It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me your UFO story

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I believe it was a very large orb or sphere that seemed to be larger than a car but they had trouble estimating size because of distance, etc. It seemed to be a huge ball of bright light. I never heard anyone involved describe any characteristics other than bright sphere of light. No one ever mentioned the light changing color or anything like that.

If my memory of seeing something is a real memory and not a dream I remember thinking that what I first saw was a huge harvest moon. I remember then being amazed when it moved away and I saw a much smaller white moon revealed as the thing moved away. The moon looked smaller by several sizes.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

It wasn't day time, since it was Winter it had gotten dark early. It seemed to be heading down from where we were observing it. Let me draw a simple picture of it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/88ba9fbfabf9.jpg[/atsimg]

We saw it when it entered the view of the windshield and then watched it meander its way down until it went behind the telephone pole. It never came back out though.

We discussed it a bit trying to figure out if it could have been a plane or meteor or even distant headlights on a mountain road but in the end we couldn't identify it.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I saw a UFO less than a month ago, here in Northern Va, in broad daylight.

I don't know whether it was full of aliens or whether it was full of US military people, but I know it was unusual.

Here's what I sent to MUFON:

My son and I were just outside passing the football back and forth, when I looked up and right there was what I took to be a jet, but really a lot lower than a jet that big has ever been around here.

Then I noted that I couldn’t see either wings or a stabilizer. So I got my son to look at it and said, “that could be a UFO. What do you think?” He looked and said, a bit subdued, “I think it’s a jet..” but he was not at all sure.

(He has since decided that it was a UFO, and this has scared him. He asked me not to tell anybody in the neighborhood because he doesn’t want them to think we are weird.)

The object was so close, we surely should have heard it. There was a lawnmower going on at a neighbor’s house, but this should have been louder than the lawnmower to us. A little later, we heard a jet very loudly even though we couldn’t see it.

We definitely should have heard what we looked at if we could see it. The part that struck me as the strangest was that the object’s size shrank over 8-10 seconds, from what would have been about two inches if you held your fingers out in front of you, to too small to see.

It appeared to be going in a straight line, so this did not fit with a jet banking away from us. And even if it was a jet banking away, I’ve never seen one get as far away as that in such a short time anyway.

Again, we never saw wings or stabilizers.

The oddest part was that nobody else seems to have seen it. I've since been watching the aircraft that flies overhead (and there are a lot of different planes and copters since we are very near several military bases) and nothing has seemed as large as the UFO did, even when they were apparently closer. So I think it was pretty big. Bigger than a standard jet, anyway.

A long time ago, probably in the late 50s or early 60s, one of my cousins and her whole family were said to have watched a UFO land in the property behind their house. I heard about this in the early 70s. From that time to now, I'd never seen a UFO myself. I was quite surprised to see the one we saw. I did not get any kind of feeling from it -- it seemed absolutely banal except that it disappeared so quickly.
edit on 10/13/2010 by delta.bravo.delta because: fix typo

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

I'm in a new location and have seen extremely dim lights extremely high in the sky flying at a fast past twice now but I think those could be satellites. I'm in less populated area than the Dallas metroplex so I have a better view of the night sky. Hopefully I see another one soon, that would be pretty cool.

The orange light to me seemed like an orb rather than a ship but I still think it could have been a vehicle.

I think since they've been here for awhile they're just watching us and surveying. I mean I would hope we would do the same thing if we were in there foots but humans like to colonize for resources so I doubt that humans would just study things on a different planet as rich with minerals like ours. I think the probably think our government is extremely corrupted and immature for that mature.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by angrywhitechick

I am no expert, but I think the harvest moon we had here two weeks ago was the fastest I can remember the Moon moving. I was very low in the sky and would cover 90 degrees in about 3 hours. I base this in the city streets. The highway runs east and west. This is where it would appear at sundown. It would move the size of my outstretched hand in ten minutes. In 3 to 4 hours after sundown, it would be lined up with the streets running North and south.

However there are many reports of smaller Orbs coming out of larger ones.

Thank you again, any more stories are welcome.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

TY for the drawing. I understand it better now.
This would be hard to explain as it was moving slowly.
Then again today is the famed 10/13/10, so we might get some answers.
Great story with you and your Dad.
Smiles

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by delta.bravo.delta

Great daytime sighting.

We definitely should have heard what we looked at if we could see it. The part that struck me as the strangest was that the object’s size shrank over 8-10 seconds, from what would have been about two inches if you held your fingers out in front of you, to too small to see.

I know what you mean, the two I saw was very benal until ...

Could you judge how far away it was, 1/2 mi., 2 mi.?
Did it shrink in place or as it was moving? Was it cigar or saucer shaped?
I assume it was headed your way when you saw it, and there were no lights on it.
No lights on something that big flying over a town is against all regulations = not ours.

I didn't tell anyone about my sighting for at least 10 years. Why John (who sat them too) and I never discussed it again is a mystery. Which in retrospect I can't give an answer to.
Even though we saw each other at school and stuff for three more years
So I don't blame your son one bit.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tribble

Could you judge how far away it was, 1/2 mi., 2 mi.?
Did it shrink in place or as it was moving? Was it cigar or saucer shaped?
I assume it was headed your way when you saw it, and there were no lights on it.
No lights on something that big flying over a town is against all regulations = not ours.

I am not good at such judging. I would have guessed it was much closer. I saw a plane fly overhead at what I would guess to be about 1000 feet today (they get that low when going to or from the nearby military air strip) and what we saw was a whole lot bigger than that. Either it was very close and low, or very very big if high up.

It was cigar shaped.

It was not headed toward me, but going across the sky from right to left. I never saw any lights. It did appear to be moving away from us, but it did not turn its profile, which was odd. It just moved at an angle up and left, and shrank to nothing within 8-10 seconds.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by elfulanozutan0

Best of luck on another sighting. All I get here are satellites.
Look at almost any one of Sheilalien's YT videos and you will see how convincing car lights can be.

If you read the story's here, most of the UFOs are cruising very slow and low.
If they were ours what would be the point of cruising around towns and large cities. They could do that over their own bases.

We are not programed to patiently observe. I think TPTB run on a divide and conquer theory, and then sorting the rest out later.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by delta.bravo.delta

That's a huge ship then, in contrast to the plane you saw at 1000 ft away!

I don't want to go too far out there, but I would say it went into a wormhole.

Even if the cigar shape turned (directionally)away from you, I would think it would still be pretty big.

It is understandable that there were no other reports. Nobody looks up for no reason, and without any sound why would they.

I really don't think it was ours.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
never saw one in all my life-
then i was snapping shots of the contrails ,the grid pattern,
and pics of where they intersected..
on the computer there were specks that when
enhanced were certainly ufos - just globes basically.
so on 6 occasions these guys would show up.
then in rural costa rica just north of the osa.
where i knew the night sky well, waay in the boondocks
3 large lights appeared on the ridge ..just hung there
for hours, no sound -
sorry- no drama , just remarkable
things i saw that i cant explain..
i sort of assume there's alot going on around me
that i am unaware of.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by p51mustang

I have seen these checkerboard trails in the sky too, 100 miles square. Someone out there has to know why the pattern is being made.

Sounds like stuff is happening around there. Did these Orbs just stay in one spot for that long. Do you still have the pictures of the daytime Orbs?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
3 orbs flying beside eachother is my only experience so far

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy
3 orbs flying beside eachother is my only experience so far

That's really more than 98% of the population has seen.
Could you hear them or were they far off and did you see where they went?
The color is important to me, as I think these unreported sightings are the real deal.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
1. Late at night, in [redacted] I was travelling North on [redacted], which is thirty miles East of the world's largest [redacted]. Since the area was highly [redacted], it was also a major [redacted] target for [redacted]. Anyway, travelling East to West in the sky I saw an incoming [redacted]. Holy moly! It was huge, it was blazing, and so low it looked like I could jump up and touch it if I stood on top of the [redacted]. Anyway, the next day, I went to the field where it appeared the [redacted] had landed and found nothing.

Since I wasn't the only witness, I knew I wasn't crazy. We heard nothing about it for days. Having had [redacted], I was [redacted] to any news on this unidentified flying object. Well, days later, we got the official word. It was a fireball and it landed roughly a thousand miles to the West!

2. Also in [redacted] I accidently came across a [highly and severely redacted] which had two [extremely redacted] pacing near the backdoor. They were awesome! - oh, but, they weren't flying and I suppose just plain unidentified doesn't count. Skip on to next story ...

3. Shortly thereafter, I was in [redacted], next to an official [redacted] on my right. Suddenly, a [redacted] flew straight up, hovered in place for a long time (minutes), and then shot upward (inverse nosedive) then straightened horizontally and then it hooked a severe 45 degree angle and flew away quickly. My spouse identified it as a "Harrier Jump Jet". My brother-in-law insists Harrier-Jump-Jets are alien UFOs though; so, I figured it should be listed here.

4. Before all of the above, when I was in Junior High School, I saw a UFO headed straight toward the school! I was in gym and instead of gyming, I was dazing out the open back door. I yelled, "UFO!" All my classmates came to see, gym teachers too. It came toward us and then turned 90 degrees and we could see the words written on its side - GOODYEAR! It was the Goodyear blimp!

5. Do unidentified colored lights in the clouds count? Yep, saw them twice. 1990 or so while visiting in Katy, Texas. Turned out to be a military experiment dropping colored gases on the clouds. That's what the news said anyway.

6. And the best for last, late 90's. Oh wait, I told this story on ATS before and we aren't allowed to tell a story twice. Nevermind. Anyway, it was a DOOZIE! Lots of different types of wild sightings that day!
edit on 15/10/2010 by Trexter Ziam because: typo

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

In July 2002 , I was fortunate enough to witness a very large U.F.O ,
at close range , for over an hour ...
I was out fishing one night , alone in my small sailboat . There was no moon ,
90% cloud cover , and an approaching thunderstorm , 50 km. away.
Drifting because of no wind , and reclining in the cockpit , at 2 a.m ,
I noticed in the sky, 10km. to my south , three solid , bright red lights in a
triangular formation . They were separated by 200 metres ., and approaching
my position at 15 knots , altitude 300 metres . As they came closer , I noticed
another three red lights following , 4 km. behind . This immediately got my
attention , and looking around I saw two more sets of red lights ,
equi-distant and at 90 degrees to the others . I was between several small
islands , and can accurately report it's overall dimensions as being 5km.
across .
As it slowly passed directly overhead , it's underside was illuminated from
the lights of a nearby city , 40km. away . It was a massive disc , with turrets ,
antennae , and one very large , brilliant white spotlight in the middle.
It was making a quiet and low buzzing noise , and took 30 mins. to pass
overhead . As it moved to the North , I could plainly see it was an
upside down saucer shape .
I don't drink or do drugs , this is as real as it gets .
There was nothing in the media about it the next day , and it passed an
International airport on it's way north ...
... and no it wasn't an R/C balloon swamp gas Venus lantern disinfo thingy.
At 3:30 a.m , the daily commercial jets screamed overhead towards
the airport , at 5000 feet , tiny and loud .
I am a very experienced seaman/bushman , and this is not my only
encounter .,( although the largest so far )
I have had contact of the fourth kind , and can assure you , they were
of the benevolent kind .... maybe another time

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

1) Misjudged the distance due to the size. That happened to me in 05. There was a fire so big I judged it 15 to 20 miles away from where I work. As it turned out it was 40 miles away and surrounded my house. After a week they allowed me to go home, which was spared by the fire that consumed 65 of my neighbors houses.

2) It had two what?

3) I guess Jump jets do that. If I could fly one I would do a reverse nose dive for sure. I guess having another witness there sorted that out pretty quick.

4) Goodyear- Haha I bet you got a bit of ribbing for that one. Did the teacher make you run some laps?

5) Copy and paste it here, or would it get [redacted]

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

Thanks for story, I would have been watching the news for it also.
That is an excellent sighting and a detailed report.I guess you were just off the coast.

As it slowly passed directly overhead , it's underside was illuminated from the lights of a nearby city , 40km. away . It was a massive disc , with turrets , antennae , and one very large , brilliant white spotlight in the middle. It was making a quiet and low buzzing noise , and took 30 mins. to pass overhead

I had to convert the distances.
Wow, that's the largest one I have heard of. (excepting the Phoenix triangle)
So it was 3 miles across with (gun turrets?)
I bet you were freaked out for the whole time it took to pass.
Did the spotlight hit you or did you feel subdued?
Did you try the radio?

Definitively not a balloon. If it was ours, where the hell would they park/hide it?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This isn't my story, but rather my mother's story.

Around 30 years ago (several years before I was born, and I am 23):

My mother, now deceased aunt and deceased father, and older adopted sister were awoken at around 3 AM by what sounded like an old, junky truck driving up the driveway. They stepped outside, and saw something different. Hovering over the neighbor's treetops (around 60-80 feet) was a saucer-shaped object with four square-shaped lights on the bottom of the object. My mother stayed outside for about 5-10 seconds, and the object flew off to the east (it came in from the west, she said - based on the noise).

She lived near Fort Campbell, KY at the time (Russellville, KY) and even called the radio station to see if any military exercises had been planned. They had not. My father, who was an ex-Green Beret - had no idea what it was.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ffman

Hovering over the neighbor's treetops (around 60-80 feet) was a saucer-shaped object with four square-shaped lights on the bottom of the object. My mother stayed outside for about 5-10 seconds, and the object flew off to the east (it came in from the west, she said - based on the noise).

First, I am sorry for your losses, and thank you for posting the story they told you.

It must have been very loud to get them all up out of bed at 3AM. A racket like that makes me think the craft was in trouble. If it was ours, the pilot would have stayed clear of houses instead of hovering over them.
With you father being a Green Beret, and not recognizing it probably confirms it as not ours. I don't doubt he had seen hundreds of craft.

I looked it up on Yahoo maps (they let you zoom in closer and blur out less than Google maps)
To the East is Fort Knox.(7th Division Armored Rd) I have scanned 30 bases and never seen such a crazy layout. Of course the interesting parts were slightly blurred out. There are two very small runways there, but no evidence of any nearby hangars! Nothing on that base makes any sense to me. It was/is not a golf course and many areas of grass were freshly mowed!

With what you said and the puzzling Fort Knox features, IMO it was headed for that (secret) base. By the sound of it I wonder if it made it.

edit on 15-10-2010 by Tribble because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join