It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where In The World Is ATS???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

In the ats world we would be neighbors

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by theviking727

Then you must either be a traveling salesman or a Petroleum Landman like me

I've stayed in more seedy motels than I care to recount.

I was always the only girl, working with a crew of anywhere from 5 - 10, age forty to sixty-year-old dudes.

Then it was time to get married & have some kids.
They even kept me on the road throughout my entire first pregnancy--Camden, AR.
Try lugging a 30 lb suitcase in & out of your trunk, twice every Monday and Friday, for 9 months when you're getting fat as a hog because all there is to do after work is eat and watch King of the Hill re-runs in your motel room.

And although I don't miss staying in motels for weeks at a time and eating supper alone most nights during the week, I do miss all the great people I worked with & some of the cool places our job took us.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

actually it was fire protection systems. I am a heavy equipment operator and haul my equipment also.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Hi stupid girl (is it just me or that just sound mean?
), gotta give this thread a bump because it's interesting.

Originally posted by stupid girl
Whether it is your country, your state, your county/parish or city, your continent or, for the ultra-paranoid, your hemisphere, post it on this thread.

Well...okay. USA, PA, Pike/none/Hawley, North America, northerm hemisphere. Do I get a prize for being ultra-non-paranoid and including all of them?
I celebrated my 23rd birthday for the 15th time earlier this year and will be 40 in 2013, assuming the world doesn't end in twenty twelve.
On forms that require me to choose a sex I check or click the "M" box.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by theviking727

I need to study my Indiana map - nice to meet you neighbor!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Male
Southern California

No...I do not surf though I grew up a mile or two from the beach.

No...I am not a struggling actor.

No...I do not care about Hollywood (save for a couple of really good restaurants).

Yes...I would love to move to a different location of the globe after being here most of my life...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Three_moons

Hi stupid girl (is it just me or that just sound mean?
), gotta give this thread a bump because it's interesting.

lol....of course not, I'm the one who picked out the name, remember?
*sigh* I wish we could get more "bumps" or "pokes" or "taps" or whatever, so we could get more people to participate in the thread. I have no doubt that the replies would be surprisingly overwhelming if the ATS community was given the opportunity to bring this thread to their attention. One of the beauties of this thread is that each person only needs to make one post.
One of the other beauties, which was the bulk of the whole point of the thread to begin with, is that this also gives ATS members an opportunity to make some type of connection to the avatars, which IMO woud be a direct, positive affect on the recent lack of tact and civility that was recently addressed.
Any shred of association, no matter how small, will consiously or subconciously affect most people's haste in posting A-hole comments toward someone else. Most, but not all.
Look at the people who have already realized they have something in common with someone that they weren't even aware of before they posted on here. Now, subsequentlly, should they ever find themselves debating in a thread they will be much more inclined to civil debate. (not that I'm assuming that they wouldn 't be civil in the first place, but you get the point)
edit on 3-11-2010 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
North Atlanta, female...that's all your getting from me

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Male: John Ellison; Jewish. I'm from Sacramento California. If anyone wants to party then I'm all for it. Life is amazing.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
The site itself could do this if they wanted. There are a number of widgits you can install that show where your visitors are from and display that data on a worldwide map. It would be a lot easier and more accurate for ATS to do this.

Yes, but the point of this thread is not accuracy, per se, and all posted information is voluntary, as little or as much info as you'd like.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
born in Beaumont, Texas
raised in Houston, Texas
current city East Bernard, Texas
female

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Female

60..which is the new 40, so I'm told.

Top of the North Georgia Mountains...1/8th mile from Appalachian Trail.

Not born here, but a really good place if TSHTF.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join