It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travis Walton (Moment Of Truth) Proof, Hes A Liar!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Mr. Walton, great to have to here. Is there some way that you can verify your identity? It would be greatelly appreciated.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It is possible that Mr. Walton is not lying, yet his information is not factual. We can trust the parts of the story that have multiple eye witnesses, this covers the initial encounter. The witnesses clearly saw some sort of levitating craft, this much we know from the testimony. But when we come to the actual abduction claims, these are questionable. Travis has said that he only remembered the details after hypnosis revealed them, this aspect of the case is where doubts arise. Is he consciously lying if it never actually happened, yet he came to believe that it did, because of the information brought out through hypnotic regression? Sometimes hypnosis can help solve crimes, and it uncovers data that proves to be real, criminals are brought to justice, but other times the process brings out information that is not based on real world events, and that means that any information gleaned using hypnotic techniques should be treated with extreme caution. Travis Walton may be a victim of the limitations of hypnosis as a reliable source of information retrieval. This would explain why he could fail a lie detector test, but not be maliciously lying about the event. After all is said and done, we have a fantastic, credible story by multiple witnesses, seeing a craft of advanced technology hovering and moving about. This is incredible on it's own, if Travis is mistaken or even outright lying, the basics of the story are still very strong.

Sometimes we let the questionable evidence rise far above a the level that it warrants. In the Barny and Betty Hill case, we forget that they saw a large flying saucer up close, replete with windows and living beings moving about within the ship WITHOUT HYPNOSIS! This is fantastic! The information obtained using hypnosis should be considered as secondary in these cases.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
The Travis Walton case is one of the very few that I put any stock in. I personally find his case compelling and am not prepared to call him a hoaxer or liar under the weight of current evidence. I suggest many of you put aside your prejudices and allow Travis to give us his explanations in his own words. Please refrain from being rude as these types of attitudes have foiled contributions from first hand witnesses on the forum before. Please keep it civil people! We are fortunate to have Travis here.

If it is indeed Travis, welcome to ATS mate!

IRM

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Infaredman.....

I agree with your sentiment.

I asked the Mods a few days ago if they could confirm this is Travis.

However, I have not received a reply, so I've not yet engaged in a dialogue with Travis.

I hope they get back to us.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

off topic...

Your avatars crack me up.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
For those interested in yet another interview from Travis can listen to it here.

This time the interview is done by ATS member Jeff Ritzmann and his partner Jeremy Vaeni.
In Paratopia they explore in-depth the high strangeness of the Paranormal.
Interviews with guests from inside and outside the paranormal venues.

At the end of the interview Jeff and his partner Jeremy did a sort of review.
All together a really interesting interview in my opinion.

Paratopia 76: Travis Walton
Remember the movie ''Fire In The Sky?''
Remember when the character of Travis Walton woke up in a cocoon he had to peel his way through, and all the gruesome experiments evil aliens did to him?
Yeah, well, that never happened. What did?
We have the real Travis Walton with us to give us the facts of that strange November night in 1975.

www.cyberears.com...

For more really interesting interviews look here.

www.cyberears.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
What a completely moronic thread. Polygraphs equal proof everybody! look at me, I'm Mr. Skeptic! I want proof! Me! me! Me! Science! Chess!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Welcome aboard, Travis.

I recently watched Fire In The Sky, and think it a great movie. Perhaps I should read the book to get the whole picture..I do think your story stands the test of time. It's hard to imagine what you went through.

Dan,
Fargo, ND

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
[snip] He also claims to have seen ‘UFOs’ much before he was ‘abducted’. So then, putting all this together it is almost certain that his so called abduction by a UFO never took place and it was more of hallucination. Or more importantly, seeing his psychological condition he made a perfect subject for manipulation by ‘suggestion’. By whom?

Personally, I do NOT believe in the theory of aliens abducting humans. But I do believe that the kidnapping is real. The fear is real. The pain is real. The instructions are real. But the so called little grey men from Zeti Reticuli are not real; they are constructs, Halloween masks meant to disguise the real faces of the controllers.

All this is probably nothing but covert psychological conditioning of citizens by secret black projects like MKULTRA, regarded by some as the most heinous of all CIA's disreputable covert operations — with its most secret area of study being psycho electronics. What is their aim? Probably psychological conditioning of the human mind to CONTROL humanity! But that’s for another thread.

Polygraph tests may not be 100% accurate. But in this case, an event like a supposed alien abduction should have shown up as ‘TRUE’ in the test as it would have been deeply ingrained in a person’s psyche if it did happen.Was it a scripted show that some have mentioned? Well, if Walton knew this was, what prompted him to agree to take part? Did he not know? Of course he did but went ahead.

So is this just a story spun for money and fame which backfired?

edit on 28/9/10 by masqua because: Removal of unproven accusation

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

just out of curiosity: did travis walton say little grey men from zeta reticuli abducted him? i don't remember most of the story.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Superb summary and perception.Really liked the "jigsaw puzzle" debunker analogy , good show.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

just out of curiosity: did travis walton say little grey men from zeta reticuli abducted him? i don't remember most of the story.

Good question and if he did NOT then its just typical debunkers "double talk" using false statements to ridicule and to desperately justify character assassination attempts.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

i don't know much about this case. listening to the interview linked above. i have no idea what to make of it.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Hi undo, because you said that you don't remember most of the story, I really can recommend you to listen to the interview of Travis in my above post from Paratopia.

reply to post by spacevisitor

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Travis here. My identity should have been confirmed by the personal email address I included in my first post. I understand the moderator's "snip" which removed it, that's fine. But by signing up and joining this forum I had to submit my email address and confirm it. I posted a similar response on my Face Book page.

It is NOT true that I didn't recall the incident until hypnosis. I did recall everything and did relate parts of it to others before hypnosis. The hypnosis was NOT "leading" in nature, there were many witnesses to the session. The main achievement of the hypnosis was to allow the recounting to occur in full without the overwhelming fear that had interfered with a complete beginning-to-end report.

The skeptic position offered here is laughable, but common among skeptics. For them, "failed" lie detector tests are perfectly reliable to disprove UFO reports, while passed lie detector tests prove nothing. So of course, the verdicts of tests like McCarthy's and the MOT's are held up as disproof of my case, even though the GAO, the American Polygraph Association and every reputable expert today has totally condemned the method used in both tests. The top experts in the world have gone on record to specifically completely reject any reliability to these two "tests". The method, even used as prescribed, is illegal in some states. On the other hand you have a multitude of properly conducted tests passed regarding the same issue. Yet which tests do the skeptics choose? Their bias and complete lack of objectivity are glaringly obvious. Even with a small percent of error rate, multiple tests add up. After the first 6 tests were passed by the crew Edward Gelb, President of the American Polygraph Association stated. "The odds against six people successfully deceiving a trained polygraph examiner on a single issue are over a million to one." Now the passed tests on this issue are 16 in number. Six witnesses testifying to seeing a murder, even without lie detector tests, would be sufficient to convict a person in a death penalty case in an American court of law. But when it's UFOs, for skeptics doubt abounds. Never mind that I have passed five other properly conducted tests. And yes, this doesn't even consider a lot of other non-polygraph supporting evidence.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Travis Walton

The video itself was the best evidence of the faulty findings, and most picked that up right away. Most people who experience abductions, continue to have them, though if there is a lot of fear, its not always conscious. I'm speaking as experiencer. Also they tend to run in families as well, as in my case. In most cases there is not a huge wave of fear surrounding the small bits of memories I have, except the childhood ones, where I panic for days, if a scene even widens. So the fear is a lot to do with memories, and what is allowed to recall. My older 19 year old son also only has memories of a siting of a grey, then sleep suggested and complied with, several episodes missing time, some physical wounds, and the memories he is allowed were neutral in 2 viewing screen type situations, being shown things, then having that taken away. We're only dealing with small parts of the whole, and those seem to be the most neutral or positive. You had a very significant memory of the entire event, which makes your case very much for awareness.

I'm really surprised and happy to read your posts. Warm wishes!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Nice one Mr_scepticc. I bet you didn't expect Travis to show up in your thread and completely destroy your argument, did you?

So are you prepared to repeat your claim and call him a liar to his face, as it were? Or are you man enough to apologise and admit you were wrong?

Time to show your quality

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I found the videos entertaining and enlightening.
Though I wonder if this was done intentionally
to Travis for an agenda. Most of the other
questions asked of him were about the UFO
encounter and he answered them truthfully.
I believe him despite what the test revealed
on this show. And he is correct, polygraphs
are sometimes wrong.

Precisely - what is the rationale behind trying to disprove a 35 year-old story, unless you needed to discredit one of the most believable abduction accounts of our time.

Especially, considering that we seem to be accelerating in a direction favoring his argument, not negating it: more sightings, close encounters, prominent figures coming forward, etc, than ever bofore.

Hell, just in the last two weeks:
- UN to appoint Earth contact for aliens
- U.S. Nuclear Weapons Have Been Compromised by Unidentified Aerial Objects

A little more than fishy.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
He was rescued not abducted.
He was the first Kramer that signed his life story away.
Under confidentially agreements with FBI or Tesla saucer patrol
Walton most likely has to fit an Aline story in his story.
He saw only humans at the base.
He saw three types of ships.
No wings.
No Aliens.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Personally, I do NOT believe in the theory of aliens abducting humans. But I do believe that the kidnapping is real. The fear is real. The pain is real. The instructions are real. But the so called little grey men from Zeti Reticuli are not real; they are constructs, Halloween masks meant to disguise the real faces of the controllers.

All this is probably nothing but covert psychological conditioning of citizens by secret black projects like MKULTRA, regarded by some as the most heinous of all CIA's disreputable covert operations — with its most secret area of study being psycho electronics. What is their aim? Probably psychological conditioning of the human mind to CONTROL humanity! But that’s for another thread.

You have to wonder if MK-ULTRA was anywhere near successful? Would we be water-boarding people in detainment camps or using extraordinary rendition if the approach worked?

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join