It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Unveils Domestically-Built Drone

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I present to you....the Boeing X-37B:

en.wikipedia.org...

Originally posted by 2ruthbtold
Wow thats kinda scary, drones are the most efficient tools that we in the US or the world have. As far as I know???

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
On one hand it's an accomplishment for them having built it with all the embargoes and trade restrictions and on the other hand four fingers and a thumb.

And let's face it, it does look a bit retro..it's only missing a chrome bumper (fender?) and some furry dice. Looks like a V1 doodlebug.

It will do nothing but further tensions in the region, not that I have a problem with Iran having their own defense systems. Sadly I think they made need them.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
"President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said the plane could serve as a "messenger of death", but that its key message was one of friendship."

LOL

I definitely want to try whatever he's smoking! It must be freaking good.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
It would be nice, if, just once the technical accomplishments of another country outside of western influence was lauded on ATS, instead of being met with sarcastic derision fuelled by unoriginal thinking bought about by media programming

Don't you think?

I guess I could say that the design looks very stealthy!

But I would be lying!

I guess I could say that the avionics probably match right up to what western nations have, but we don't know that do we?

I could say that it has a nice paint job. There, I found something nice to say.

ETA: That design has everything to do with western design, about 50 years ago.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
"President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said the plane could serve as a "messenger of death", but that its key message was one of friendship."

LOL

I definitely want to try whatever he's smoking! It must be freaking good.

whats the quote, if you want peace preper for war?
if by means of having weapons that can be used against others in self defence or counter strike. they have something to keep others from attacking, hence keep the peace,

like most gun nuts in the US go on about knowing if your neigbour has a gun and you have a gun would you break into their home? (something along those lines)

reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

look no more futher then the white house, which other country bows down to the leadership of another, the US has people in power who first need to be approved by AIPAC and even after that israel has the power to pull strings and can decide what the US does with a single phone call

reply to post by hillbilly4rent

looking at the weaponry forum on this site
shows alot more praise for the US, Israel and so forth on new gear they roll out
and to be able to produce your own gear is an achievment

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man
whats the quote, if you want peace preper for war?

Yeah yeah, I know all that, it's just that the exact phrasing in Ahmadinejad's speech (translation) was pretty hilarious.

Just like other readers, the drone strikes me with its V-1 resemblance. Does anybody know what's the powerplant?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Well, that "drone" looks like something from James Bond's "goldenfinger" and most probably purchased off eBay.

Seriously, that thing might be able to fly up to 200km one day unlike Israel's that DOES have stealthy attributes and is quite capable of flying distances up to 2000km+.

Iran's Ahmadinejad must think we in the West are so dumb and ignorant; if he in all honesty thinks that old WW2 lookalike is supposed to scare the pants off us then he's in for a mighty fright. Iran MIGHT be able to get it off the ground in afew weeks but last I heard one of these backfired and almost hit one of his nuclear reactors last week.

Hardly a day goes by when Ahmadinejad does'nt entertain me with some other kind of Iranian invention that does'nt work.

Perhaps Ahmadinejad is now more worried about Israel's new Chief of Staff Yoav Galant than he is of the USA right now (?). Yoav Galant's greatest mentor was in fact Ariel Sharon....

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I just took another look at the 'drone'.

For what it looks like, they should put that dangling iron bomb and put in the nose of the drone. Then they can call it a cruise missile. Putting the bomb inside would do wonders for its stealthiness.

And speaking of that dangling iron bomb, does Iran have a JDAM equivalent bomb? If not, how much precision will they get with that bomb?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Not from Iran. C'mon you have GOT to know that about ATS by now

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty

So Iran has it's own automated drones now it seems.

Along with it's upcoming nuclear program it seems that there is more of a balance with the US when it comes to defensive power.

Yea I don't think a a drone/ALCM is defensive in any means except serving as a deterrent.

Although this may not seem like a major threat, I don't doubt the possibility of this finding its way into Syria etc. and being used in a stand off strategic capability against Israel in a future war ..
a la the C-802 that smacked the Israeli stealth corvette smack down the center! ~ouch~

austinbay.net...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2ruthbtold
Could you imagine, basically a remote control aircraft(DRONE) being used as a terrorist weapon! It's just a matter of time and I think the producer of the weapon has got to be held accountable. THIS COULD BE HHHUUUGGGEEEE!!! In the wrong hands

Kinda like how the CIA uses American-built drones every single day to assassinate a handful of "targets" and a couple dozen or so civvies packed into small houses in rural Afghanistan or Pakistan or Somalia or anywhere in the world for the matter. But I guess that's called democracy, not terrorism.

These new drones are just unveiled yet lots of people feel like painting Iran as some terror army with evil high-tech weapons

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
These new drones are just unveiled yet lots of people feel like painting Iran as some terror army with evil high-tech weapons

They had to do something since they are running out of suicide bombers that would take 100 bucks to press the red button, well running out of the dumb ones...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

They had to do something since they are running out of suicide bombers that would take 100 bucks to press the red button, well running out of the dumb ones...

You seem to know the situation there pretty well. Well enough for you to take a plane there and join the conflict? Maybe since you know so much about it you can go to Iran and buy some dumb suicide bombers for $100 and win the war all by yourself, eh Rambo?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

We probably sold it to them.
No really i bet we did.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Top secret video of the ambassador of deaths test flight.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Those crazy Iranians!!! Ambassador of Death? Are you freaking kidding me? LMAO!!!!! These folks are showing justb how stupid they really are.

Hey look we're in 5th grade. Check out my new ambassador of death super destroyer of the worlds jet.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Wackjob's next upgrade on the "Ambassador of Death"

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Do you people even know what you're talking about? The drone is called "Kassar" and the whole "ambassador of death and bringer of peace" thing is a description of its purpose, not its name. I come here for analysis from experts, not people who get their propaganda packaged straight from Fox news.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Do you people even know what you're talking about? The drone is called "Kassar" and the whole "ambassador of death and bringer of peace" thing is a description of its purpose, not its name. I come here for analysis from experts, not people who get their propaganda packaged straight from Fox news.
My news came from here and a google search. Did not click on Fox.

Very little info, technically speaking.

One look at the photo of it tells you why.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
LMAO!!! Bro if you come here for analysis from experts, let me tell you that you took a left turn in Wrong-ville about 300 miles back! Have fun.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join