It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK couple's sighting makes news, illicits phone threats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Hmm, while the actual footage doesn't appear to be anything spectacular IMHO, the follow up of a strange phone call DOES garner further attention...This isn't the first time we have heard these stories of threats following a sighting...Who is behind these types of activities and intimidations, and what are they trying to hide? Something to keep an eye on and see if we can uncover further data behind this...

A spokesman for RAF Kinloss said that there were no flares or anything else released on that Friday night, and no reports of anything unusual or any aircraft activity above the town at the time.

The mystery deepened further when Mr MacArthur received a phone call, with a recorded message telling him that to tell people he had seen a UFO would harm his bed and breakfast business.

"I was really surprised," he said. "It was a recorded message - a woman's voice - telling me to press various keys for further information."

Full Article:

www.forres-gazette.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This can happen with a British Telecom phone if someone send a text to you and you don't have the text service, your phone rings and a creepy robot like female voice reads the message to you and gives you various options.
I almost threw the phone across the room the first time it happened to me, it's really really creepy sounding, like a robot from the future is calling you

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

That would be an awesome joke!!

Chinese Lantern, maybe some laser pointers, mess with your neighbor for a little while, then text message something to their home phone, that way the get the creepy robot voice!

Halloween is coming up you know? I may have to try this on my buddies!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

DimensionalDetective.....

I read about this yesterday.

The written commentary aligns perfectly with the object being a chinese lantern.

The "diamond shaped object" in the photo (see below) is obviously an auto-focus effect & is also entirely consistent with the object being a chinese lantern.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/04f7ac3e196f.jpg[/atsimg]

I also note the mention of the close proximity of RAF Kinlos, who do parachute training - often using flares.

I am very suspicious the witness is playing all this up to increase patronage at his "Bed & Breakfast" business.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 17-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I totally agree with you Maybe, there's an air of smugness in the photo of him and the UFO is as you say a very well known zoom artifact.

A bit of self promotion....

A for effort, U for quality...

Btw, nice Alex Ross avatar there...

top topics

join