It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof Jesus did not die for our sins!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Good day brothers/neighbors:

Im kinda "green" at threading--I grew up in the east Tn Church of God environment, so I do have a solid grasp on what I say.....here it is

man (adam and eve) lived in a paradise (eden) which was lost as punishment for a sin..

which is why man no longer has EDEN/paradise..because we are born with sin ..

Sooooooooooooooo... supposedly Jesus (admittingly by many religious scholars as not even his name) died on the cross for our sins.. right?? well then

Why wasn't Eden delivered back?? if it was taken away due to sin and Jesus died for our sins [i.e. Took our sins away]

edit on 10/1/2010 by JacKatMtn because: Fixed ALL CAPS Title

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
What are the ones for?

Jesus didn't die so you could waste a load of ones.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Because Eden existed as a place free of sin. Jesus only died to provide absolution for those who ask. Not everyone alive falls under the grace of his sacrifice - only those who accept it.

Jesus' death did not destroy the ability of sin to exist, it provided an escape from the repercussions of it.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Did God ever say that it would thus give it back?

Poster above me got to it as well, also I'd like to add further that we are still born with sin and baptism is the only way to cleanse it from what I recollect. So we still have sin when born and thus wouldn't get it back anyway.

edit on 1-10-2010 by Gigantea Rosa because: Adding something.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

Sorry but you can't prove he didn't die for our sins. As you can see from my signature I'm not a church person either, its just something you cant disprove so don't waste the energy.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Cant really find the proof in this OP. The bible and mostly in Revelation holds the promise that this garden of Eden would be re-intrduced on a world-wide scale AFTER the return of Joshua Christ

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

All you have is a theory, not proof.

There should be a penalty for putting PROOF in the thread title and not presenting it in the OP.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
What are the ones for?

1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 4

Thats how many replies it took to completely explain the answers to the questions posed.

It might also be how many years it will take until someone makes up something and labels it proof regarding the topic.

edit on 1-10-2010 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
did he die for our sins tho????

i thought he was murdered plain and simple, because tptb at the time were afraid of him. maybe im mistaken

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

proof?????1111 eden didnt go anywhere, our vision is manipulated to disquise it. sin is a perception of bad, which varies person to person. another sort of illusion.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Assuming the crucifxion story is accurate, I'd say Jesus didn't necessarily die for our sins, but rather for our understanding of human nature.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Well, Jesus never died for my sins, because, 1) I don't sin, and 2) I never asked anybody to do anything for me, particularly dying, and never for sins that I didn't commit. And I certainly am not going to feel obligated to worship or follow him for doing it, as some payment to get into Heaven.

"Hey, look! I painted your car for you! I know you didn't ask me to do it, and you say your car didn't need painted, and I painted it candy-apple purple, which you despise, but you still have to pay me for it!" Huh-uh. That's not gonna happen.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
PROOF JESUS DID NOT DIE FOR OUR SINS!!!!!!1111,

We're 7 all 7 screwed 7 then

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Well, Jesus never died for my sins, because, 1) I don't sin...

1 John 1:8-10:

If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.

Author: Apostle John, 60-65 A.D

3 BIG IF's

edit on 1-10-2010 by OldThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
about a 9 on the desperate and confused level a couple of you....op, too...
i need to meet with you and tell you all about this world face to face.
then i could convince you not to be known as a victim of this worlds lies. refuse to be a victim of him who hides the truth from you. just read john, the book of john, that's a look into what's going on. i dare you to do it!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I’m not religious, or into Jesus, and all that stuff.
But perhaps in some way, you could say,
Jesus died for our sins.
It could be an allegorical or metaphorical tale.
A metaphorical image!
The whole thing in a picture!
That resonates somewhere, at a deeper level.
He represents us, you and me, who must die to this world.
Before we can ascend to that heavenly place,
Or state of grace, we call …..

He dies on the cross, and the cross represents,
The quaternity that defines us
It’s all quite symbolic, and simple.
I suppose it could save you,
If you took it on board!

And the Garden of Eden, well,
Perhaps it’s a place, that’s really within us.
In our childhood, mankind’s childhood,
That golden age,
When we were young free and innocent,
And nearer to God,

Perhaps the Garden of Eden is heaven!
Or is that just obvious!

Should I have mentioned sin?
Or is it noticeable by its absence.

Jesus Christ, a simple man, much misunderstood!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Well, Jesus never died for my sins, because, 1) I don't sin...

If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.

Hey, what can I say? I don't sin. Prove me wrong.

I completely agree with this last one, although I wouldn't call Jesus as "liar," as much as I would say that he's been misrepresented by his followers. But his words on the subject certainly have no place in my life.

edit on 1-10-2010 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
David Koresh appears to have died for out sins. I met him once. Typical nice Jesus freak guy. Maybe he died for his sins, but ours seem to be attached.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Although the manual says you have to go through the process I understand where the OP is coming from. Adam and Eve sinned which got them tossed out. Now if Jesus died for your sins shouldn't you be able to get back into Eden once you accepted Jesus into your heart which rids you of the original sin plus any other you may have picked up on your own?

Why do you have to wait until after death to get back in? If your answer is because you have to be put through the test that is life than your God is a little sick.

You might say that it's because you can't take the flesh there but JC did and if accepting him into your heart cleans the flesh then you should be able to as well or at least you should be taken up without the flesh before you can sin again.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog
Why wasn't Eden delivered back?? if it was taken away due to sin and Jesus died for our sins [i.e. Took our sins away]

Have a look at Revelation chs 21-22, relating to the New Jerusalem.
That's Eden, being given back.
Look closely, and you will see "the tree of life", which is the part of Eden that matters.
Question answered.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join