It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who wants TSHTF ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Just a simple question really who here wants sh-t to hit the fan ? I know it wouldn't be easy or simple but then you wouldn't have to worry about working for the man , pay no bills , try to get a gf or bf .

All you need to worry about is others who will take your gear and hunting for food and making a shelter and other various tasks that would need to be done . Think about it .

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by PS3Geek

what does # hitting the fan mean to you?

to me it means a revolutionairy change in just about everything.

edit to add; and yes i'd like some real change, not that obama kind of change.

edit on 3-10-2010 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
If # hits the fan it means absolute martial law, no water, no power, no internet.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I doubt anyone with common sense would want for TSTHTF. All of our conveniences would be gone, medicines might be impossible to get. Your family and friends would be dying off around you, you might be victims of mob violence, constant exposure to the elements from trying to scratch out a living.
The sheer terror of knowing that danger is everywhere and anytime. A moment's lapse of attention could get you robbed and killed for a can of beans.
Sitting in a dank basement trying to kill rats to eat while you watch the sores growing on your skin.....
...............Nah, I don't want TSTHTF.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
For me the attraction of a SHTF situation is that people will be encouraged to start a new society in a kind of commune. Perhaps an ideal of green grass and classless togetherness.

However, even idealistically the fantasy wilderness exists only where there are huge pockets of forest.

Here, in SA, the picture is less rosy. Much of the land is desert and semi-desert.
In more urban, hospitable areas people are already living in shanty towns. People are living a SHTF existence daily. I'm not quite sure how much more SHTF it can get.

But then again, as I've read, the more Westernized you are the more dependant you are on the grid.

edit on 3-10-2010 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PS3Geek

I was going to reply but just reread asktheanimals reply.

If TSHTF Life would become grueling and a nightmare.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PS3Geek

I think sometimes that people might tend toward romanticizing the notion of SHTF. I think that the reality of such a situation would be horrific, and few people who thought they were tuned and ready to survive would actually do so. It might tend people toward being more brutal to survive than they think themselves capable of. We rarely know what we're capable of until a bad, bad situation presents itself.

As a survivor of lesser situations, such as terrible earthquake, severe hurricane and the social and infrastructural breakdown that often ensues in the aftermath, I hope it never happens. Read AskTheAnimals' response above. I think his post touches on just some of the horrors of the real deal, and I wish that on no one.

When I've talked about things like this with my friends, some of the have actually accused me of "can't wait for it to happen." I don't know what would give them that view. It's the LAST thing I want, to be in the awful position of denying someone I care about nourishment or vital care so that someone I care MORE about can live. I fancy myself as being "fairly prepared" for the situations I can imagine. The reality would doubtless be far different from my preconceptions.

I've seen people do ugly, ugly things in situations that were bad, but turned out to be relatively short-term (less than six months). At the time, none of us knew the duration of the event, and we've seen the worst and the best of people. To this day, there are people that I don't trust an iota because of the things they did to others to benefit themselves (this was in the aftermath of Hurricane Paloma in 2008).

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Can't we just have change without TSHTF? I guess not. I think people are bored with modern conveniences. Time to learn how to churn butter and rub sticks together. Ooga booga.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

If TSHTF was a nuclear exchange, life would be very different.

If you are lucky enough to be at one of the ground zero's and vaporized, your troubles would be over, however just a little further out and you might suffer burns. I've worked on a burn unit and burns are the most painful of all injuries bar none. They also always become infected without antibiotics. Without pain medication most burn victims would die from the constant and severe pain stressing their hearts.

Google Hiroshima victims and click on images................and that was a small nuclear bomb by today's standard.

If you had the misfortune to survive by being far enough from one of the blast zones, you would suffer possible radiation poisioning. I've been with cancer patients that died from radiation therapy and it's a gruesome way to go.

Did you know that if you burn wood for warmth and the wood came from a tree that absorbed radiation, that radiation would be released............you can't burn wood that has been exposed to radiation.

If enough bombs were used, you would find yourself with climate change challenges..........like permanent winter.

If you didn't get radiation poisioning you would find a world where clean food and water would become scarce. People would murder you for a can of beans and some would rape your daughter and kill her right infront of you.

There would be no law and order..........only chaos.

Those that survived would not be free, they would be damned to a nightmarish hell on earth existence. Every moment of the rest of your life would be spent in solely trying to survive and you might find having to kill your own food or another fellow human being in self defense a bit of a shock.

Malaria, typhus TB and a whole host of other nasty diseases would spread, again without antibiotics.

If TSHTF was a natural disaster, like a small astroid hitting us, again you would find climate changes and food would become scarce.

Even "nice decent" people would do things they never thought they would do in order to survive.

Go to Target or Walmart the day after Thanksgiving and watch how people grab and push for a simple toy, now think the last can of corn and five people fighting over it.

If you are thinking small, quaint, quiet, peaceful village with everyone helping each other out after TSHTF, that might happen but it would take decades of surviving a very harsh and bleak existence.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Well either an emp going off or a nuke somewhere and martial law declared that i would declare as an shtf scenario well not exactly the martial law but the other things .

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kirill

Yes i know and that would be a very hard way to live and i know this .

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I enjoy talking to people around the globe on the internet, watching interesting tv shows, being able to learn and read about anything I want in a few clicks of a button. I also like being able to go grab an ice-cream, take a shower and not watch my back when I go outside.

With that being said, there is a lot wrong with the world, but having SHTF means a lot of death in most cases, and life as we know to not exist. I enjoy life right now.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I totally understand that but i am sick of the same old BS year in and year out and i know the shtf would be very scary and survival would be hard mainly cause of others getting in your way .

I don't think the shtf will happen anytime soon anyways .

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Wouldn't that be nice sure would be everyone helping each other out but in a survival situation people will go crazy so that ain't happening .

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PS3Geek

Now if only we could make some sort of game simulation of SHTF, because I would love to play it
haha.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Yes it would be bad and scary but like i said before the same old stuff everytime it just starts to suck after awhile .I know surviving wouldn't be an adventure but it would be different then this life style .

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by xiphias

Yeah Buddy time to go back and be pioneers well not really but you get my point .

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

I enjoy my life too but not as much as others mainly cause others have it better . I enjoy those things as well .

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

But this would be real mannnn .

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Would I like TSTHTF? No in many aspects but yes in others.

Are we as individuals ready for something like this? I doubt many of us are. Have you any food stockpiled? Are you allowed weapons? (I'm thinking about people in Europe.) Have you taken into consideration what this could mean?

We need change. Not the Obama kind, but the kind which totally changes everything. I.e, a "fresh start". Our lives are about money, how much stuff we have. It should be about our families, friends and not worrying about monetary aspects and worrying ourselves to death if we'll have enough to make ends meet.

Let's put it this way, if S doesn't HTF, we're going to be enslaved forever. I want to be free. I want my children to be free, my family and my friends to be free.

I'd rather take all the above without S hitting TF, but I don't think I'll be given a choice.

If you're concerned about survival and the aspects of survivalism, join my forum: www.TheDSRegulars.com. We've got guys who have their own bunkers, people who have experience within preparing for S hitting TF.

edit on 3-10-2010 by Frontkjemper because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2010 by Frontkjemper because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join