlier post sounded somewhat critical, i didn't mean it that way. but given the nature of the whole subject it probably doesn't really matter.

so
some people have the predisposition to see death when others see life, but one does not exist without the other, if they even exist at all. everything is made out of paradoxes, and they might seem like an odd thing to think about, but it's the paradoxes that are completely normal. to have any kind of preconceived notion about any one thing is what will close your mind. to be able to adapt to any sort of change in the environment means to have a completely open mind. to be ready for the unexpected, obviously you cannot be prepared against any one thing.
what use am i? i'm not sure. but it doesn't matter that i see the effects i have, no matter how big or small, it beats keeping my thoughts to myself, that wouldn't do anything.
i guess the main point i'd like to make is, of course we all die, and we all live, but we can live in such a way that we can see that death is a gift and not merely our life being taken.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divine Strake
Oddly enough, I think I will wait until I can call this a hoax. Seriously, I've never believed that every single living thing is destined to the same fate. I can be called crazy by many, but there are some who say that JFK's driver was a murderous time-traveling reptillian. So. . .yeah.

Oddly I dont think so.. But it matters very little what I think.. Except that one day your life will be a whisper..

Cold but true..

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

So instead of wasting your time on trivialities, paranoia, doomsday and the latest fad, cut that worthless crap and enjoy what little you have and spread it around. After all, what you do in life for love will echo in eternity, even when you dont..

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 11/7/2010 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)
Would it be possible to get a date with this prediction.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join