It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bright star in our night sky..cannot be venus..what is it??

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
It can't be Venus...but it could be Jupiter. Or Alpha Centauri, or Sirius, or one of the million other celestial objects we see in our night sky. Just because you can't identify something doesn't mean it's Nibiru coming with a fleet of overlord Reptilians hell bent on enslaving a race they could have conquered centuries ago.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
So lets look at some images of what is the brightest object in the sky right now (at least the one that is in the sky for the longest amount of time). Venus is only in the sky for about an hour after sunset, in the southwest sky close to the horizon. Jupiter though, can be viewed pretty much all night long. To truly understand if what one is seeing is Jupiter, many different time checks to the night sky must be observed.

At 9pm....to the east...

At 11pm...to the southeast...

At 1am...more south and moving westwardly...

At 3am....southwest...

At 4am...its close to southwest horizon...

Is someone wants to make claims that there is a bright color changing object that stays in the same place all night long they need to get pictures that will place a time on the picture of when its taken and have some sort way (like having the same horizon in the pics at all times of different images taken) to show at many times of the night, the bright object has not moved.

These are major claims that must have evidence to be taken as truth. I watch the sky every night, I have not seen a bright object other then Jupiter and Venus, and lately Venus can only be seen for a short amount of time. After Venus sets, Jupiter is the brightest object I see and it is shining brighter then normal right now for logical reasons.

There are some bright stars that do flash colors....but they are not as bright as Jupiter is right now.

Venus is not a option for 1am sightings of a bright object.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Talking to myself (correcting myself since it wont let me edit my mistake..)

When I said

He simply noted that in that particular picture (the happy face) the moon and Venus were both by the moon.

I meant to say....*Jupiter and Venus were both by the moon*.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by theAymen

Actually, it is NOT way too bright to be Jupiter. In fact, it is Jupiter. I commented to the wife a few weeks ago when Jupiter was first gaining notice on this board. I was confused myself, and even though other sources confirmed this was Jupiter, I wasn't wholly convinced until I busted out the telescope. This allowed me to view the red/orange/white stripes of Jupiter, as well as its moons.

It is Jupiter.

edit on 5-10-2010 by Elepheagle because: I actually didn't end up changing anything. O.o

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
CSS Fail. Hey, I managed to find an updated version of your image.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

By the way for anyone wanting to look at images like I posted without downloading Stellarium....

Google 'starry night sky education'

Its a widget and its easy to use...type in any date and time and use the bottom buttons for your direction you want to view (such as 'W' for west).

Then you can use the arrows to view the night sky in all directions for a certain time.

Lots of fun!

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
We are in a pole shift though. Got a call from my old physics professor. He says it is happening. He claims it has something to do with Jupiter and the solar wind. Every so often Jupiter, Earth and the Sun line up perfectly. Jupiter blocks the solar wind fron striking Earth. As Earth moves from behind Jupiter, a rush of solar wind basically pushes the magnetic field over.

So he claims...

Makes a little sense though
edit on 5-10-2010 by Come Clean because: (no reason given)

I think your professor may need to retire if he hasn't already. How the heck, if Jupiter and Earth are in line together with the Sun, how would Jupiter block the solar wind from Earth??
Then you say "As Earth moves from behind Jupiter, a rush of solar wind basically pushes the magnetic field over."
You act as if Jupiter is closer to the Sun than the Earth is...

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I would guess that material from NASA would be valid to the mid 80's and other reference works to the mid 90's as long as one sees them in print and not on the internet. I have a little "dial-a-skyview" chart that I bought at Mt. Palomar in the late 90's. It doesn't show planets but I use ephemerides for those and it is a good test against 'Stellarium' and other online illusions.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by theAymen
THEY SAY ITS VENUS....I DO NOT BUY IT AS VENUS SHOULD ONLY BE SEEN AT SUNRISE/SUNSET.
There can be up to 47 degrees of separation between the Sun and Venus as viewed from Earth. Given it takes the Earth 24 hours to make one rotation of 360 degrees, I'll let you do the math to figure out how many hours before/after sunset/sunrise Venus could be visible for (hint: it's over 3).

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
how the F do we end up getting 7 pages of garbage from someone whom doesn't understand astronomy but won't use astronomer resources to satisfy the curiousity?

instead of trying to reason with someone championing ignorance, how about you spend that time bumping a actual well thought out researched thread that has fallen through the cracks.

OPs, download one of the many sky software packages and sort it out yourself, its jupiter, deal with it.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The Ayemen: you are denying the truth that's been set forth to you by many. It is Venus, Jupiter and the Moon.

I know exactly what you're doing. You're trying to stretch and break what has been handed to you as truth and trying to incorporate this into a Nibiru or UFO or 2012 theory when it clearly is not related to any of those.

See folks, take note how strong the human mind is. Now here, from many reliable sources, the Truth has been presented but he stands so firm in his inaccurate and wrong beliefs because "he knows better."

I can only imagine what you think when you see a satellite overhead. NIBIRU!!

When 2012 comes closer, more and more will come unglued and stop listening to Truth and nothing will be trusted in the fragility of the mindset. That's why we all have to start our reference points now so when the time does come closer and we reflect back to when things were back in 2010, we will know and therefore won't jump to conclusions and continue to listen to reason. Gonna be scary though when Reason itself is denied sometime within the next 26 months in many minds, especially when the Deception is in full force. .

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I really don't understand why this thread has so many flags or pages, 1) The nat geo site the OP got his image from EXPLAINS what it is 2) after he explained the location I posted a screenshot from stellarium EXPLAINING what it is, if its not Jupiter, it's possibly the star Fomalhault! Here is the Picture again of what the OP was seeing...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a8142b3b1ebc.jpg[/atsimg]

Please, please, please people, believe me, it's not something coming to get us!

edit on 5/10/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It is Jupiter,
You should also be able to see one or more of Jupiter's moons.

www.ibtimes.com...

The OP's picture may not be in the right orientation though.
edit on 5-10-2010 by smurfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Thanks for posting, I was out with my girlfriend the other night and saw the same thing. She isn't really into this stuff, but i found myself staring at it and wondering what it could be. That same night we both saw a bright orange light? in the sky. Similar to the northern/southern lights... Which is really strange because I live in Brisbane, Australia (a place where it doesn't happen). I think there's something definitely going on and something big is probably going to happen soon. Very soon.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
It is Jupiter. I have been view it with my telescope. You can even see it's moons. View even through binoculars you might be even able to see it's strip like clouds that circle the planet. Space news.com has been following this information. Earth is suppose to have been in a closer orbit to Saturn, however it was suppose to end 2 weeks ago. However, it has not and seems to be getting closer. Nice to look at though. IT IS JUPITER.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Its Jupiter.....It's rather large and we are in the closest phase of its elispe around the sun which brings it in for a close up. Along with the pretty meteor showers we've been having.......cool viewing through a telescope.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage could it be Mercury with Jupiter and the moon?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
To the OP,
If you have just added that second picture in your first post, it is from 2008,

news.nationalgeographic.com...

I remember seeing that conjunction, (not that particular picture) here near Christmas 2008, only my view was with the two planets much closer together, one below the other, on a very clear early part of the night, quite jaw dropping at the time!
edit on 5-10-2010 by smurfy because: text.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Ima make a new thread.;lol:

When are these ridiculous bright star conspiracy threads ever gonna end ?

I mean hasn't it been examined every which way to Sunday. Still no proof. I think these are people who have
been kept inside all their life. Then when they can't be controled anymore to stay inside. They can't believe
the brightness of a few close planets, so they naturally jump on ATS( the Captain America of conspiracy sites)
and make everybody nuts try'in ti figure out what the hell their even talk'in about.

They just need to get out more often.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

yeaaay were back...!

firstly thank you for pointing out the star was jupitor last night....it looked beautiful!

just so you know its not the star i was speaking of.....

now...i found a topic from a few weeks ago about jupitor and its closeness to us...its a thread from ATS..
very very interesting

jupitor being very close ...deep!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join