It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bright star in our night sky..cannot be venus..what is it??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

oh don't worry, Uranus and moon in the same sentence gets me giggling, and i'm 30.....saying the ring of Uranus has me in fits of laughter
(yes, Uranus does have a ring system). Nothing wrong with being a bit silly and immature at times, gotta stay young somehow.

Next clear night up here in the North, i'm going to head up the hills and take some photographs in Jupiters general direction. Hopefully convince the OP that they are just seeing planets, it's nice to educate people in the field of astronomy.

edit on 4/10/10 by woogleuk because: political correctness

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
this is crazy because i know exactly what you are talking about. I will try to get a picture of what i have been viewing. I can look out my front door at night and this so called "venus" is super bright and it is a shade of blue when i look through my telescope and binocluars. ive never really noticed it untill this year when i was looking at the moon. i know its not venus because you cant see venus at 9pm in tulsa oklahoma let alone anywhere after the sky is dark. I have no idea what it is and i would definitley like to know. I HAVE ALSO SPOTTED SOMETHING ELSE. I have found an object in the sky and i saw this object 3 days ago as it was positioned to northeast of me. It is pretty far away but you can clearly see that it flashes like a light in the distance being turned on and off. I looked at it last night again and couldnt find the object. As i scanned the sky i found that the object was directly to the east of me. its actually too far to take a picture of but if u can spot it let me know.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
im onmy roof as i write this...its beautiful and clear here in london.

tell to tell you the truth im absolutly fascinated that the star in the sky above me right now is jupitor...i mean woooow
....is it really that close

thanks lads for the info...its absolutly amazing....

anyway...
so your all saying that i am seeing jupitor or venus..throughout the year...cool

but its not venus..as its very late when i see it..

and its wayyyy to bright to be jupitor... especially when it shimmers red blue and green

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by theAymen

You are most likely correct in asserting this isn't Venus or Mercury. But without giving the time and location of this photo there really isn't a way to help you.

Can you tell us the general location and time when this is taking place? I am an amatuer astonomer and would like to help.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I have to really wonder why you even asked for the truth of what you are seeing. You refuse to look at an open source program like Stellarium for your answer.
You refuse to listen to others that say it is Jupiter, which is at its closest to Earth in years...

You seem to want to cling to the belief that you are seeing something in the sky that nobody else can see.
But then again, you also claim to be pharaoh...

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Look back at my earlier pic, it's possible that it is the star Fomalhaut, that will appear quite bright, and it will shimmer when the earths atmosphere is turbulent, Jupiter will shimmer if it's really bad, and I reckon there is a lot of it tonight, lol.

As for Venus, its still visible for up to two hours after sunset, so its possible it could still be there at 9pm (replying to earlier poster)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

well what if my pharaoh phsyc was bringing this star to your attention?

there is a definatly something up with that star.

i want to add IM NOT TALKING ABOUT JUPITOR OR VENUS...JUPITOR IS IN THE SKY NOW IM TOLD...THIS ISNT THE STAR IV BEEN SEEING...its much brighter than this...
also it would of been yearsfor jupitor to got that close before

im shocked that most of you dont know what im talking about

it used to shimmer red/blue...then it was a dull orange star...now when it appears (suddenly) its a really bright star...i havnt seen it in a while..but i thought you all would of known what i was saying.....

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I AGREE!!! I noticed that star the first time bout a year ago and I have been keeping my eye on it, and it does look like its getting brighter!! Im buying a telescope this christmas!! And I WILL keep a better eye on it... All my life I have NEVER seen this star...

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by StarrGazer25

YES STARGAZER...sheesh...what do you think it is...my brain actually really aches when i stare at it lol
i cant work it out

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
How about a Comet?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

There is more than one bright object which appears in the sky. The planets move in relationship to the stars and the stars move in relationship to the season.

But of course you know all that and have a very strong knowledge of the night sky. Odd how not many others are so intrigued with Jupiter, so convinced that it's never been there before.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by theAymen
im onmy roof as i write this...its beautiful and clear here in london.

tell to tell you the truth im absolutly fascinated that the star in the sky above me right now is jupitor...i mean woooow
....is it really that close

thanks lads for the info...its absolutly amazing....

anyway...
so your all saying that i am seeing jupitor or venus..throughout the year...cool

but its not venus..as its very late when i see it..

and its wayyyy to bright to be jupitor... especially when it shimmers red blue and green

A comet tends to "shimmer" different colors I have read.......might want to put in some coordinates and
see just what it really is eh?

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

I don’t want links to simulation sites or to nasa Ok!

So basically, you wish to remain ignorant on how the solar system works.

Well done! Good for you!

Typical close mindedness BS I say.

Reminds me of ICP's miracles, this guy.

"[Snip]ing magnets how do they work? And I don't wanna talk to a scientist. Y'all mother[snip]ers lying, and getting me pissed!"

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It is a camp fire. The angels are all singing Kumbuyyay me Lord

This happens every 200 years.

In space some where.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I saw a very bright star that was shifting colors the other night. I also saw 3 or 4 others, in different directions, doing the same thing. Atmospherics, end of story.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
I saw a very bright star that was shifting colors the other night. I also saw 3 or 4 others, in different directions, doing the same thing. Atmospherics, end of story.

Oh yes it is possible of course....however what would you say if it is still there tomorrow night, the night after that? What would you call it then?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I was also under the impression it was Jupiter. in fact the other weekend my sister was home and we sat around drinking some whiskey and talking about all kinds of weird stuff, and I took her outside and made her look at it. She was under the impression it was Venus. Who knows...

Anyway, there are several interesting connections to Jupiter (assuming that's what the object is)

Jupiter in Mythology

to the Babylonians, it represents their god Marduk, and they used it's 12 year orbit to help define their constellations...
it also has connections to Zeus (the king of the Gods) and Thor (hammer-wielding god associated with thunder, lightning, storms, oak trees, strength, destruction, fertility, healing, and the protection of mankind)

I find it interesting that there has been a ton of crazy storms all over the planet recently, some resulting in some pretty serious flooding, and I've also noticed a TON of acorns falling from the oak trees (I've been doing yard work for people, and they keep saying how they can't believe how many acorns there are this year - in reality, I spent over 6 hours just collecting acorns, if this gives you any idea what I'm talking about. The so-called "acorn mountain" is now already up to my knees, and I'm right around 6 feet tall....

edit on 5-10-2010 by sum1one because: added more information and a link.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

I would call it a star or a planet.
If it wasn't there the next night I would start to wonder.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10/5/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

True. Whatever it is it's been there for over 2 weeks now.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
It is Vega

Seriously.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join