It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travis Walton (Moment Of Truth) Proof, Hes A Liar!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Part 1

Part 2 (The Lie)

As we learned from this video, not only has he been lying, but was always obsessed with ufos and non-sense!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

'The answer was false.'

Shock and horror!

I was feeling the tension in those last moments too! I don't think we're any closer to knowing what really happened. The questions that he supposedly answered correctly were related to aspects of his claims also. By that, it's at least indicative that the polygraph isn't accurate.

Flagged for posting it. It's an instant part of Travis Walton folklore.

Edit to add:

.... not only has he been lying, but was always obsessed with ufos and non-sense!

It strikes me as a bias when an interest in UFOs is cited as a character flaw or used to suggest mental weakness. CSICOP associates like James Oberg, Phil Klass, Michael Shermer and guys like Ian Ridpath and Dr Clark surely fall into the same category?.

edit on 19-9-2010 by Kandinsky because: bacon and eggs

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I found the videos entertaining and enlightening.
Though I wonder if this was done intentionally
to Travis for an agenda. Most of the other
questions asked of him were about the UFO
encounter and he answered them truthfully.
I believe him despite what the test revealed
on this show. And he is correct, polygraphs
are sometimes wrong.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Dear Mr_skepticc

This is a good one for your point of view.

Personally I don’t think it proves he is a liar.

There were 6 other people there and they have as far as I know always maintained the same story about the UFO and bolt of energy. Based on this something happened.

This is a show to sell air time in the US of A Hum, Is this what you watch over there.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I am not sure what I believe about Travis's story, but I will say that I do NOT think that this is conclusive proof that he was not abducted by aliens. Like the poster above me noted, how could he have answered all of the other questions truthfully but somehow this one was a lie?

Is it possible that something did happen that night, and he was "abducted" but not by aliens? This being the reason that he failed the last question? So possibly he consciously believes he was abducted by aliens but he subconsciously knows he was abducted by someone/something else? Or he consciously knows he was abducted by something/someone else but for some reason or another can't/won't admit they weren't "aliens"?

I don't really know.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Mr_skepticc.....

Thank you for posting that interesting video.

Albeit there have been major flaws in Walton’s story right from the beginning……

I view this as just another “piece” in the “Travis Walton puzzle”.

I still try to keep my mind open…..even if only extremely slightly…..to the possibility of such a thing.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
That was entertaining but I don't feel it proves he was lying. It was a TV show, and even the skeptic they brought on, Michael Shermer, doesn't think polygraphs are accurate.

www.skepdic.com...

"I don't know anything about lie detectors other than they scare the hell out of people." --Richard Nixon

edit on 19-9-2010 by freelance_zenarchist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
All I can say is, Why after all these years would he trivialize such an important part of his life by appearing on a garbage show such as this and make it look like he is after some money after all, I only watched about a minute of it and can tell its the same game show as every other one out there, The questions are all asked to him before the show and they allready know what his answers are going to be and are probably in fact told to him. This is shiat and now he looks like shiat too.

/respect off

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
Part 1

Part 2 (The Lie)

As we learned from this video, not only has he been lying, but was always obsessed with ufos and non-sense!

There is nothing wrong with being obsessed with ufos.

I learned from this video that he is not a liar and seeing his unbelief on his face after that outcome and beeing very aware of that case I am convinced that he is framed.

I am convinced that the result of that last question is framed, and I waited for such a thing to happen right from the beginning of the show.

Don’t forget that all his other answers where correct.

For those who still want to keep it all under wrap and who are so specialized in such kind of things, I am convinced that such a TV-show was/is no doubt the best time and moment for them to use it and making in this case Travis Walton due his claims looking as foolish as possible and turning him into a liar.

And obviously not without success.

Because do you really think that Travis who stick to the same incredible abduction story for more than a quarter of a century, without a break, he suddenly would change his story completely and that as they say his response to especially that question when he was connected to a lie-detector sometime before the show was conclusively deceptive, so not even a clear NO?

And why did they not show that lie-detector moment, or did I miss that?

And one must not forget the other witnesses who also saw that disc shaped craft hanging right above Travis.

I don’t buy it in any way.

My two euro-cents

edit on 19/9/10 by spacevisitor because: Add a few words and made a correction

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

A lie detector on a game show with a 100 people watching him,this is a joke mate.
A very good way to discredit him!!!!
Why would he do it if he lied?? he passed before and im sure a lot of people would love the greatest case discredited. I turned it off when i seen the setting, WHAT A INSULT TO INTELLIGENCE!!! A GAME SHOW LIE DETECTOR!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
There's a fairly recent interview with Travis Walton (June 2010) that I enjoyed listening too. You can grab it over here at WHFR Forum Podcast: Travis Walton.

He sounds sincere to me and that's not a bad thing at all. His account is very interesting and doesn't mean the end of the world one way or the other.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks Kandinsky ill have a listen after i go through all the others you gave me! thanks again!!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I see a few flaws in the questioning here, he was asked if he ever wished it was someone else abducted other than him (or something along those lines). He answered yes, and was truthful, but if he hadnt been abducted then this would of showed to be a lie, his own mind would of been telling him so................wouldnt it?.

The questions were aimed to discredit in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

What a set-up, someone please tell me how can he have had truthful responses all throughout the show and the last one be false?????????I for one believe his story.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Travis Walton is very fortunate to be alive and able to tell what happened to him.

It isn't always the case.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Just another way the msm controls the information,one of these days the truth will come out.there was one time in our history where a mans word was good enough,grant it i'm not nieve I've raised three children and could tell when they were lying a mile away.I believe the internet has made matters even worse it has become more of a way of telling lies than getting the truth out.Can someone tell me is it in our nature to lie all the time??

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
There's a lot more to the Travis Walton case than Travis.

How about the other witnesses?

Typical of debunkers to focus on one aspect of a case, rip it apart and then consider the totality debunked.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc

You believe you are such an intelligent skeptic yet you have complete faith in a sleazy "game show"? Go ahead and stay tuned to your trash TV. It's exactly what the PTB wants you to do.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I don't know if Travis really was abducted, but this whole thing looks like a total setup and a farce. This could easily be a hoax - how would any of us know that the producers of the show are not being paid off to create the answers desired by some outside agency?

Also, as far as I know, polygraph tests are notorously unreliable so there is no real way for us to know if the all the other questions were answered truthfully - or if the test results were truthfully analysed.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The Travis Walton story has more than enough holes to question it, this TV show is only silly entertainment.

www.debunker.com...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join