It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Year Old Girl Gives Birth!! What is the World Coming to?!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
How old was the dude that got this girl pregnant?

Personally if that was my daughter id slap the shi* out of her and chop of the dude's productive organs but that's just me.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jexmo

Originally posted by purplemer
What is the use of looking on in disgust. How is that going to help. This is a new life we are talking about.
Life give unto life... and always will...
how quick to judge we are, how sure we are of what is wrong and right....

best wishes

kx

In your opinion it isn't wrong for a 10 year old girl to have sex and as a result a child in your opinion, is it right?

In my opinion 10 is too young to be having a child. I didnt really no wat sex was at that age.. but that chid is now having a baby. Who are you to judge that as wrong. That is biology. Nature. What would you do. Lock the child up? Abort the baby? Execute the farther? Are these things really going to help...?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkingSleipner

I understand that culture used to be different and 10 - 16 may have been a normal age to have children then but like you say time has changed and in todays society there is an age of consent and special education put in place to stop children making decisions they are way too young to understand. It is taught and is common knowledge that underage sex is bad. I realise kids are having sex at younger and younger ages but although years ago it was fine to have sex with children, its not now and these kids who have had this child should have been taught that.

Apparently the age for consent in some countries is as young as 13!! I find that wrong but I'm sure the people who live in that country see it as the norm.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I understand that culture used to be different and 10 - 16 may have been a normal age to have children then but like you say time has changed and in todays society there is an age of consent and special education put in place to stop children making decisions they are way too young to understand. It is taught and is common knowledge that underage sex is bad. I realise kids are having sex at younger and younger ages but although years ago it was fine to have sex with children, its not now and these kids who have had this child should have been taught that.

Apparently the age for consent in some countries is as young as 13!! I find that wrong but I'm sure the people who live in that country see it as the norm.

First its not "sex with" they are both children the paper is just not releasing the age of the other party. The whole assumption with the issue that it is "sex with" rather than "between" is one way to show the frame of mind of the viewer/reader of the issue. You're pre-programmed to think a certain way when you hear these stories and to react accordingly with disgust, regardless of the facts of the matter. Doing damage to an already sensitive issue.

Again the whole issue is "our culture v theirs" we see something as bad based on flawed religious, moral, societal or ethical opinions. This is emotionally based and illogical at best. The last time most religious views did anything beneficial, as a whole, for mankind was when they were started.

Most if not all current ethical, moral and societal norms flow from religious views held in the past incorporated into civil or social law.

Answer me this when was the last time you think religious opinions or views did any good? considering where most current social norms come from, and then reflect upon that answer knowing that fact. once doing so ask yourself why anyone else should be forced into such a narrow frame of "what is acceptable" based on a religion they never followed and never accepted to be part of.
edit on 3-11-2010 by LurkingSleipner because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

ya? how do you know the live in boyfriend was not 42?

you think an 11yo can rent an apt/flat?

why do you think they are hiding his age!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Did you even read the article or just wanted to write a sensationalist dramatic post to slander others?

Go back and read the source material please. Otherwise your not even discussing the topic just speculating on your own assumptions.

The father is also a youngster - though his age is being kept secret.

This previous poster is a perfect example of the programming of an individual to respond a certain way through emotions rather than logically and understand/accepting facts stated to them.

I know it may sound silly but it's the perfect analogy for society. If you look into the story behind star wars and Lucas' choice for Jedi being benevolent through logic and reason and Sith being malignant through anger and emotion. You can see the similarities, sociologically, in what we are programmed to act like. And why we should be more careful in letting emotions rule judgment apart from reason and logic. Because it leads to anger and hatred of others. And allows us to be controlled and used by others for their own ends.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

That is your opinion and that is fine, you are entitled to it, but offensive? I don't agree that a child of 10 that has hardly lived should be having children. I can't see why some people can't understand my shock at that reaction. It isn't ok. You have a positive way of looking at it, but lets be honest now, is a 10 year old girl who will want to play with her dolls going to be the best mum in the world? I think we can all agree not. The fact this girl has had a baby tells us of the upbringing she has already had. I know we shouldn't assume but it doesn't happen often so its obviously not normal.

Perhaps I am being a little judgmental but newspapers wouldn't print this story if it was normal. Should children be having sex at that age in your opinion, whether with another child or someone else?

I don't actually see what relevance religion has to the fact a little girl gave birth. I couldn't possibly answer your question because I have no interest in religion. Religion has not affected my views remotely. I don't believe in God.

Some of us think it is wrong for children to have sex, as I do. Some have a different opinion. We don't live in medievil times anymore. Children shouldn't be having children, in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LurkingSleipner
reply to post by fooks

Did you even read the article or just wanted to write a sensationalist dramatic post to slander others?

Go back and read the source material please. Otherwise your not even discussing the topic just speculating on your own assumptions.

The father is also a youngster - though his age is being kept secret.

This previous poster is a perfect example of the programming of an individual to respond a certain way through emotions rather than logically and understand/accepting facts stated to them.

I know it may sound silly but it's the perfect analogy for society. If you look into the story behind star wars and Lucas' choice for Jedi being benevolent through logic and reason and Sith being malignant through anger and emotion. You can see the similarities, sociologically, in what we are programmed to act like. And why we should be more careful in letting emotions rule judgment apart from reason and logic. Because it leads to anger and hatred of others. And allows us to be controlled and used by others for their own ends.

ya i read it, you are a youngster. how bout that?

you reff star wars? star friggin wars!!!??

nuff said. lol!! hey, i had first editions of the silver surfer! ya! i use to pay 7 cents for a superman comic book.

lol, star wars!! i'd give you a star if you weren't so pathetic.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

No I wouldn't do any of that and have not once suggested otherwise. I don't understand where all this is coming from. You have just answered the question I asked, the way I expected.

I didn't start this thread for people to question my morality, I simply started it because I feel sorry for the little girl who clearly didn't understand what she was getting herself in for. Her childhood won't be the same now and it will make her academic career more challenging. Maybe she wanted a baby, who knows but I feel sorry for her non the less and certainly don't want more 10 year old girls ruining their lives.

The reason I believe it is wrong is because there is absolutely no way in hell that little girl knew what she was getting herself in for and wasn't aware of the consequences and so shouldn't be having sex. If she doesn't understand the basics such as contraception and what could actually happen when she has sex then she shouldn't be doing it.

Don't even get me started on STD/STI's. I bet that was never taken into account by the naive little girl.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I don't actually see what relevance religion has to the fact a little girl gave birth. I couldn't possibly answer your question because I have no interest in religion. Religion has not affected my views remotely. I don't believe in God.

The fact you cant see the relevance after I explained it is more a reason why you can't answer my question than your unwillingness due to having no interest.
Maybe if you understood the question you could answer it but I will not give it on a silver platter for you.

If you want to answer it fine if not no loss to me just less enlightenment for you i guess. I'm not trying to be inflammatory to anyone or you specifically just offering you a little knowledge. If you don't want it it's your decision.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
everyone has a dog in this race, i have a daughter, lots of you have kids and try your best to protect them.

some of you have grandkids relatively young and some are from young parents.

others just have some moral opinion about this.

the article said it was her live-in boyfriend in romania who was also young but did not reveal how old.

she was 10! how does that happen?

good, let her ruin her life, send her money! ya? you all say it's ok, give a little.

help the 10 year old out, flat screen, dvd player. maybe pay her rent, coz her 11year old husband/boyfriend can't get that 40k a year job yet.

lol, this is the most interesting thread but i'm done.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

What? Im not going to argue with you about religion lol. Sorry I don't have the same beliefs and views as you, that is unfortunate. There is no need to be rude. I come on here for civil conversation not to get religion spat at me. I don't have an interest in religion and therefore I don't see any point in answering the question. Its not an unwillingness at all. It has no relevance to the thread I started.

There is many a thread on here where you can talk about the effect religion has had on the social community and peoples current moral standing, for me it has just caused war and given people a fake full sense of security about a blessed afterlife, therefore have no interest. It's not wrong that she had a child at 10 because of religion, she could barely have started puberty and obviously didn't understand the consequeces of what she was doing. That is wrong. Children shouldn't be having sex if they don't understand anything about it. That is just responsiblity.

You aren't going to get people onside by being rude or personal.

As you have asked certain people if they have read posts properly, have you? Im tired of repeating myself and explaining why I THINK, (personal opinion) it is wrong.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

you cannot be serious. Condonng a 10 year old having sex and a child? Wow, just wow.

Give her a chance to raise the child? She should be playing with Barbie dolls for christs sake, not raising a child. My daughter will soon be 8, and I cannot imagine this as remotely responsible parenting.

Shame on you

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

I have a ten year old daughter and she "hates" boys, as I did at that age, they had cooties after all. She is having an actual childhood here in America...there's plenty of time later for boys, sex and marriage, preferably after she graduates from college
. I agree, it is shocking, dismaying and sad to see a ten year old child have a baby. I'm grateful that I live in a country where children are allowed to be children.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
As a parent of 3....

I KNOW that just because my biological body can give birth to another being...that at the age of 10 I would not of been emotionally or mentally well off to be a prime parent.

We have enough children dealing with immature parents who are still in that stage of 'being' that act on impuses and desires.

How can a 10 old place proper morals and values into a child....when they themselves ARE A CHILD.

I have no problem judging this and criticizing this because I have to explain to my 12 year old daughter why I dont think its good for her to go out and have a baby right now. Even at the age of 12....she pulls out her old barbies now and then.

Im NOT saying this child will not grow up with a good foundation. BUT....people that are saying....'well the parents will help raise the baby of course'......YEAH...these are the SAME parents whose 10 year old ended up having SEX.

At least she can pass on her own toys to the baby.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I now believe ATS needs a 'minus a star' button.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

You have just explained in one post what I tried in many. The point about the 10 year olds parents is one i completely agree with. There is clearly absolutely no responsibility in that family for this to happen. A live in boyfriend at 10? That is pretty outrageous on its own, what sort of impression is the girl getting when her boyfriend is allowed to stay over aged 10!! I wasn't allowed to stay at my girlfriends house until she was 18!!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

You have just explained in one post what I tried in many. The point about the 10 year olds parents is one i completely agree with. There is clearly absolutely no responsibility in that family for this to happen. A live in boyfriend at 10? That is pretty outrageous on its own, what sort of impression is the girl getting when her boyfriend is allowed to stay over aged 10!! I wasn't allowed to stay at my girlfriends house until she was 18!!

I would guess that the ten year old won't be raising her baby. Does a ten year old live alone and support herself, pay bills, maintain a household, shop and cook? Does she have the ability on her own to nurse, feed, bathe safely, diaper, provide a safe environment for a newborn? Does she have the financial means to purchase all the necessary items to provide for a newborn? Does a ten year old have the emotional and cognitive skills to raise a baby? Common sense tells me no. Common sense tells me that ten year olds shouldn't be getting pregnant regardless that their bodies are able. Physical readiness does not equate to emotional readiness and yes, her parents failed her.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
10 year old kids can NOT raise kids because they themselves are STILL BEING RAISED
We are humans, not wild dogs. Reproduce responsibly.
If it becomes the norm that 10 year olds are reproducing with the current life expectancy being 75 years old, then we will soon have a HUGE population problem.
Lastly, 10 year olds should not be getting raped. It's not good for their mental/emotional/physical health.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

There is clearly absolutely no responsibility in that family for this to happen. A live in boyfriend at 10? That is pretty outrageous on its own, what sort of impression is the girl getting when her boyfriend is allowed to stay over aged 10!! I wasn't allowed to stay at my girlfriends house until she was 18!!

This family are Roma.. it is very differnt in the Roma culture.

With reference to the other poster who asked me where it said she was exploited and sold... perhaps this was a different type of Roma but all the ones I have ahd contact with when I worked with them DID 'sell' their girls... main priority for the parents was money not age... they wanted a RICH man to buy their daughters hand in marriage... the main priority for the husband to be was virginity and youth.

The article doesn't give much away but I would hazzard a guess this child was sold to a rich guy.. The weddings are amazing events... the girls are more often than not oblivious to what awaits them...

Some links for you

Here...

However, the real problems start after a Roma girl marries; with this act, she becomes the property of her husband and immediately moves to his house. Deprived of an education, many girls are unable to secure identification cards. They lose access to health care or social protection and become entirely dependent on their husbands. Subsequently, many child brides are exposed to sexual abuse and exploitation. Most Romani men abhor work and often resort to prostituting their wives for income. After having three or four children with their wives, Romani husbands often desert their families, leaving their wives to fend for themselves in poverty as they pursue younger women and re-marry yet again.

and HERE

Ana-Maria Cioaba, whose age has been reported as either 12 or 14, was reluctantly married on Saturday to a 15-year-old Roma bridegroom. Family members say she had been promised in marriage when she was aged just seven, for a price of 500 gold coins, and had no say in the wedding.

As for me having the rights to say who should or shouldn't behave in certain ways... I do not have any rights apart from my human ones... and my right to stand up for feloow humans.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join