It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 Updates Thread - #(UPDATE Nov. 10)#

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I'm sick of this crap. My page about changing the layout never once got a post from an admin about the possibility of it being implemented in the future. Then finally a mod comes in but it's to close the thread and tell me to come here.
WELL I'VE BEEN HERE BEFORE AND THERE WAS STILL NO RESOLUTION. give me a break this websites a joke now

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
I'm sick of this crap. My page about changing the layout never once got a post from an admin about the possibility of it being implemented in the future. Then finally a mod comes in but it's to close the thread and tell me to come here.
WELL I'VE BEEN HERE BEFORE AND THERE WAS STILL NO RESOLUTION. give me a break this websites a joke now

This is the new design. The old one is gone. It is history. Im sorry you do not like it and sorry you think ATS is a joke. Many people love it. Can not please everyone, that is for sure.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

It's impossible to stay on top of multiple threads regarding the new "ATS.2010" changes. What is the issue you experience?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
SO, not to add to your distress or anything, but now link formatting appears to be messed up.

I am pretty sure I got the formatting of this link in this post right, but it is adding a space at the [/ url]

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is there a work around?

The standard work-around for this problem is to put a space before the closing tag. So, if you have:

[url=http://reallylongurl.com]Link[/url]

Change it to:

[url=http://reallylongurl.com]Link [/url]

Notice the space before the "[/url]". I tried this with your link and it fixed it.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Thanks much...I'll try that.

EDIT: Nope, guess I won't try that....4 hour edit time expired.

I'll keep it in mind though for the future!

edit on Thu Sep 30th 2010 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

No I had not seen that, but it must be new, cause it wasn't there last night!

Thanks SO!

(I agree with other posters - SO looks like he's been to hell and back! LOL!)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Everytime I log into this site, I imediatly check this thread to see the updates.

It gets better and better everyday. The hard work is paying off, these new aditions ( thread layout and the side scroller for new threads etc,) are incredibly usefull and add a totally new dimension to ATS browsing.

I'm kind of sad that eventually it will be complete. I kinda wish that there'd be updates continuously for years lol . But then again SO's avatar speaks for itself!

Keep it up.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I created a thread in the "Board Business" forum and was directed to place my issue here. What follows is the exact text of my post.

---

Overall I don't have a problem with the new layout. I'm pretty open and adaptable to changes. There is one thing that bugs me, however.

It seems that everything in "quote" tags has become italicized. This prevents actual italics used in the quoted text from having any distinguishing quality from the rest of the text. While italicizing quotes is sometimes used in writing, I think it's unnecessary on a site that already puts the quotes in a special box.

Just to make sure I'm not crazy, I'll put a test here.

The only word in this sentence that has italics tags around it is the preceding word "italics".

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I don't really care about the color scheme. looks ok to me.

I don't really care about the layouts... they look ok to me.

I don't even care about the letters and numbers where there used to be flags and stars, then a rating, then a bar that filled up to show flag contribution, now a series of numbers and letters....(might as well just go binary and get that one over with though)

This is still my favorite site.

Just do us a favor please. When this site upgrade is all done, give us some time to figure everything out before you change it all again.

Now, how can I make my signature big enough to be legible?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Putting it in a link works

One bug I noticed... on each thread, the last post seems to be cut off at the top. I can do a capture if needed. No biggy but I have to wait to star that post until someone else posts

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Does anyone know if the "BOARD" is still available, I've tried to find it but to no avail.

Also, are the drop down menus along the top coming back or are they staying like this?

All the best, kiwi

edit on 1-10-2010 by kiwifoot because: spelling

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

"Board" is now the "Forums" button at the top, I think. Dunno about the menus.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
reply to post by kiwifoot

"Board" is now the "Forums" button at the top, I think. Dunno about the menus.

-TheAssoc.

Sir, you're a Legend, thanks.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

^^ What he said! Times like 200,000!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I can't make heads or tails of this new layout, and I've been here for years so I can imagine the confusion a noob would have visiting ATS for the first time. It's busy, confusing, and for the first time in a long time I opened ATS, clicked a few things trying to find the regular recent topics forum and gave up. I understand and appreciate the work that must have went into this, but blech.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
It seems there is an issue with custom line 1 & 2.
I just had to remove one of my lines as the two merged together and there seems to be no way of separating them into tow separate lines again.

Anyone know if this is a permanent change or if it's just a temporary problem that will be resolved?

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
It seems there is an issue with custom line 1 & 2.
I just had to remove one of my lines as the two merged together and there seems to be no way of separating them into tow separate lines again.

Anyone know if this is a permanent change or if it's just a temporary problem that will be resolved?
I used nbsp between the words of my second line so that the wrap would happen where I wanted it to.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Re-posted, Thanks guys i am in no real rush and i understand you have alot on your plates,

Hi guys in stuck, On SOXMIS,s thread "A curious nazi occult tale" I can only scroll down (on page 11) so far?
I know RmpSgt posted a reply but it doesn't show on my browser any ideas anyone..

It was suggested their was a problem with one of my post pictures please feel free to"edit" (I am sure SOXMIS wont mind)

As i said no real rush ill survive.., Don't forget its the weekend So get Overlord to dig deep and get "the team" a nice crate of fine wine for all the squads hard work.....

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

In reality, there never was two lines, always one... we just made it seem that way.

Put an HTML break tag between lines 1 and 2 --->

That will split the lines where you want them split.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone
On SOXMIS,s thread "A curious nazi occult tale" I can only scroll down (on page 11) so far?
I know RmpSgt posted a reply but it doesn't show on my browser any ideas anyone..

It was suggested their was a problem with one of my post pictures please feel free to"edit" (I am sure SOXMIS wont mind)

I can add, if it helps, that there is a similar oddity, with what looks like a similar cause, on the 2nd page of the "Conspiracies against the Talmud" thread.
The OP posts a whole series of images. The apparent result is that the next post, by Michael Cecil, is lost to view. Also the time-stamps of the remaining posts on that page suddenly go into light gray italics (not very readable). So this looks like a second case where posting images upsets the coding of the rest of the page.

UPDATE This now looks cured, by an edit from SO, who is obviously on the ball.

edit on 1-10-2010 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join