It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travis Walton (Moment Of Truth) Proof, Hes A Liar!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Everybody who has had an alien abduction is lying.

Sorry, but it's the truth.

They need something magical in their lives and hold on to the idea as long as they can.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thibotham
Everybody who has had an alien abduction is lying.

Sorry, but it's the truth.

They need something magical in their lives and hold on to the idea as long as they can.

Some, if not most of these abductees go through the most terrifying experiences in their life during their abduction. How that can be described as something magical is beyond me, i think a lot of people have jumped on the bandwagon, but i believe there is a genuine few who truly have experienced something out of the ordinary.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thibotham

And some people need to believe there are no aliens at all so they can keep their own narrow view of existence intact.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The majority of you believers seem so very upset over the results. I read that since the show does put peoples reputation on the line they have one of the best polygraph teams working for them. Travis thought they pulled it off once, why not now. So he decided to gamble on it, because he needed money of course. How do you think he would fail the most important question given to him, and fail! I will tell you why, short, sweet, and simple Hes A Liar!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

The majority of you believers seem so very upset over the results. I read that since the show does put peoples reputation on the line they have one of the best polygraph teams working for them. Travis thought they pulled it off once, why not now. So he decided to gamble on it, because he needed money of course. How do you think he would fail the most important question given to him, and fail! I will tell you why, short, sweet, and simple Hes A Liar!

C'mon Mr Skepticc, a true skeptic would address some of the points raised in the thread and not be so ready with the rhetoric as that last sentence. Why didn't the polygraph pick him up on some of the other answers? That's enough to make the final result inconclusive.

If you've decided to accept the last result and ignore the preceding ones, it suggests you're picking and choosing evidence to support a pre-fabricated conclusion.

It remains inconclusive imo and whether he's truthful, or not, most people would try to win a $100 000...it's no reflection on his character.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc

Ok mr skeptic. What about the people who have passed polygraph tests when it comes to ufo cases? Does that mean they are telling the truth? or does it only count when they fail?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Seriously, this totally looks like a complete setup. That should be obvious fom the way that they brought in the ever smirking/sneering Michael Shermer to ask the last two questions. The organizers of the show knew how it was going to end. As someone said, this is just entertainment. It certainly isn't science.

It was pretty naive of Travis Walton to go on the show, knowing that he would be setting himself up for someone's scam.

I should say again that I am very ambivalent about the veracity of Walton's case. I don't think we will ever know for certain what happened to him.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
If it all depends on a polygraph, I'd say that it doesn't prove or disprove his story one way or the other.

My own point of view is that UFO from various alien civilizations are really coming here, but I'm a nuts and bolts type. I stick with the reports of radar returns, ground trace evidence, testimony of pilots and other reliable witnesses, people who worked for the military and intelligence agencies who have come forward--often with stories confirmed by documents and other witnesses.

So that stuff I think is true. I'm am more uncomfortable with the "fringier" side of contactees, abductions, hypnosis and all that.

Going by this show, it sounds like he did see a UFO of some kind, but not that he was abducted or taken on board. he's friends saw him get zapped by the UFO and then took off. After that, I don't know what happened. Probably the hoax was formulated.

At best, I can only give this story a partially true.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I've always found the Betty and Barney Hill story pretty credible, although not this stuff about there being tousands or millions of abductees. I am especially uncomfortable at all with people who try to make some kind of religious or mystical experience out of it.

I've seen a UFO myself that I believe was ET, but there was nothing spiritual or religious about it. That's one side of "Ufology" that I never cared for.

edit on 19-9-2010 by witness63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53
Seriously, this totally looks like a complete setup. That should be obvious fom the way that they brought in the ever smirking/sneering Michael Shermer to ask the last two questions. The organizers of the show knew how it was going to end. As someone said, this is just entertainment. It certainly isn't science.

It was pretty naive of Travis Walton to go on the show, knowing that he would be setting himself up for someone's scam.

I should say again that I am very ambivalent about the veracity of Walton's case. I don't think we will ever know for certain what happened to him.

I agree with that. I never cared for Shermer, Klass, Condon and that whole crowd, either, although Condon was the worst of the bunch. I don't know of any of them who ever investigated a UFO report firsthard or even fairly reported the evidence. Condon wrote the conclusions to his report in advance and when half of the cases came back as unknown or unidentified, had them rewrite the report so that more of them were given "explantions" of some kind. What we know about the Condon Report today is absolutely damning, but it still stands--just like the Warren Commission still stands even though its conclusions have been shot full of holes in every possible way.

edit on 19-9-2010 by witness63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Travis took multiple lie detector tests shortly after his abduction experience, he passed all of them.

In my opinion, this is some cheesy spanish show rigging the results to stir up controversy and get more ratings and views.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Origin

I don't believe in aliens. I KNOW aliens exist, the universe is so incredibly large, it's literally infinite from a humans perspective, the chances of no life existing anywhere else are almost impossible.

When it comes to abductions though, they are all made-up stories or bad dreams. Seriously.

Whether negative or positive, it lets people escape from their mundane boring lives.

We really can not conclude on stories alone or lights in the sky, that aliens are actually visiting and stealing people out of their beds and operating on them and returning them. They are dreams and stories, that people want to make more out of.

edit on 19-9-2010 by Thibotham because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

Haha, you're Michael Shermer aren't you?

Listen, this game show robbed this guy out of his 100k. Show me the test results (evidence) Mike. nuff said.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catch_a_Fire
I see a few flaws in the questioning here, he was asked if he ever wished it was someone else abducted other than him (or something along those lines). He answered yes, and was truthful, but if he hadnt been abducted then this would of showed to be a lie, his own mind would of been telling him so................wouldnt it?.

The questions were aimed to discredit in my opinion.

Yes, very good point! Just the look on his family's faces tells it all. His daughter with her one eyebrow raised realizing at that moment that her dad had just been had and the show was out to discredit him. It would be in my opinion that they somehow get a copy of the test results and sue their asses. However, it would be in the show's best interest to have him sign a waver.

I call Shenanigans, Shenanigans!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc

Well, then all his buddies sure got lucky achieving the same results with their polygraphs. Nice straw man attack. And so what if he needs money. I need money, everyone needs money and if I knew I had a sure fire way to get it, why not? The show was rigged. How many times have you seen someone go all the way to the top? Let me answer that for you ZERO

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If you believe life exists elsewhere in the Universe

If you believe aliens visit our planet

But abductions don't happen, they're impossible?

That's ridiculous. I agree that most abduction cases are mostly bull because I've had my own encounter and it was nothing like typical abduction cases you read, it was pretty simple. Almost identical to an encounter with a ghost but with telepathic communication. I wrote about my encounter very recently and then the whole thread got deleted or moved, and the topic was all about abductions are the result some type of dreaming experience sorta thing. I disagree.

If aliens are visiting our planet, most certainly there have been encounters of the 3rd and 4th kind. If you believe in the Ancient Astronaut Theory, then right there Aliens are co-existing with Humans.

But the Travis Walton case does have some holes, I've heard this before, but I would like someone to post the "holes".

Also the Betty and Barney Hill case was debunked or challenged by Carl Sagan, and he explained the "holes" pretty well.

There is also the guy who filmed the blinking alien in his window, that was a hoax pretty sure.

There was also a recent thread about the abduction from an apartment in Brooklyn.

I don't think there are any really good abduction cases. Maybe Travis Walton is the closest one. Maybe someone can prove it a hoax right now, with evidence.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by game over manBut the Travis Walton case does have some holes, I've heard this before, but I would like someone to post the "holes".

I posted this link before but some may have missed it.

www.debunker.com...

This site does a good job summarizing the "case" and showing the problems related to it.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I believe that Travis is lying.

Here is a little story from a Snowflake resident of Travis's town who went to school with his son.

THE DAY THAT TRAVIS WALTON WAS ABDUCTED IS THE SAME DAY THAT THE AIRFORCE WAS DOING TRAINING IN THE WHITE MOUNTAINS, yes Travis got out of the truck and looked up in the sky at the weird lights that were above him and yes a spot light came all around him, and Mike Rogers drove off and left him and the spot light came on the truck which scared all the men in the truck, the spot light was only on them for a second, Mike drove to the diner which was twelve miles down the road called the red robin inn diner, MIKE WAS THE ONLY PERSON WHO WENT BACK TO PICK-UP TRAVIS FROM THE SPOT WHERE HE FOUND TRAVIS WHO WAS PASSED OUT FROM DRINKING AFTER THEY GOT DONE WITH WORK THAT DAY,they were going to lose there contracts in a couple days which was going to bankrup Travis and Mikes business

here

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
This was an obvious hit piece against Travis Walton. One thing I don't like about television is that people see it on here, most will believe it is true, when in reality it is merely entertainment.

Also polygraphs are not 100% accurate and they will not hold up in most courts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join