It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

usa riots will not be like europes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
we are far more heavily armed-the body counts will be far higher-
the police/military will use deadly force..and so will the civilians.
property owners will shoot to kill , private security forces will also.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by p51mustang

Cool, looking forward to the wall to wall coverage on my cable news channels

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I agree that the American people for the most part are well armed.However they are also well aware that if problems escalate to the point of gun play from either side the country will be broken beyond repair. IF it does get to the point of armed assault,it will be very bloody and all encompassing,nobody will be unaffected !

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Perhaps in a few instances will civilians actually pull the trigger.
Where Americans are concerned the Spirit of liberty is willing to fight but the flesh of federal domestication is weak.
For this reason I believe that most civilians will allow the government to do what it has to.
Even when things are totally chaotic and the world burns, people are still concerned that perhaps they shouldn't take that final leap.

In this case that final leap is an armed uprising. If anything at all were to happen I would suspect something along the lines of a few armed people coming together and slowly increasing until they were a force to be reckoned with.
These types of rebels however are usually put to rest by the wonderful people in Delta Force who specifically train in gorilla infiltration breaking down the unity from within while gathering intel.

Not to mention I suspect the the government is more than prepared for the "all of the above" scenario when it comes to dealing with the armed folks in the states.

That being said, I seriously and sincerely hope that Americans if they feel threatened by their government Kick ass and take names. Put them in their place and bring them under the rule of the people take the country back.

Lets just hope it doesn't come to that.

PS that final sentence was just a courtesy statement for the Department of Homeland Security.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Well armed with weapons is a good thing,but weapons are only tools.

The tools that those who would revolt are not very well maintained here in the U.S..

By that I mean they have "Bad Brains".

You must first use all of the tools you have without success,before whipping out the tool of last resort.

The tool of last resort is a weapon,but it takes a properly functioning mind to know when to whip out the weapons.

I don't think that the majority of people in the U.S. have sense enough to make those types of decisions without being mistaken,or over-reacting,or lashing out at the wrong group,or groups......

People here think a revolution is a kind of "Free For All",and that could not be much further from the truth.

I see a lot of people here who can barely operate a vehicle,and simultaneously exersize (sp) anything resembling common sense.

When the morons whip out their weapons,I am going to disappear until they all get done killing one another.

Same with anything like civil unrest,because the majority of my countrymen don't even know how to act when things are going well.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

It takes a reasonable amount of brainpower to be trained in special ops in the military,like the guy who can go above and beyond the average G.I. type.

Those types are likely to know more about the types of things our government has been pulling over the years,and understand what it is they were sworn to defend.

Considering this,I would think at least some of them would know that the right side is the people,and not the government,and join in with the resistance.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
In the US the best outcome might be met if protests come by everyone just staying HOME. No shopping, no working, no paying any bills.

We don't want any anarchy in the US. People in the US are crazy. They'd be home invasions left and right just because the opportunity presented itself.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Perhaps being so heavily armed is not a good thing.
It may only invite deadly response and serve as an example.
All support would quickly vanish.
Let’s face it, its never going to happen anyway.
And even if it did, what would happen next?
Is there a plan for the outcome?

Ps which side would ‘private security forces’ choose?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

I like to THINK the right side would be the people. I do.
The government is acting looney tunes warmonger.
But the people aren't stopping any of it and are by their laziness approving it, so I really don't know what side is right anymore.

and I? I just want to be left in peace.
I guess that is the right side - take the side of those that want peace and TRUTH.
But then if it comes to it, they better fight for it.
Or I'll be all confused again.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

I used to think was the case, unfortunately it isn't. You don't get into SF by just being smart or physically fit, you have to be mentally pliable as well.

Looking back at the military and those serving in Special operations detachments, I wonder if they will ever wake up as well. Sadly to say that unless they leave the military they will not.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Thats the only kind of protest that would work.
Non violent, yet effective.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
What will the U.N. do if the people revolt successfully?
Will they accept our new government or band together to overcome it?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

Yeah, well, that doesn't mean that while we are sitting at home, we shouldn't be cleaning our guns and getting them loaded.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

What shape will this new government take?

The UN would deal with the devil, if he plays the game.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
What will the U.N. do if the people revolt successfully?
Will they accept our new government or band together to overcome it?

Let the nukes fly.

God Bless America.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by p51mustang

In the 1830's my neck of the woods went into open rebellion against the British gov, a high proportion of those taking part where ex soldiers/marines etc (e.g the Royal Navy laid off 80% of it's sailors/marines in the precedeing years, far exceeding the scale of cuts we are seeing today, as was the scale of under employment, repossessions etc)

So when you factor these ex servicement in with a nation that still held dear the notion of a right to bear arms, and the total number of riots (not to be confused with the number of rioters) which numbered in the many thousands over a few months, the body count was in fact almost negliable.

I feel that becuase you are so well armed it feel may actually be a restraining factor on both sides..if' however a shooting match does kick off then I am sure what you feel will happen will become a sad reality.

* A little side note of interest, during that period, a town not far from me now raised the stars and stripes declaring itself the 24th State of the Union.. It is still known as the American Ground and celebrates the 4th every year..
edit on 23/10/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by p51mustang

Or we just won't riot...maybe later...it's football season.

Plus it's getting colder out...maybe we will wait until spring...as long as it isn't too rainy. If we miss Spring...we can try for Summer...unless it's a really hot one...then I'm going to the beach.

You know what...just go ahead without me....I'll just watch it on TV...not live of course...I'll DVR it.
edit on 23-10-2010 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

If this country were to have a successful revolution,the UN could say whatever it wanted,and it wouldn't matter at all.

If this country were to become a Constitutional Republic again that is.

But I am sure it would end up worse than before,because when there is anarchy,there is always someone who is waiting to fill the power void.

People will be too quick in trying to make things normal again,and probably make the wrong choice in leadership,like they have been doing for so long.

I just hope it's someone who understands what the founders were trying to accomplish if it comes to that point.

He who will trade liberty for security deserves neither.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Just curious,
Who are you going to shoot?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join