It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Wanna Fight? ATS Debate Tournament (Tournament Update)

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

And it's chissler!!!

There.. it was me! I'm the one who complained about my name being capitalized in the title. ...it was meee!

Don't look at me with that judgment!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by chissler

I was intentionally writing your name capitalized. You DID see my comment earlier?

Capitalization vs capitulation.

Sometimes my humor is way out there and more on the wordplay of things. Pretty dry. A lot of times no one gets it. My father use to tell me I would of made a good Brit.
edit on 5-11-2010 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

My father use to tell me I would of made a good Brit.

We're offended!!..

edit on 5-11-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

No reason to be offended, I love watching almost all the Brit humor, does not mean I can pull it off.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I'm joking.

You would make a great Brit really.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I would be offended.

Hell, we're offended he's American

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Judging remains underway. All results will be announced simultaneously. Sorry to keep you in suspense.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Judging remains underway. All results will be announced simultaneously. Sorry to keep you in suspense.

Have all the first round debates been concluded at this point?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

It looks like KrazyJethro and ModernAcademia each have a couple posts left in their debate.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Thanks for letting me know. I didn't think everyone was finished yet, but I get confused easily!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Very strong possibility that results will be announced this evening. Thanks for being patient everyone.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Wow, that's awesome news. Thanks alot for letting us know.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Announcements have begun, but it may still be just a little bit of a slow process. All will be posted before I leave for the night.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Congratulations to All First-Rounders who finished their debate (three didnt even finish). Those were some very hard-fought debates, espcially Hotbakedtader vs. Memory Shock. Congratulations to all who proceed to Round 2. I look forward to learning by reading your Debates.

RisingAgainst, thanks for the Debate. Im telling you, its damn difficult to argue that b/w movies are better than colour movies. You fought well and II look forward to seeing you at the Next Tournament.

Airspoon - we`ve been handed one hell of a topic and I get to argue the exact opposite of what I believe. Maybe your side is also the exact opposite of what you believe.

I think whoever chose this Debate and the sides may not have done so randomly

Good Luck. From seeing your threads in the last months, I respect your Debate Skills!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
All winners have been announced. New debate threads have been posted but are currently locked.

I should be away for a couple days starting first thing tomorrow morning, so what I'm going to do is ask semperfortis to unlock the threads when its time to start. (Feel free to talk amongst yourselves if you would like to try and agree on a weekend break or on starting ASAP or on having another opening statement grace period like last round)

I'm not sure exactly when they will be opened yet, but everyone does need to have advanced notice of the new round starting before the clock begins to tick.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Requesting topic clarification:

"The internet is a viable medium for affecting dramatic change in the physical world”

I presume that is a typo, and the intended topic was: "The internet is a viable medium for effecting dramatic change in the physical world”

To "affect change" would be to alter change that is already occuring.

To "effect change" would be to "bring about" or to cause change to occur.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Sky, thank you for the debate also! I may have lost, but I had alot of fun doing so and you more than deserved to be in the next round.

Hope to see you in the debate forum sometime again in the future.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I wanted to thank MemoryShock for the great debate. As a first time fighter, I am proud of my efforts and eager to do it again next time! Good luck, to all who advanced!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
OK

Let's figure this out...

1. Do you want to start ASAP, as in tomorrow morning? (If so, I'll unlock the threads at midnight tonight)

2. Do you want to wait until Monday? (Unlocking them at midnight Sunday)

What say you all???

Semper

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Do you want to start ASAP
Do you want to wait until Monday?

People who have been waiting around for the first round to finish could reasonably use some lead-in time. For example, I already have my opening written, and if you were to unlock the threads right now, it's entirely possible that my opponent wouldn't even know round two had started until he only had a couple hours left to compose a reply.

I propose threads be unlocked after 24 hours, and the first 24 hour timer can begin then.

In general, I would personally prefer to start sooner than later, but if others want to wait until Monday, I don't particularly object to it.

edit on 12-11-2010 by LordBucket because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join