It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi is goneeee!!!!!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

Go right ahead. Tell us how the Right would "protect" the constitution.

I am sure I understand that the Right likes the 2nd Amendment, and the 10th Amendment because you know, guns and states rights and all, but far as I can see, the Right, hates individual constitutionally protected Rights.

I mean hell, the Arizona law is completely against the 4th Amendment, and the Right loved it. Forcing people to keep their IDs on them at all times.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
First a Bush, then a Dick and now a Boner for the GOP. Must be a joke in there somewhere.

Carter (oh gee, billy beer and peanuts and setting the US up for the Iran/Contra affair), Ron, Bush, Slick Willy (enough said), Bush, Barrack.

Snipe hunting much?

edit on 11/3/2010 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno...

I mean hell, the Arizona law is completely against the 4th Amendment, and the Right loved it. Forcing people to keep their IDs on them at all times.

Which Arizona law?
And why are you against being able to prove who you are if the law comes knocking?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
People are certainly entitled to their opinions, but to pretend that either party has had the best interests of the average American at heart, is to ignore the last half century of American politics.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Go right ahead. Tell us how the Right would "protect" the constitution.

I am sure I understand that the Right likes the 2nd Amendment, and the 10th Amendment because you know, guns and states rights and all, but far as I can see, the Right, hates individual constitutionally protected Rights.

It was the right that implemented Free Speech Zones.

Whatukno is correct.

Remember "Free Speech Zones" under Bush?

Pretty hard to argue that they were protecting our civil liberties, lol.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MGriff
reply to post by paearmor

The House has the power to create a budget. While it doesn't really matter, the Senate may be the upper house, it is no more important than the House. Either way, I think it's nice that many people got passionate and involved, but neither party is the friend of the people. The illusion of choice has kept this country in check for a long time, as well as the coverage of hot button issues by the mass media, allowing for an inflammation of the left/right paradigm. Our two party system has been bought and paid for by MNCs. The class gap is widening and wealth is being consolidated at the top. There is too much going on for the average American to understand in their limited attention span during the election season. The only way this country is going to change is through education and activism. People need to take a vested interest in their government, since we inherited it from those who came before us, and it is our responsibility to pass it on in the same pristine condition. Sadly, we are failing in that charge.

I'll give you that.

And I'll postulate that it's the Democrats betting on the lower end of the education spectrum.....

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Edit to add

And why are you against being able to prove who you are if the law comes knocking?

If the law doesn't have a warrant, it's not my freaking problem. They can go to hell for all I am concerned. That's the power of the 4th Amendment. But the Right HATES the 4th Amendment because it also protects LEGAL (not a typo) LEGAL immigrants from illegal searches and seizures and to be secure in their personal papers and effects.
edit on 11/3/2010 by whatukno because: Because some people need it to be spelled out for them constantly.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I always laugh when people think things like this is gonna make a difference.
You'll just get some other ass screwing things up for you.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

If the law doesn't have a warrant, it's not my freaking problem. They can go to hell for all I am concerned. That's the power of the 4th Amendment. But the Right HATES the 4th Amendment because it also protects LEGAL (not a typo) LEGAL immigrants from illegal searches and seizures and to be secure in their personal papers and effects.

Which part of my post are you replying to?

This is the post you're replying to, correct?

Originally posted by abecedarian

Which Arizona law?

edit on 11/3/2010 by abecedarian because: ferretting out the ignorance.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Yeah the Gambinos are out and the Genevases are in! Boy I can't wait for two more years so we can all play "Pick Your Crime Family" again...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDebunkMachine

We won't have to wait a year for that.

Let the Boner jokes commence!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by TheDebunkMachine

We won't have to wait a year for that.

Let the Boner jokes commence!

That's funny... coming from a Sword.

Don't cross streams....

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I'm also sure the poster in question would not object if the gestapo showed up at his/her door, demanding to see their ID without any just cause for doing so.

If they would object, then why support warrant-less invasions of privacy?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Aww, did I hurt your feelings?

After the way people rip into Pelosi on here, I'm entitled to rip into Boehner.

Get used to it.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

I like how you think.

I'd like to hire you for my cabinet.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

John, john ינתן....

some would throw me in with this so-called, "right" sometimes. Some the "left" other times. From my old days driving the Lt around, I have learned something I want to share with you- don't get stuck in the ruts.

You can use the blanket statements, "right" and "left" but you're being scammed bro. 1. I love the 1st Amendment- for every bible thumping maniac, every limp wristed ashkenasi jew, the tribal africans, the neo-nazi brain-dead, and even the soft-skinned pagan dope-smoker. All of 'em.

3. I was a soldier for the international criminal syndicate, and served in combat operations in Iraq. I am ashamed of my performance for them under the cloak of "supporting and defending the Constitution of the US of A." Terrible shame, and shame each and every pompus veteran who struts their experience in pride and sacrifice. They should be humble and meek to seek our forgiveness for their bastardization of the Constitution, their cowardice following unlawful orders, etc.

4. Arizona law- damned right. One of the sovereign #ing states in the union, and the citizenry there should be able to enjoy their laws as they see fit. It's their goddamned country, and I'm excited to see them reach down and grab their testes to shore up their border (particularly when the union doesn't/can't- despite a well articulated and simple DUTY to do so within the Constitution).

5. You're confusing criminal law with pre-requisites to even qualify as a servant. 2 entirely separate things. I'm no fan of Barry, and don't believe him to be a "natural born citizen" but in truth... that's only a small example of greater problems and really- who cares if he isn't following the Constitution: no one else is!

6. I don't want to lock anyone up in Gitmo... Hell, even Barry Soeterro does (does that make him "right"?) You're blanketing "right" with all sorts of ppl with vary narrow views. I would identify myself as "right leaning" but I see that more as lazai faire than anything else. Certainly no "Gitmo" bs... as I (like many others) would quote, "all men are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights"... and I see that including the blacks, the jews, the arabs, the latinos, the kenyans, the indonisians, the immigrants (legal or otherwise)... (btw, you totally neglect under the 7th the idea of Common Law ;-)

Now, I am totally engored in the lust of Pelosi's extrication. Love it! I loath the duty she has done to the ppl of Kalifornia (but I'm not one of them things!). Also, I'm not looking forward to getting the Boner either. Some MIC lap-dog... nor would I call him a Boner that bends to the Right.

I would hope to discourage you from getting stuck in the ruts of "right" and "left" when the world really is 3 dimensional with ups, downs, ins and outs (besides just the left/right option). You're a complex and intricate person that should not (imho) be marginalized into either a L/R A/B 1/2. I do suspect you're still a little youthful, and don't fault you that (I was the same way too).... but the situation is just as complex as you are, for there is a multitude of us complex creatures who may or may not be celebrating the fall of grace of Nancy. For me, spare me the "right" label, and allow me to light fires, raise glasses and cheer her downfall. Please.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Aww, did I hurt your feelings?

Actually, no. I like comedy.

After the way people rip into Pelosi on here, I'm entitled to rip into Boehner.

Get used to it.

I'm already used to it.
And thanks for being concerned.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian

4th amendment? The one that says:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized

You want public assistance, nothing unreasonable in asking you to prove you are a legal citizen.
You want the right to vote, nothing unreasonable in asking you to prove you are a legal citizen.
You want the right to protection under local laws, nothing unreasonable in asking you to prove you are a legal citizen.
You want to vote Democrat, no need to ask your legal status.

No. It wasn't the "RIGHT" that loved it... it was the people of Arizona, the legal residents, the law obiding CITIZENS that loved it. That many of them affiliated as Republican is of little value outside of the Democrat educational system.

Here you go:

Self

Get over it.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Was it really necessary to make that dig at Democrats?

Geez. I've just about had it with this place. It's REDSTATE!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Was it really necessary to make that dig at Democrats?

Geez. I've just about had it with this place. It's REDSTATE!

Proof and opinions bothering you? I'm sure if you look around the site you'll find plenty of nooks to cater to you.
(Plenty of liberal minded, end-of-the-world, doom/gloom, global warming scare threads.)

For what it's worth, not that it matters much to anyone, I'm not a Republican.
I'm just a very independent minded, focused, tree hugging agnostic theist with pagan tendencies.

Yes, I am everything you hate, and everything you love.

Democrats never do what they say unless you fall in line with their union cronies.
Republicans likewise never do what they say, but at least you get a kick-back on your taxes.

/me = fence|on

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join