It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi is goneeee!!!!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
There are a lot of Democrat Congressmen out there doing a face palm tonight. "Why did I listen to Pelosi and vote for the government takeover of healthcare?"

Great day for American now that Pelosi is no longer 3rd in line for the Presidency.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Sorry I misunderstood. Carry on

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I will certainly raise a creamy pint to celebrate the end of the Pelosi era. However, now that she is gone, we must stay the course and avoid the bloated celebrations that actually paved way for Pelosi's demise.

Meanwhile, I will however take satisfaction in watching her actually shrivel up like a leech without blood or a slug doused with salt. This should be fun and may actually cause her to snap mentally.

Bye Nancy. Wonder if she'll trash her office before she leaves?

I think Reid's future will end up being settled in court.

link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
How about now some actual negotiating must be done
To get legislation to pass now some actual cross party compromising must be done. Are you so sure that one party holding a all around majority

Republicans and Democrats negotiating?

Let me tell you something hangeman. After 2009 I learned something... for the first time I witnessed the cooperative workings of the Democrats and the Republicans. I saw the many Democrats vote and act exactly like Republicans. I looked back to 2001, 2003 and even as far back as the 80's and despite the little show the Democrats put on, many of them vote cooperative with the Republicans. There was never need for negotiation as the parties are essentially working in the interests of one another. They always have been. I assumed a filibuster proof majority would give the Democrats a chance to market themselves as different, but they proved themselves to be within the same agenda as the Republicans.

Neither one of them need to negotiate. They are already working with one another behind closed doors behind the backs of their voters. I have not doubt there are some pure Democrats and Republicans, but the bulk of the parties are cooperatively working with one another day in and day out. They need not negotiate.

Look at this as a check on the BS the Dems have done.

Ah yes, because the BS from the Republicans in the previous administration smells just that better.
edit on 2-11-2010 by Southern Guardian because: fixed

link   
Pelosi was an embarassment to the country. Pelosi>> "We have to pass the bill to see whats in it".

Now the investigations start and all the cover that the Dems were giving Obama is over.

Impeach Obama and Biden and the new Speaker becomes President!

That would probably cause a civil war, or at least rioting by the lost left.

Obama chose a good time to get out of the country. He's probably crying about now!

Actual Obama Voter>>> "Obama is going to pay my mortgage, car note, and grocery bill".
And I don't have the video, but it was on TV. Maybe someone else has it handy.

One down, many to go!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Ah yes, and yet it is a great day for American that the Republicans win the majority right? So long as the Democrats lose, it's a great day for America. To me you seem to be ignoring the fact of the matter here.

so let me ask were you happy with the continuation of massive spending that noone was stopping? were you happy with the healthcare that you already had but the federal government just saw fit to add 30 million people to buy insurance with a gun pointed to their head and wallets? did you not have any problems with that whatsoever?

and for the past 2 years the republicans were actually acting like republicans for the first time in 10 years, so i know they have it in them that goes beyond the self important bs of this entire country,..

Nope, I still see many of the same Bush politicians around, with the addition of newer "small government" conservatives who don't appear to me to be much of a difference bunch.

did you vote for those republicans? probably not and as a resident of my state responsible for voting for my state representatives i did the only thing i could do i voted them out and it is not my responsiblity for someone other idiotic states representatives.

What fight are you referring to might I ask?

i am fighting for the limitation of the federal government as it clearly states in the us constitution. to keep power checked and limited and to restrain its interference into my own life.

and if you have a problem with that don't really care your free to do whatever you wish.

but just to sit back and blame and rant and complain about this that and the other and not even try to even change anything but to denigrate everyone elses ideals but your own isn't helping the situation at all.
edit on 2-11-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I'll feel better when its official; but in the mean time yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss!

The bamster better watch his a@#; 'hell hath no fury .........."

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

Pelosi just wanted to have health care for all. That is so evil.

The lady isn’t perfect but the mentality here that hates her and doesn’t no why is pretty primitive.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Amen, brother. Southpark did a great episode once making fun of modern politics, where PETA kept protesting the school's mascot, so they ended up holding an election for a new one and the choice was between a d-bag and an *expletive* samwich. There will be no change, there will just be partisan bickering while nothing gets done but the greasing of palms while the country sinks further and further into war and debt.

I, for one, am looking forward to seeing the Tea Party rise to power, sell out, and get thrown out for the next big thing.
edit on 2-11-2010 by mal1500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
My grandfather said it correctly this evening in light of the news that it looks like the GOP has taken the House:

"The drivers have changed....again....but it doesn't negate the fact that we're still on the same bullet train heading for the same hot place we've been heading for a decade."

Good, Pelosi down. That's one. There's still about 600 to go if you include the Congress, Supreme Court, the POTUS and Vice POTUS, etc.

I for one am glad that this political crap is just about over. It's the same old song and dance every four years, yet nothing seems to get done. Show's over people...get back to watching Snooki being an idiot.*

*DISCLAIMER

The views expressed by truthseeker1984 are in no way implying that anybody on ATS is stupid enough to watch that bimbo be stupid, but if you are, may whatever deity you worship have mercy on your soul.

In all seriousness, I could care less who is in control of the House, Senate, et al. They're all crooked bast*rds.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Good point on their mutual interests, but the ram rod approach that was taken helped no one. The priorities were agendas not the public well being. Health care reform required lots of sacrificial lambs as this mid term is showing. Politics as a career caused this mess. Now we have to negotiate a mind field of self-serving "public servants"

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

This is the illusion of change we have a new speaker,but in the end it won't matter more smoke and mirrors to distract the people.The left/right game continues...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
One thing for sure, future elections are going to be dirty dirty dirty since that SCOTUS ruling on corporate free speech. Well. Dirtier than they have been already..

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
What we don’t understand is that people usually get the leaders they deserve

When we uplift our mentality, our wisdom, our intelligence, and shun ignorance, prejudice, and selfishness, I think we may get better politicians

They are from us . . . remember that they are not from another planet .. .at least I dont think they are

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

ERR what part of she is EVIL INCARNATE do you not get? ... And as far as things go YES ANYONE but her is a GOOD THING

even when picking between the lesser of two evils its always best to pick THE LESSER which is anyone but HER!!

It's pretty simple really, she has zero respect for our rights has been a MAJOR offender in giving big business more and better ways to screw us.

On top of that she's insufferable snide and obviously has the Nanny State self righteous attitude of most so called PROGRESSIVES who want to make YOUR decisions for you.

Now as I am an AMERICAN CITIZEN I have a PROBLEM with that as YOU SHOULD TOO.

If you don;t like that we;re celebrating the downfall of one of the BANNER CARRIERS for the nanny statist CONTROL FREAKS move to the UK where that Nanny crap is accepted.

I for one am sick and tired of apologists for this administration. Yes the Republicans SUCK but the democrats thus far have been worse by far...

Example: Bush did that amazing scene with the GIant MISSION ACCOMPLISHED Banner on the aircraft Carrier in 2004... THEN Obama BLOWS HIM OUT OF THE WATER and declares COMBAT OPERATIONS OVER AND OUR TROOPS OUT OF IRAQ... well except those 5 COMBAT BRIGADES of "transition personnel" with two more brigades slated to deploy in the next 6 months alone...

Yes the whole system is crap but some groups are worse than others and the republicans at least have to hide the anti freedom stuff better and move more slowly because of the ideology they claim to espouse

This is in direct comparison to the democratic mainstream which in recent years has put forth the assertion that the 2nd amendment and the constitution in general is OUTDATED and even if it does apply at all to YOU AND I
then do I even have to get into the most recent supreme court justice?

So if you have a problem with us celebrating the SLOWING of the slide into TOTALITARIANISM I'm sorry but honestly No I'm not it's pretty obvious what's going on these days people that don't see it really quite frankly blow my mind.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Congrats America!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
reply to post by Dance4Life

Pelosi just wanted to have health care for all. That is so evil.

The lady isn’t perfect but the mentality here that hates her and doesn’t no why is pretty primitive.

Nothing in the Constitution authorizes public funding of healthcare. The creature Pelosi was incredulous when asked about it and avoided answering the question.

Why do you think that is?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

I don't think you get it.

They are both wrong. Equally wrong, 100% wrong, both the same person. Mirror images.

OK, I ran out of analogies.

No offense.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Um US Airforce...cancel those "bling" G650s orders...terrorist speaker is DOA.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The good news...

It all fails..every bit of it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join