It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucus And The Return Of Planet X!

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by remymartin

Hmm..I thought the 360-day calendar was Jewish and was changed by the Romans to 365 days??

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Nonchalant

Ancient egyptians mourned the days of the dead for the 5 days didnt they because of the last cataclysm?
5 days to remember the fallen?

edit on 2-10-2010 by rajaten because: cos

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The Egyptian calendar had 5 extra days, because it was clear that the year was 365 days long, not 360.

The Egyptian Calendar System

The ancient Hebrew calendar was based on the Sumerian calendar, which was a lunar calendar. The Romans made use of the Egyptian calendar, which was solar based. Julius makes it a 365 day calendar. Augustus adds leap years.

History of Calendars

Lucus' claims about the calendar are just the claims of a person who is a hoaxer.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
New evidence for nemesis:

enjoi

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

You are resurrecting a thread from a bad mouth that got banned to post a discredited video showing a lens flare. You have a long history of posting lens flare videos. I figured by now you'd know better.

This video is being thrashed to pieces in the following thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Yep would have to agree with you on that one lens flare it is it is still so surprising that people can't figure that out still takes two seconds to try did it a couple of years ago and saw the effect. Stereo I can see your just trying to get people to see things right I tried the same thing too with someones facebook page he didn't want to hear facts and banned me from the group.

But I think he was a major crack pot and so were the rest that believed what he was saying with research into the subject as they told him to turn off his computer if he heard them and that Nibiru was still on track.

I only say this to try and see what motivates you to keep trying to get people to see reality as I would surely just give up on it especially when people just keep calling you a disinfo agent. I know we haven't seen eye to eye but from something you say I have looked into it further and seen how things really work.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

Thank you.

Lens flares are really neat I think. They are used in movies all of the time to make a shot more interesting.

There may even be a sun dog in the images. A sun dog is a common atmospheric effect. I recently showed some adults one and they told me that they had never noticed them before. I was shocked since they happen in the northern hemisphere on average 3 times a week.

The world is amazing without the nonsense of telling people that the sun dog is a new planet. I recently saw part of what is known as an upper tangential arc. It's embarrassing to admit, but it was the first time I noticed one. I think I've been overlooking them. Everyone needs to keep looking around. There are all sorts of wonderful things to see and enjoy.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

How can this be a lens flare when there is no sun?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Rajaten, interesting stuff.. thanks. Though I will keep my "skepticles" on, this nibiru stuff is pretty fascinating. In the last video it would be helpful if the guy would zoom out and show some scenery for perspective, maybe show the moon too.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Also how easy is it to make a photo show what you claim as well if it was a video might be a different story as everything he points out would move with it so this is even more evidence against it. The fact that what would be happening to every other planet in our solar system including our own is another. There still is no evidence of this planet or anyone setting up for it's apparent arrival also Sitchen the one who even told everyone of this apparent planet said 2100's sometime so it still wont be here if it did exist. Now this is the 3rd arrival date that people have talked about when is everyone going to learn that it's never going to happen the date is just going to be moved more and more each time it doesn't happen. As I have told others many times before we have more of a chance of WWIII happening than this pretend planet coming.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Here is that pointless video again. I'm betting on something out of focus being shown.

Then again the video is so poorly shot with no frame of reference that it is meaningless.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

What the hell does that video even prove looks like the moon being called Nibiru he doesn't even go from one to the other if you believe that I'm afraid your more gullible than what i thought and if it was so easily seen why isn't there hundreds of videos out of it come on common sense at least please.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I don't mean to dig up an old thread, but damn - this is such a good post. You know its good when Stereoligist is all over it. Lets be serious for a moment Stereo - Lucas is presenting information - thats all. He be very very little amounts of personal opinion - only credible facts. He even says when it is his conjecture.

This needs to be revisited - and I need to get 20 posts. I have an interesting story to post.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by walkinglucid

Except when you question his speculation he treats it as fact. Then there's also the case that a lot of his speculation is based on faulty information. For example a meteor that struck a town somewhere in South America I believe. I only one preliminary article that claimed the meteor actually impacted, however, Lucus published this on his site and when we questioned him about it he was very vehement that it happened. There's a reason Lucus has been banned from every major conspiracy forum. He is not willing to review any of his findings and if you questions his conclusions or his methods he will resort to ad hominems rather than trying to civilly discuss the matter.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I don't mean to dig up an old thread, but damn - this is such a good post. You know its good when Stereoligist is all over it. Lets be serious for a moment Stereo - Lucas is presenting information - thats all. He be very very little amounts of personal opinion - only credible facts. He even says when it is his conjecture.

That's completely false. Lucus would like you to believe that and he says that often.

A simple example is his explanation of rock art. He states that spirals are signs of danger. That is his opinion. Where is this fact or information? Nowhere at all. He claims in the videos that people are shielding themselves from danger. That is not information or fact, but his opinion.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Xcalibur254 is quite correct in the claim that a meteorite impacted a town in South America. The mayor is quoted with that claim in a single article in 1 newspaper. The impact did not happen.

Lucus went on to claim that fireballs were increasing in frequency. He used a few newspaper accounts to support his claim. He was not interested in learning that several thousand fireballs occur each day.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Regardless of it being LUCUS' opinion, you can not deny the fact that there is something of interest here. The realty is that petrographic data is incredibly hard to interpret. How ironic, that we modern humans find it difficult to comprehend the meanings of our simple minded ancestors.

We can only speculate as to what it truly means - but that does not mean there is no proof to support Lucus' claims. Do some reading on Birkeland currents and its connection to spiral petroglyphs.

Such a current would be produced if the solar flux from the Sun were to increase one or two magnitudes or if another source of plasma were to enter the solar system.

www.scribd.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.plasma-universe.com...

It does not take a rocket scientist to put these connections together.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

The realty is that petrographic data is incredibly hard to interpret.

That's correct. Yet Lucus says he is only providing facts as he makes wild and unfounded speculations. He provides no facts. He provides nothing but opinions to support his failed claims.

How ironic, that we modern humans find it difficult to comprehend the meanings of our simple minded ancestors.

1. Why do you call it ironic?
2. Why do you claim they were simple minded?
The petroglyphs are rather recent in origin. Many are less than 1000 years old. The oldest ones are at most 10,000 years old in North America. They were made by people like you and I. The reason we do not understand the images well is that the images are not a written language or if they are there is not enough information to decipher that language.

You might want to do some reading on spiral petroglyphs and their interpretation by archaeologists, i.e. the people that have studied them and not some people speculating online.

No. People put all things together that are unrelated. It happens all of the time.

The Peratt paper is interesting, but there are more mundane explanations for the shapes. The patterns seen in petroglyphs are also shapes that are drawn by people that experience trances. These shapes are "wired" into our brains. You do not need to have an external stimulus.

What sort of feedback is there on the Peratt paper? Has it been referenced by other authors? Is there anything in the archaeological journals?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db9e02148867.jpg[/atsimg]

But keep on believing in fairytales

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/691acf7ee49d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

The realty is that petrographic data is incredibly hard to interpret.

That's correct. Yet Lucus says he is only providing facts as he makes wild and unfounded speculations. He provides no facts. He provides nothing but opinions to support his failed claims.

How ironic, that we modern humans find it difficult to comprehend the meanings of our simple minded ancestors.

1. Why do you call it ironic?
2. Why do you claim they were simple minded?
The petroglyphs are rather recent in origin. Many are less than 1000 years old. The oldest ones are at most 10,000 years old in North America. They were made by people like you and I. The reason we do not understand the images well is that the images are not a written language or if they are there is not enough information to decipher that language.

You might want to do some reading on spiral petroglyphs and their interpretation by archaeologists, i.e. the people that have studied them and not some people speculating online.

No. People put all things together that are unrelated. It happens all of the time.

The Peratt paper is interesting, but there are more mundane explanations for the shapes. The patterns seen in petroglyphs are also shapes that are drawn by people that experience trances. These shapes are "wired" into our brains. You do not need to have an external stimulus.

What sort of feedback is there on the Peratt paper? Has it been referenced by other authors? Is there anything in the archaeological journals?

1. I call it ironic because of the popular perception of our Ancestors. I did not mean to imply that they were not intelligent. It's ironic that we have trouble interpreting symbols by which many say were primitive beings. But this is neither here nor there.

2. I labeled them as simple minded to BE ironic. Just because that seems, to me, to be the main stream view of them. But this is also neither here nor there.

I firmly believe the intellectual capacity of those who preceded us would make any modern man marvel if properly understood.

Your points are incredibly valid Stereo - and I am not going to try to refute you. This stands for any interpretation. An individual who views abstract art would never be able to understand the true emotions of the artist - and therefore should never be forced to come to a certain conclusion. And surely, the same individual would have a different interpretation from others who viewed the same piece of artwork. This is simply the result of perceptual filtering. This is not to say that deductive reasoning has no place here. However, deductive reasoning will only take you as far as your sub-conscious perceptual filters allow.

Its very simple. Your deductive reasoning and interpretation has lead you to believe there is, as you said, a "mundane explanation" for the occurrence of spiral petroglyphs all around the world. My deductive reasoning, interpretation, and conclusions have lead me to believe that the answer is not so mundane - that the explanation is much more extraordinary that we would typically imagine.

Thats all I have to say about that. I will remain firm in my conclusions until I find something which will out-weigh my original conclusions with greater evidence.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31 >>

join