It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where In The World Is ATS???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Since I started reading ATS in the summer of 2005, one of the things I'm most curious about has always been ATS statistics.
For starters, I always wondered what the chick-to-dude ratio was on here. Granted, , there are more dudes than chicks. Period.
Feminists-- get over it.
Meat-heads-- deal with it.
Although ATS is true to many "stereotypical" user statistics, over the last 5 years I have found it to be simultaneously & surprisingly diverse.
Even the site owners don't get much discernable info when folks sign up to become members of ATS, however if you visit ATS long enough and read enough, you are able to read between the lines, so to speak, and glean information as to the personalities and characteristics of each individual.
The simple fact is, this site is endowed with a name that oozes secrecy and anonymity as far as most are concerned. For every member, there are probably at least 3 or 4 lurkers---minimum. (I was a petroleum major, not a statistics major, so give me some room for error here)
Even though most are reluctant to divulge any information that may single them out, I would like to propose an ATS mini-GPS project, of sorts.
Whether it is your country, your state, your county/parish or city, your continent or, for the ultra-paranoid, your hemisphere, post it on this thread. ATS already has your IP address, so they have an idea where you are even if you don't have it posted on your mini-profile, so it's not like you'll be divulging something they don't already know.
And if it makes you feel any better, if the FBI or CIA, or KGB, or CDC, or PTA, or 4-H, or whoever, decided to cause anarchy and take over the site, not only would they have everything you've ever posted, but they'd also have your email and IP address too. See? We are ALL traceable (insert maniacal toothy grin here...)

So, cast off a portion of your paranoia, make a step towards the boundary line of your comfort zone, and let us know where in the world you are.
If enough people reply, maybe a computer braniac can make some sort of 3D spinning earth-representative globe with little red dots on it that can be added to the home page of ATS to remind members and visitors alike, the world-wide, international and culturally diverse reach ATS has, which brings us all together.

Give as much or as little info as you've got the nerve-- sex, year born & location. We'll start with me:
Female
East of Houston, TX

Now, like we say where I'm originally from, "Where y'at?"

edit to add: mods may want to move this thread to a more appropriate forum, as this one was the only option available that even remotely seemed to apply
edit on 27-10-2010 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
lol I wish you a lot of luck with this one! A site full of conspiracy and secrets and you want the fundamentals! Kind of ironic to me. I will say the sex ie., male or female part though is sometimes fun to try and figure out. I know I myself am mistaken about 95% of the time. Not that it matters to me but I do find it interesting. The globe would be kind of cool too but I think it would be overwhelmed we have so many members.

I bet if you do get it answers to this it will most likely be from the women!
edit on 27-10-2010 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The site itself could do this if they wanted. There are a number of widgits you can install that show where your visitors are from and display that data on a worldwide map. It would be a lot easier and more accurate for ATS to do this.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
interesting....

me:
male
Wellington New Zealand (with the Hobbits)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I like this idea. I actually started to keep track of where people said they were from just so I would know who to believe when someone claimed "I live right near there!" or " I can see it right now!"
As for me I'm a dude 31 years old east of Philly, South of NYC, so that means NJ!
Please no Sopranos or Jersey Shore questions...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
they have everything you've ever posted, but they'd also have your email and IP address too. See? We are ALL traceable

This is comforting to know. I know there is alien interception also, and you forgot to mention that. I feel much better being reassured now that they will know where to find me. And since they will also have a record of all I have posted, I would like to take this opportunity to say "I am ready to go anytime now."

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I am just imagining all the conspiracy theorists viewing this page as if it was a live scorpion... if you find people picking through your garbage, it is probably not the government, but more likely an earnest ATS member trying to get "proof dammit" that you are an agent.

Anyway, I'll play ... I live in the Western suburbs of Johannesburg, South Africa. Age 39. I love meat. Especially biltong. McDonalds sucks...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

You're pretty-well spot on all around.

For every agenda or bias claim made there exists an equally-opposite amount of assertions and aspersions at the same time.

ATS consists of as Diverse a populace as you'd find in near Any metropolitan area on the face of the planet ... magnified Globally.

It's no wonder there are differing opinions, considerations and/or concerns ... throughout the boards.

As long as Civility, Decorum and appreciated proper Netiquette prevail ... EVERYONE can have their say in things.

male
Pa/USA

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I am near Uranus.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
If you look at the stats page in conjunction with some info available at Quantcast you can get a pretty accurate picture. I linked to the US States info, but as you can see, you can also pull by other criteria - countries, cities, etc.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
dude
Philly PA

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Male
British
Old enough to remember Tony Hancock, "the lad himself".
Giving away nothing that readers of my posts could not have discovered for themselves..

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I'll play!

John
Male
Atlanta, Ga.

And I've got ZERO fear that evil alphabet agencies are going to use this against me. Probably why I've had a pic of myself on my profile forever anyway and links to social networking stuff.

Even my username is literally made from my actual last name.

For all the grief that privacy advocated give me for being so open, I say to them, often, that I refuse to live in a world where I have to literally fear my own identity. I have enough privacy in my world. I ensure that I keep that privacy by being informed, active, and armed!

That is also why I confidently state on ATS that I post here exactly as I would if I were speaking to somebody face to face. In my world I don't buy into the anonymous thing anyway. I consider everyone here a person and treat them accordingly even if they choose to hide everything about themselves.

Respect should never be conditional upon familiarity. Respect should be automatic!

~Heff

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Cool,

I am [redacted].

From [redacted].

I was born in [redacted].

I work for [redacted] on [redacted] and [redacted], which is quite interesting.

Hope that helps.

Cosmic...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Female
Originally from Kentucky, other states I've lived in - Calif., Florida, New Mexico, Oregon, Wash State, Georgia, Minnesota, Texas
Presently living in Ft. Wayne, Indiana

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
lol, well it ain't like TPTB don't know who I am already
so I'm not trying to hide but just stay inconspicuous

I already state my location under my avatar but if it
serves a better purpose then:

Male
disabled (65%)
Ft. Bragg, NC
eyesight is bad at 20/100 (which is why I post in small prose, so I can read and post easier)
and I am no threat to anyone due to bad health and medical conditions so I find it
most amusing when I see my username come up in reports or threads alleging me to be
a terrorists threat
I am about as much threat as your pet house cat and have
been known to poop on the carpet occasionally, lmao.

I do NOT live on base, actually it is a
very rural small town which I would
be getting u2u's all the time asking
where the heck that is so I just round
it off to the closest military installation
cuz it's well known world wide.
Bragg is close enough geographically.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Male
Merseyside, UK

I enjoy long walks in the park, collecting navel fluff and listening to my all time favourite singer; Cliff Richard. I am seeking a loving female life partner whom I can share my life with. Must be competent at cleaning,ironing and cooking.
edit on 27/10/2010 by LiveForever8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

so happy to see and meet someone else who has heard of Tony Hancock,

sorry what was the question? oh god its my age

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
If you look at the stats page in conjunction with some info available at Quantcast you can get a pretty accurate picture. I linked to the US States info, but as you can see, you can also pull by other criteria - countries, cities, etc.

Wow. Are you this much fun all the time or just on ATS?
Kidding.

But seriously, I think we are all aware of the basic stats that are available if we care to dig enough.
However, the point of this thread is social in nature and to put some type of face or personality, even if minimal at best, to the members.

This is a voluntary stat thread, in which the information divulged would stay on this thread or be used as a dot on a globe.

What little has been posted on here already has been subconsciously "downloaded" for the next time I interact with these people on ATS.
One of the top threads right now is concerning CIVILITY.
I think this thread would do nothing but behoove that effort.
Having any personal knowledge of someone, no matter how seemingly insignificant, is likely to cause many people to be more reluctant to post an A-hole comment because they will no longer be doing it to just an avatar picture that can type.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'll play too
female
Southern New Jersey

Like the map idea too...I always enjoy seeing where people are from & hearing their stories or news from their areas or countries.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join