It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who wants TSHTF ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PS3Geek

I personally think if # did go down, I could do okay as long as there was a bomb going off or something near me. I live in the perfect area. Lots of fishing and hunting can be done on the land near my house, I am a good age in my prime pretty much, in good good shape and have good knowledge of fishing/hunting. So to say the least I wonder what would happen and how I would make out if it were to happen, but I am comfortable and love life right now, so I prefer it to stick this way
haha

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
Would I like TSTHTF? No in many aspects but yes in others.

Are we as individuals ready for something like this? I doubt many of us are. Have you any food stockpiled? Are you allowed weapons? (I'm thinking about people in Europe.) Have you taken into consideration what this could mean?

We need change. Not the Obama kind, but the kind which totally changes everything. I.e, a "fresh start". Our lives are about money, how much stuff we have. It should be about our families, friends and not worrying about monetary aspects and worrying ourselves to death if we'll have enough to make ends meet.

Let's put it this way, if S doesn't HTF, we're going to be enslaved forever. I want to be free. I want my children to be free, my family and my friends to be free.

I'd rather take all the above without S hitting TF, but I don't think I'll be given a choice.

If you're concerned about survival and the aspects of survivalism, join my forum: www.TheDSRegulars.com. We've got guys who have their own bunkers, people who have experience within preparing for S hitting TF.

edit on 3-10-2010 by Frontkjemper because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2010 by Frontkjemper because: (no reason given)

Well i like to think i am prepared not as much as others but i am still learning ( 21 yrs old go figure ) I currently don't have food stockpiled perhaps i should , i got one gun but brothers have more and some ammo .

Yes we need real change not BS spewed out by a puppet president ( If this offends you then kiss my butt haha jk ) people are asleep and don't ever want to be awaken to the truth if TSHTF then maybe people would realize this earth and our species is fragile .

People worship money as if its a god well maybe not that much but you get what i am saying and that's what agitates me people wanna live for BS reasons buy the biggest house , nicest car , be popular , etc /

Another thing which agitates me is people think you have to work to have a life , don't i live my life waking up and going to bed at night .

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by anthbes
reply to post by PS3Geek

I personally think if # did go down, I could do okay as long as there was a bomb going off or something near me. I live in the perfect area. Lots of fishing and hunting can be done on the land near my house, I am a good age in my prime pretty much, in good good shape and have good knowledge of fishing/hunting. So to say the least I wonder what would happen and how I would make out if it were to happen, but I am comfortable and love life right now, so I prefer it to stick this way
haha

Well it would be hard but i think people would manage as long as they got survival mentality and the will to survive of course its easy to say now when everything is fine and dandy but when shtf then i am sure people will be thinking differently .

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by PS3Geek
Well i like to think i am prepared not as much as others but i am still learning ( 21 yrs old go figure ) I currently don't have food stockpiled perhaps i should , i got one gun but brothers have more and some ammo .

That's great.
Most people our age don't really think so far, so keep up the good job.

Originally posted by PS3Geekpeople are asleep and don't ever want to be awaken to the truth if TSHTF then maybe people would realize this earth and our species is fragile .

It is, it really is. Not only is our planet fragile, it's also quite volatile and that's what people don't really think about. The the people in New Zealand ever thought they'd be stuck in an earth quake? But they were. Or how about the folks in Hurricane Katrina? Natural disasters occur quite frequent and it's up to us (not our governments) to make sure we'll make it out the other end alive.

Originally posted by PS3GeekPeople worship money as if its a god well maybe not that much but you get what i am saying and that's what agitates me people wanna live for BS reasons buy the biggest house , nicest car , be popular , etc /

Exactly my point, we're too taken up on our toys and we compete with one another to see who has the fastest car, biggest TV or nicest home... There's more to life then that!

Originally posted by PS3GeekAnother thing which agitates me is people think you have to work to have a life , don't i live my life waking up and going to bed at night .

There's much more to life then a 9 to 5 job and that monthly paycheck. Sometimes I wish I could just forget it all, go out in the woods and build me a home, hunt for my food and clothes. I could really live without all the modern equipment we have today. (Although I'll miss it!)

But take and join our forum, we've got quite a few people in their early 20's there who are just like you and I.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I Do...

I'm eager for the collapse of this frigging system... the mortal death of A-Holes, Users, Elites, Holier-than-U creeps...i think you all get my drift !

a world of 'nerds' would be OK by me... Macho-men might be reduced to thinking-respectful people...

good gawd let the lawyers, politicians, banksters get creamed in the SHTF blades & get chopped into sourkraut

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I would say that it depends on the "scenario", or the circumstances, but to be honest, after I saw the movie"The Road", my perspective on the matter changed...

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PS3Geek

me and my best friend are buying swords for 2012 just incase we are forced to live in a world of badassery after all modern everything goes offline. if that doesn't happen then we'll just have swords for decoration.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

Its good to talk to people online who have the same mindset as me which is why i love this site but that's not the point . I would like to live out in the woods too but it would be hard to get used to especially after living in a house for so long .

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
I Do...

I'm eager for the collapse of this frigging system... the mortal death of A-Holes, Users, Elites, Holier-than-U creeps...i think you all get my drift !

a world of 'nerds' would be OK by me... Macho-men might be reduced to thinking-respectful people...

good gawd let the lawyers, politicians, banksters get creamed in the SHTF blades & get chopped into sourkraut

I understand man these people will get whats coming to them soon enough man .

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
All of you armchair warrior, pseudo-survivalist types who think you would stand a chance in an environment like that, should really read this (if you haven't already). It is a PDF, written a number of years ago buy a man I would describe as a realist, for people who are deluded enough to think their existence and survival would be nothing more than "tough, but possible".

www.megaupload.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redge
I would say that it depends on the "scenario", or the circumstances, but to be honest, after I saw the movie"The Road", my perspective on the matter changed...

Love that movie especially when they're in the bunker with all the can food and other stuff pretty neat and yea that's what our world could look like in the near future sad but true .

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by inivux
All of you armchair warrior, pseudo-survivalist types who think you would stand a chance in an environment like that, should really read this (if you haven't already). It is a PDF, written a number of years ago buy a man I would describe as a realist, for people who are deluded enough to think their existence and survival would be nothing more than "tough, but possible".

www.megaupload.com...

Well i said before it would be hard and scary and how could it not i wish survival was easy but i know it won't be only thing i am worried about is hunting for food and gutting/preparing my meal . I like to be in the survival mindset that something could happen tomorrow , next month , or the year after that but won't know for sure .

I am not one of those people who thinks survival will be easy and an adventure movies and t.v shows brainwash people to think this way and while they're interesting to watch don't base survival as being that .

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

Gonna need a lil more then that buddy just saying .

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
we have plenty of historical examples from this through History
The French Revolution
The Spanish Civil War
Cambodian Killing Fields
Nazi Germany

I want the STHTF for the TPTB

I want to see the makers of misery reap what they sow for once ....I'm sick of murder, rape,multlation ,torture, engineered scarcity, slavery ,inequality,racism, the hopes and talents of millions that live in squalor sacrificed to the perversions of wealthy narciisists .

the SHTF scenario I want to see is them disappearing forever into the hell they made for the innocent ,if that happened you would see an instantaneous change in this Planets energy
I wish

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
we have plenty of historical examples from this through History
The French Revolution
The Spanish Civil War
Cambodian Killing Fields
Nazi Germany

I want the STHTF for the TPTB

I want to see the makers of misery reap what they sow for once ....I'm sick of murder, rape,multlation ,torture, engineered scarcity, slavery ,inequality,racism, the hopes and talents of millions that live in squalor sacrificed to the perversions of wealthy narciisists .

the SHTF scenario I want to see is them disappearing forever into the hell they made for the innocent ,if that happened you would see an instantaneous change in this Planets energy
I wish

This i can agree with and i totally agree with you on that this planet and many other things would be better off without them scum .

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I agree with what some of the people on here are saying. If the sh-t hit the fan and society as we know it crumbled it would be bad. Yeah, if you're prepared then you will have a leg up on the people who didn't prepare. However, you're going to have friends and family who will be starving, dieing, and suffering all around you.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

Swords????? You have to come up close - a baretta would take you out before you could draw your sword.

You are living in a Barbara Cartland fantasy............get real.

Swords whisper

Guns talk

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sosgeneral

Yes having food stockpiled and guns and ammo gives you a better chance of surviving but eventually that stuff will run out and then you will be just like the people who didn't prepare about to die .

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I think at first it would be hard but in the longrun I would probably be a happier person after a bad scenario. I live in a great area for it and I'm an outdoors person anyway and love backpacking. Many times while backpacking I will just wish I could keep going and never go back, its not easy or impossible to just live off the land in the pacific nw.

The hard reality is my family and friends wouldn't mostly be dead and I probably wouldn't be able to keep my 3 dogs alive. I don't know how I would handle the killing of another person and in the aftermath you are almost guaranteed to be in a kill or be killed scenario. It's hard to know what living with yourself after something like that would be like.

I would gladly trade my money, house ,cars and internet for a simple life without needing to work everyday.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
reply to post by PS3Geek

me and my best friend are buying swords for 2012 just incase we are forced to live in a world of badassery after all modern everything goes offline. if that doesn't happen then we'll just have swords for decoration.

Swords in a world of badassery?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join