It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famed NASA Astronaut almost, kind of, (not really) says Extraterrestrials are here!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by old_god
Firstly: In all the interviews of the astronauts and this particular thread, everyone is making the assumption that because they saw a UFO it must automatically mean an E.T Alien.

No, back up a few more steps. Some people -- the ones who did original research -- don't even think your 'because' claim is proven.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux
Just to add my 2 cents. The Astronauts told stories about bridges on the moon.

Citation, beyond your confident dreaming and some UFO blogger's ravings?

I put it to you that this statement is preposterous and you have no evidence to back it up.

Oh, the cruelty of reality!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I guess no one has an answer for the footage i posted

edit on 29-10-2010 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I don't know what do you wanna say. I just posted two pictures of natural bridges.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

This is a thread from 2009 about the STS 114 footage, perhaps you will find some answers there.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Jay, the game seems to be "But-what-about-THIS-one?", which when you think twice about it, is a dodge to avoid a serious discussion of ANY particular case where an investigation has developed a potential prosaic explanation. If you don't want to confront inconvenient evidence for one case -- like the one at the top of this thread -- you merely run away and find another case. And another. And another.

You may not even realize you're playing this game. But it is a very effective reality-avoidance mechanism, conscious or not.

The reason it's unfair is that it actually takes some significant effort to find the context and technical parameters of a video and see what the illumination conditions and spacecraft activities were at the time. Since youtube provides a plethora of 'NASA UFO videos', usually without even basic info such as date/time, the amount of research work demanded is staggering.

And here's why i think it's a cheat: the end result at best would be a description of a prosaic cause, that can be as easily flipped off or run away from, as the last one was... or in this case, the STS-80 report (including testimony from two of the astronauts). If you can just ignore that research, it's clear to me you'll ignore any similar research on any future 'challenge' you come up with.

Can we stay on theme in this thread?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I find it very facinianting that over time, more and more former Astronauts are jumping onborad with acknowledging the fact that we are not alone here on this Earth. I wonder just how much more would it take for the rest of the Astronaut community, especially those with previous flight history, to come clean. I know that there are many things one must think of before "coming out" and making the statement in the affirmitive. Does anyone out here think that the powers to be must have something on the Astronauts to keep them from coming forward? These Astronauts are picked from the very best of the best and I find them to be a credible source from past comments. Why would they sate something that were not true? Anyone care to comment?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Read what i wrote. I have said that all the nasa footage i have seen has been explained. I don't "run away" from any case, and never have. In fact, not too long ago i thought alot of the nasa footage was unexplained. How did i come to the conclusion that i was wrong? thats right, it was through skeptics. I have been given a link, so i will read the thread regarding the footage i posted on this one. Don't put everyone into a boat jim

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by UFO Partisan

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
As I mentioned in an earlier post, this is an appeal-to-authority. He saw a UFO, certainly, and who knows what he saw, and he did believe the government covers-up knowledge of extraterrestrials, but this is based on his opinion not any knowledge gleaned while an astronaut.

What of it? UFOs are an aerial phenomenon. A sighting by an experienced aviator, especially one who goes on to become an astronaut, is worthy of a closer look. ....

And on what basis do you conclude that nobody else has ever taken a closer look at these claims and published the results? Did you make any internet search? Try it!!

That's a great line, but it doesn't respond to what I wrote. If it's new to you, it's new. People are finding out things that are new to them about events that happened days ago, or years ago or centuries ago every day. If you don't think the same messiness, spin and tall tale telling that happens in the UFO field doesn't happen throughout every field in history you ought to do a few internet searches yourself.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
what i really don't understand on this thread and many similar ones is that people will quite easily take some random nobody's word that these claims are true or that a misquoted, misrepresented out of context astronauts statement is true proof of alien/ufo's yet wont listen to mr oberg who is probably one of the most qualified people on this planet to research these cases and give us the truth!!!.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by inven104u2

When they come forward with this information I'm sure they realize as you and me must imagine that they will be frowned upon by many,called a nut case,I'm sure the also realize many won't believe their wild story,but I think maybe they hope in their hearts that there are a handful of us out there that will believe and support them,and then the next guy builds his or her courage and says ok I'm not alone,I'm not crazy,I want to share my story because people deserve the truth.So I guess its a snowball effect.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by spookfish
I can't view all the vids or Jims work at the moment but that's a pretty spectacular circular formation. Hard but not impossible to explain away. My first thought was, a gathering of space telescopes to massively enlarge their effective and collective size.

Originally posted by FireMoon
Sorry to pull rank on the thread...

That's alright, no need to apologise, you don't have the ability to 'pull rank' on a thread. Last time I checked, ATS doesn't operate a caste system. We're all members here. We do on the other hand have problems with egos.

Errrr pull rank as in..... Lord Hill Norton slightly outranks a NASA grease monkey and an Astronaut ... just wanted to clear that up...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

...And lots of threads on the STS-80 footage as well.
Enjoy the read.

edit on 29/10/10 by Movhisattva because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I find these films fascinating, however since I am not a scientist in any way shape or form, I have no idea what I'm looking at, lol.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
One of the reasons that it's clear to me UFO's are real, is the fact these flying object were seen troughout our history:

lithiumdreamer.tripod.com...

www.alien-ufo-pictures.com...

There will always be people whom are not open to reality. May time change their views.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The great thing about already being a certified believer in extraterrestrial life, is that instead of using my time to demand more proof and to debunk everything I see, I can instead be in awe of the proof that already exists and the implications of alien existence.

The videos on Page One of the lights moving into a circular formation on the planet are mind blowing.

Stars and Flags for this, OP.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Its really weird you ask NASA if ETs exist in our airspace or mars and they say no. You ask there ageing astronauts and they tell you fantastic storys. Who to belive in?

Not NASA. But still you also can't belive there storys without imperical evidence which there is none or locked up in a huge warehouse along with the Arc of the Covenant.

Its really fun days for UFOlogy. This of course is the tip of the Nuremberg.
edit on 29-10-2010 by DomCheetham because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beast Of Gevaudan
reply to post by Arken

If this really was "a very strange event occurred that even had crewman Dr. Story Musgrave unable to explain what he observed from the shuttle windows" then why are we getting a title that states "Famed NASA Astronaut confirms Extraterrestrials are here!"?
How can you confirm the existence of something when you have no explanation for what you've observed?

I see nothing but jumping to conclusions here.

edit on 29-10-2010 by Beast Of Gevaudan because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2010 by Beast Of Gevaudan because: (no reason given)

Well ya maybe... You really don't have to know what something is to know that humans didn't make it. It kind of narrows it down when you get up into outer space (Or even the upper upper atmosphere). Not really many people up there.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jocko Flocko
That does not mean these men haven't seen something unknown during spaceflight. I fully believe these astronauts saw something during their missions, what those objects are is not known and is anyone's guess.

I'd be very surprised if astronauts did not see something they could not explain or otherwise unknown phenomenon out in space. We are children leaving their nursery and stepping out into the yard for the first time. We know so little...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I just wanna make sure I have this straight:

If an astronaught says "No there are no aliens" you all point your finger at him and accuse him to be part of the cover up.

But, if another astronaught says that there IS a coverup, you all call him famed and take him at his word with zero proof what so ever?

Just wanna make sure I understand your reasoning.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join