It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travis Walton (Moment Of Truth) Proof, Hes A Liar!!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The polygraph is not a very scientific machine, the interpreting of the results is not an exact science. But until we come up with something better I suppose they can be fairly accurate. I would wager to guess most famous contactees are bogus.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

Any type of spike in nervous system activity triggers the polygraph. It's merely measuring bandwidth and comparing spikes to a constant. So in other words, if you ask the heterosexual victim of a violent homosexual rape if they lied about being raped the day after it happened, the anxiety caused by that question would bounce those needles everywhere every time. They of course ask the same set of questions several times to give an average. I have a lot of experience in audio circuitry and am in college to obtain an electronic engineering degree. My depiction of the polygraph is very accurate. It's not a complicated machine as the examiners would lead you to believe and for that matter, many of them believe it to be.
It's in fact a glorified system of transducers and spectrum monitors such as an active equalizer display. Very basic, generic machines.

The polygraph has NOTHING to do with telling the truth or lying.
It merely relies on your comfort level with not simply the questions asked but even specific words used in those statements. Sociopathic liars can pass them and anxiety riddled on the fringe basket cases can not.

Just the words rape and faggot will trigger severe anxiety. The needles would slam the threshold rails.

So if you are at peace with something, you will pass no matter how severe the lie may be.
Sociopaths will pass lie detector tests. If you are not at peace with a question, there's a good chance you will seem to be deceptive.
For example, if you saw your best friend murdered by a stranger then for 3 years, were dragged in and out of the police station, in and out of court, in and out of jail and abused by being accused and called a murderer by most the people you know and strangers you don't, you may never be at peace with the question "did you murder *******?). You have been conditioned to have a stressful reaction. Dread, fear, anxiety, hatred et cetera overwhelm you every time and your nervous system spikes all over. Heart, body temp, muscle tension et cetera.

The word murder will trigger severe anxiety and general distress in the person under question.

Imagine being a man, born without a penis. After many years of abuse, failed relationships et cetera, the issue was so severe you were on very heavy anti-anxiety medications. You go into a polygraph test and some of the questions are things like, do you enjoy sex with women? Are you attracted to men? Have you had more than 10 sexual partners in the last 6 months? Pretty much any question relating to sex, sexuality and gender will send the polygraph needles off like YOUR world is coming to an end. Doesn't matter how many times they ask the same questions which is standard practice in a polygraph. Repeating the same questions.

This is of course compared to questions you are assumed to be comfortable with. What is your name? Did you grow up in the town of ********? Is your sister's name Mary? Do you drive a truck?

So either you are lying, truthful or if any question creates anxiety, the tests will be inconclusive.
In reality you are either at peace with some subjects or you are not or, you are a walking disaster of stress.
It is voodoo science and serves an agenda. Just review the techniques for interrogations that then allow answers to be taken out of context and used as confessions to crimes. You merely have to be tricked into statements that can be interpreted as a confession when compared to the evidence found.

Travis was put through the ringer and accused of lying for several decades.
Clearly he's not at peace with the question but it is not proof of a lie or a truth what so ever.
It merely proves he is not comfortable with the question.

I always offer this though.
I emailed him some years ago.
We talked briefly a few times through email.
To my questions, he repeated read the book.
My questions were merely his opinions about various extra terrestrial and UFO matters not addressed in the book. Brief simple questions you would think were no major task to answer and made it clear I wasn't going to keep on with them.
It did make me think "read the book" = "buy the book" but I have no certainty on that suspicion.

edit on 23-5-2012 by JonnyDeath because: Typos and background information

edit on 23-5-2012 by JonnyDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
The polygraph is not a very scientific machine, the interpreting of the results is not an exact science. But until we come up with something better I suppose they can be fairly accurate. I would wager to guess most famous contactees are bogus.

i always thought they had the truth drug thingy

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
were you abducted by a UFO?
were you flown by a plane?
were you driven by a car?

that question has an effed up syntax
maybe it should have been

were you abducted by beings in a UFO?

That said the debunkers arquements on this thread have been pathetic
( and unlike some debunkers I read the whole thread )
"You are not Travis Walton you are a lier" after the Mods verified he was?
the debunkers who said that were proven liers

crack is a scarry thing to have in ones skull
edit on 23-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus

get wired up then
back your opinion up

guessing on a thread like this is just a waste of characters left

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JonnyDeath

Thanks for your explanation. It pretty much confirms my suspicions that the much vaunted "polygraph test" is basically quack science/technology - not because the machines lie or the information is not related to the test subjects feelings, but that it simply does not do what it is purported to do, which is measure whether the test subject is telling the truth.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Travis Walton

Travis -

Have you ever tried getting a more accurate / full-length film done about your experiences in early Nov 1975?

The 'Fire in the Sky' film version as we all know was full of Hollywood hokum - and I think a large number of your supporters (and I am one of them) would like to see a more 'historical' version of 'what might have really really happened' e.g. the apparent appearances (manifestations?) of the tall Nordic types with their glass like helmets etc. as opposed to badly designed puppet like creatures from a bad Hollywood B movie....

Have you been able to have any 'hypnosis sessions' since 1975 and if so, have any of them been any help at all in trying to re-create those events since 1975?

If you could possibly tape yourself under hypnosis by a reputable hypnotherapist asking 'non-leading' questions that in itself would be a DocuDrama that I would very much be interested in looking at...and who knows, maybe some completely new information (long repressed by the mind) might come out at last...

Anyway, I think alot of people who read your book (like myself) were very disappointed by the corny film version and want something a little more factual up there on the screen - as opposed to puppet like creatures putting humanoids lying half-comatose in sticky goop !

Ideas?

edit on 19-6-2012 by Sigismundus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Reading Travis' posts I am at once enthralled by the idea he would come here and also ashamed at the treatment he got. The whole time his responses were back pedaling to demands of proof of identity and wether or not he passes the polygraph.

Sorry Travis, I for one wish you could just tell your tale and enlighten us with your notions about it. After all, you were the one exposed to what we only wish for. I been following your tale since the beginning and believe it. And I debunk everything... just ask members of ATS.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
They all saw a UFO fine, but why is Travis the lucky one to have a week of missing time, when all others had only an hour or two with some exceptions?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

Originally posted by Travis Walton
Whaaaaaaat? Huh? Duck? Please explain.

That if you are the real Travis Walton, and I doubt that you are, that in my opinion your claims and your cohorts' are all fake, scam. The real Walton was never abducted since no one has really been abducted 'cause we don't know if aliens really exist. All claims of abduction are hearsay. No evidence. And the real Walton saw an opportunity for a quick buck and the rest is history. I'm one member who will continue to call you a faker. Nothing the real Walton will say will ever convince me that he was abducted. Group scam.

LOL, banned, why am I not surprised...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

So by your reasoning polygraph tests serve as "proof" correct? So if an abductee passes a polygraph that is proof that it did in fact happen right?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Why, why all who claim abduction and alien encounters are NEVER tested with lie detector plus serum? If I got one, I would tie him up, drink him with a high dose serum and see what the lie detector shows. So simpe tests never done for any abduction stories...

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
To be fair I hardly doubt Mr. Walton is fabricating his whole abduction story. I truly believe he encountered something mysterious in 1975, likely what he said had happened. I have seen numerous interviews and footage of his testimony and in each case he seems calm, rational and descriptive. And he said everything in such a manner that could not be mimicked by even the best actor in Hollywood. I, for one, believe his story.

However, there is some doubt as to what type of creature he actually encountered. Some Ufologists think it was the Greys, while others think it was Reptilians, or even Insectoids. In truth I do not recall Mr. Walton actually stating which species of being he encountered. Perhaps it was part of the so-called screen memory that made this part of the memory vague.

There are some, including myself , who think that many ETs are actually manifestations of demonic forces. I'm not saying that there are no ETs for sure, just that demons love to confuse people by imitating other beings. As far as whether Mr. Walton encountered ETs or demons...I can't say. But I do believe he encountered something otherworldly and humanity as a whole should treat him with more credibility. There are other beings in existence and regardless of their intentions of us, we need to be on guard.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Thibotham
[more

Reports of abductions by non-human beings are as old as humanity itself. People in the Bronze Age often had beliefs that "nymphs" and "nature spirits" could steal them away if they weren't careful. Whole belief systems were formed around this idea.

People during the Middle Ages in Europe were deathly afraid of elves and faeiries that could carry them off to Faerie World where they could use them as slaves. Likewise they believed that demons could sneak into their homes and drag them away.

More recently, beings flying in spacecraft and abducting people for medical experiments have been reported by thousands of people.

If you do a little research, you will see that starnge beings have always been around humanity, abducting them. Whether you call them Demons, Faeries, or Aliens...it doesn't really matter. Something has been going on for millenia. Every myth and legend has a basis in fact.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
old thread and my first post but just watched the vids of the gameshow and have to say what a load of BS!

For me the most fundamental thing here is that it seems like a complete set up to debunk Travis.

Lots of people have been commenting on polygraph tests and being right or wrong. But i think everyone is missing the obvious!!

You all believe what is spoon fed by the media, I dont think that there was even a polygraph going on just some person behind the scenes saying "True" or "False". Leading him all the way to magic last question for them to say "FAKER", seems so obvious to me. You can see that he looked genuinely surprised when it said false, cant believe even he was so naive to let a national TV back up his story.

Come on people we all know how corrupt the media is.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
They all saw a UFO fine, but why is Travis the lucky one to have a week of missing time, when all others had only an hour or two with some exceptions?

Do you not know the story? Travis is the only one who was curious about the craft, everybody else ran back to the truck as fast as possible. According to the story when Travis ran up to the ship he was hit with a beam (accidental or not?) and was possibly injured so the aliens took him to "fix him" at least that's what I gleamed from a recent interview with him on C2C.

Just got around to viewing the moment of truth video and was complete bogus and an obvious setup to discredit another bastion of ufology.

edit on 23-8-2012 by kronos11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kronos11
Do you not know the story?

No. Lol tricky question.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I am reading Sleeper's big thread: I’m coming clean on Extraterrestrials

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Travis went for a ride and was shown some bizarre stuff, he came back and explained it the best he could, and I have to say extremely accurate, having seen and been through some of what he has.

They allowed him to remember so that he could come back and have a movie made about his ordeal, they also made sure he had witnesses---something most abductees don’t have.

But to judge his story about that tanker filled with human gore---and equate that to evil ETs is unrealistic. First of all inside that ship exist many dimensions and the ship was a dimensional transport, and people were cocooned for the trip---matter as we know it becomes like jelly, and soupy under certain conditions.

Once Travis escaped from the protection of the cocoon who knows what his physical body looked like, he may have expanded like a water balloon---and if so lots of reconstruction took place to get him back to normal.

Now, the first part I realized. ET did some disclosure in this case, for they had witnesses, lie detectors, that they ALL HAVE PASSED REPEATEDLY, and a movie made. Pretty good disclosure.

But this is quite a look on the cocoon part.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Walton was actually on the new show Chasing UFOs recently and they were doing a case study of that entire incident. Walton looked lost and confused and like he didnt know what the hell he was doing/talking about when they got the "scene" of where it supposedly happened. It was almost as if he was making stuff up, or trying to, as they went along.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
And there was some other thread about thus Travis Walto and some poster was like 'Thanks Mr Walton! You are doing so great! I love you!' *kiss ass* *kiss ass* *kiss ass for a third time* and I was bad for bashing that one.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join