It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple Threatened for Filming a UFO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
On 3rd September a Forres couple spotted a UFO from their window. They managed to capture a few seconds on their camera and went to the press.

The images show a bright, pink, largish, diamond-like object in the sky and then just disappearing. Moments later, a black object appears in the corner of the screen, appearing to come from roughly the same direction, but much higher in the sky with a small trailing light at the top of the screen.

Just a couple of hours after contacting the Forres Press they received a mysterious recorded telephone call warning them their bed and breakfast business would suffer if they continued telling their story.

"I was really surprised," he said. "It was a recorded message - a woman's voice - telling me to press various keys for further information."

www.forres-gazette.co.uk...

Strange story, if true. It's what we would expect from a sighting from the 40s or 50s, not 2010. Can't find the clip anywhere. Have they been scared off after all?

MOD EDIT: To fix the tags. "quote" tag is for quoting members. Quoting external material, use the "ex" tag.

edit on September 21st 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
That doesn't make any sense. Why would a recorded message be expected to scare these people? Has this kind of situation ever been heard of before? I haven't.

I don't find credible.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

lol the men in black are to buzy to scare the heck out of you due to a large amount of ufo air traffic you
are 10th in the que
it must be govenment cut backs please press 1 for bigfoot
press two for ufo
press three for abduction

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Some times message boards are told to delete a UFO post.
The Mexico US boarder sighting by the Mexico Air Force was on the guardian uk
site and was posted.
It was in papers and tv so some border was putting in a prank call to
the mod.
The mod announced the intrusion.
They are powerless and fear the uber agent giving them orders.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Please stop talking about your sighting or we will have to kill you. Have a great day!

Press 1 for further threats

Press 2 for death methods

Press 3 to arrange a meeting with the MIB

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Seems like a strange story right enough.

I do know that here in the UK, when you send an SMS text message to a landline telephone, the receiver, upon answering, is read the message by a robotic sounding voice software, much like the voice synthesis on your standard windows PC.

Is it possible some locals heard about their story and sent them a SMS to their landline in an effort to ridicule/mock them? or just for kicks maybe?

edit on 21-9-2010 by Morgil because: typo

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
So they get threatened by telephone and then tell the story to a "newspaper",Whats the name of the bed and breakfast ,i really want to stay there, now that it is well known.Hmm business must be a bit slow

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Morgil

You're probably spot on. Shame there's no clip to look at.
Loving these humorous replies though.
Dial 4 to hear them all again

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Did the message self destruct
2nd line

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Wigit.....

Unfortunately, this is already being discussed here.....

UK couple's sighting makes news, illicits phone threats

The written commentary aligns perfectly with the object being a chinese lantern.

The "diamond shaped object" in the photo (see below) is obviously an auto-focus effect & is also entirely consistent with the object being a chinese lantern.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/04f7ac3e196f.jpg[/atsimg]

I also note the mention of the close proximity of RAF Kinlos, who do parachute training - often using flares.

I am very suspicious the witness is playing all this up to increase patronage at his "Bed & Breakfast" business.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 21-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Additional info

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
if you read the article it says they were threatened after going to the press also it does not mention the name of his business so how can that promote it? there must be more than one b&b in the town

edit on 22-9-2010 by dashdespatch because: addition

edit on 22-9-2010 by dashdespatch because: typo

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

"I knew it wasn't a helicopter and I ran into the other room to get my cine camera."

This picture of a "diamond-shaped" pink object in the sky was taken from a film captured with a video camera by Don MacArthur.

Which was it? A cine camera or a video camera?

He dismissed the idea that it could be a burning chinese lantern - which are available for sale locally -

So although there are chinese lanterns known to be in the area...

"My son knows someone who filmed something which he thought was a UFO," he said. "They came and took his camera and kit away from him. It makes you wonder."

Who were they, exactly? And why have they been replaced by autodial?
Source.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a cine camera is a type of video camera albeit a rather ancient one

if he had seen chinese lanterns locally he would know exactly what they look like...this obviously looked diferent to him

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch
if you read the article it says they were threatened after going to the press also it does not mention the name of his business so how can that promote it? there must be more than one b&b in the town

Dashdespatch.....

The information in the article clearly identifies the people involved.

Therefore it will be easy to leverage publicity for their business.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

if he had seen chinese lanterns locally he would know exactly what they look like...this obviously looked diferent to him

DashDespatch.....

We have seen myriad examples of people claiming chinese lanterns are something somewhat more exotic..... :shk:

If you review the article & my post, you will see the case for the object being a chinese lantern is compelling

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 22-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Added link

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

My first instinct was: after they captured this UFO, they probably decided to capitalize on it and drum up some business by creating some bogus publicity surrounding the incident!
Because it makes no sense to threaten anyone who captures a UFO on film these days. What's the risk? Most people don't care anymore. We've become comfortably numb and immune!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

The threat must not have been to legit

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

DashDespatch.....

We have seen myriad examples of people claiming chinese lanterns are something somewhat more exotic..... :shk:

If you review the article & my post, you will see the case for the object being a chinese lantern is compelling

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 22-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Added link

Enough with the chinese lanterns mr dis-info! UFOs are not chinese lanterns
B&B owners aren't that simple.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
did a quick google business search (google maps) for that town 11 b&b s listed cant tie these peoples name and address up with any of them so i cant see how this "publicity" would do them any good

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'm thinking it's more likely the work of some random prankster than the couple themselves. A couple of hours between going to the press and them getting the phone call is enough for the story to have spread around a bit. And they probably told a few people, (who told their friends and so on), even before they went to the press.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join