It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has made YOU personally certain that UFO's are unconventional - ie, not Chinese lanterns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Very cool story!

What did you mean by the craft defying physics? Do you mean that it was defying what we know to be possible for aircraft in our time, or that it was doing something that couldn't be described by any renowned physicist?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

honestly, Both.

It'd float there, still as can be, then dart at some extreme speed, come to an immediate stop, 90 degree turns, etc. Then it'd disappear, and reappear on the other side of the sky.

It was ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
From what I see of them it is their floaty motion and insane directional change. If they are really alien to this world I would imagine them to be either sentries or have a way to actually cause the space around it to move. If that were the case living beings as we know them would be able to survive the immense inertia.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
When I was 11, my family lived a block away from the beach. Looking over the Pacific ocean at night is very beutiful. One night my Dad and 2 of his buddies were out front talking. It was about 11 ish, as I remember I was fast asleep when my Dad came into the room and asked me to come outside. Over the ocean were 2 lights "dancing" around eachother. One would be on top, then they would change positions and then go back. They did this for a few minutes and then there was a third light. These lights were orange and blue in color. The third one joined in and then it moved to the side and just sat there. After a couple of minutes, the 2 stopped, and one sat above the other, then suddenly the top one took off going straight up. The 2 left were side by side. The one on the right moved up, and the left one moved slightly down. The one that moved down dropped what looked like glitter at first. Out of the 4 people watching I counted 8, my dad counted 9, dads friends counted 7 and 12. Either way, these little things that were just dropped took off in every direction, 1 going into the ocean. These little ones were faster then the big ones. After, the 2 big ones headed out. One over the ocean, the other going north. We watched this for about 15 minutes.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I work with the subject extra terrestrial and have seen one by my own eyes, the world is filled with proofs.

The governments of the world has as told before informed about their existense,and proof shows are being shown on history channel.

Some humans have a huger problem than others to understand logic and connect the realistic dots, for those its not even possible to convince them of any material or fact on paper. These humans have to experience the subject or "proof" with their own eyes or in flesh and blood.

As for me extra terrestrials is as logical as i am needing air to breathe.

Try study some human history together with the history of Tellus. Then it might be easier to understand.

If not the future holds a amazing surprise for the "public" human race.

Perhaps you are not informed enough and just ignorant( means not-informed\less informed).

Most humans have the option to increase their brain usage close to 10%.

Regards-

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The closest Ufo story so far is the american government together with mexico in 1951, where the government made a personal deal with the an alien race for the first time.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archirvion
I work with the subject extra terrestrial and have seen one by my own eyes, the world is filled with proofs.

Can you tell the story to me? How did you see one? What did it look like? Etcetc (I'm real curious about this stuff)

Perhaps you are not informed enough and just ignorant( means not-informed\less informed).

And sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this... are you saying I am not informed about the existence of extra terrestrials? As you can tell, I am obviously a believer. I think I might be misunderstanding this statement. I haven't seen an ET, but I don't see how that makes me ignorant.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Archirvion

That sounds very cool. Can you post a link or something with the full story so I can read it? I want to know more about this.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I don't know if I'd call myself a believer because I'm not sure what I believe. I KNOW there are things we cannot explain in conventional terms in our skies, whether they are human in origin, natural phenomena, aliens from another planet, or whatever else your mind can conjure up - I honestly don't know - but I do know that they are there. How do I know? I'll quote one of my previous posts on this subject matter from this thread.

Somewhere near Greenville, TN - Early (6-10th) September 2004

I was sat in the passenger seat, returning from a day out with a friend whom I was staying with for a leg of my music tour. It was the early afternoon [on a warm day] and visibility was very good with a few scattered clouds - we were coming (driving) down a small hill in reflective silence when I noticed something metallic in the sky - not really thinking about it too much I said to myself, "Concorde" due to it's shape.

What I really saw did not register at all (strange, because I've always had in interest in UFOs) and I continued to admire the scenery. After what must have been 20-30 seconds the word 'Concorde' entered my mind again and I realised how rediculous it was. Concorde had last flown in my city (Bristol, England) the previous year, besides... it doesn't even look like that from the ground, it wouldn't be in Tennessee anyway and just what the hell was that?!

After taking a good second look I could see that the reason the word initially came into my mind was due to the way the sunlight was reflecting off one of the edges. If you can imagine a disc viewed upon sideways (looks like a cigar shape) with the sun to the left, at a quick glance it appeared to have a pointed nose - just like the plane - with the opposite side much more rounded. Studying it much more closely you could see it was in fact symmetrical, silver/metallic and that light was being reflected from it.

I was stunned, completely and utterly. I didn't say anything (it hadn't occurred to me at that point) and just gawked at it... the object was quite a distance away just below the cloud-line and appeared to be stationary, it must have been very large. After staring for an estimated 20 seconds I managed to gather my thoughts and was about to mention it to my friend when it appeared to distort and fly off at a very high speed diagonally up and left from my point of view - so fast if you blinked you might have missed it. The only thing I can compare it to is some poor sci-fi when a spaceship enters hyperspace or something similarly cheesy! It also appeared to leave some kind of translucent distortion in the sky which dissipated after a few seconds... I have no idea of how to really explain it [properly].

Anyway, this is the first and only experience I've had which I've not been able to explain - I'm used to all kinds of aircraft, my grandfather was a top engineer at Rolls-Royce who sparked a keen interest in aviation as a child... I don't tell many people about it as no doubt it would be considered quite rediculous. However, when I do I always joke that we never seem to have as many UFO sightings here in the UK yet those kooky hillbillies in the states always seem to witness strange things in the sky. It made me wonder how many are indeed genuine and yet often discredited - after all I'd travelled half way around the world for a few weeks and managed to see something I never thought I would.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

Yeah definitely. I am thinking in terms of believer being someone who believes that there are UFO's that aren't explainable as birds, planes, Chinese lanterns, whathaveyou. So, in this case, I would consider you a believer
And great story.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Eye witnesses are the key. Independent eye witnesses (various people with no immediate connection or reason to follow each other's story).

Historically:

- Miracle of the Sun
- Ellsworth
- Roswell
- Rendlesham Forest

Recently:
- Phoenix Lights
- O'Hare

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I've seen ufos. Twice. But if I had to choose a moment in time where I think something really happened, it would be Japan Airlines Flight 1628 over Alaska.

I'm not fond of ufo "pushers" like many ufologists are. I tend to believe ordinary people to which extraordinary things happened and that did not try to make a "buck" out of it.

The crew of this flight had an extraordinary encounter in 1986. The captain stood by his words and was even demoted for a period of time. For speaking up. I don't think this has ever been debunked.

To me, this speaks...

Here's the story:

www.ufoevidence.org...

Good thread !!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Well yes, I am a believer then.

On the subject of explainable phenomena, I also know that there are a lot of people reporting UFO sightings which are nothing more than sky lanterns and the like and it saddens me somewhat. Particularly in the last few days, this section of the forum has demonstrated that some people will believe anything and automatically cry, "UFO!" when it's clearly identifiable/explainable.

It's also annoying when the same people accuse others of being disinformation agents and blind sceptics/debunkers. Personally, I believe the "real" disinformation agents are again the same ones who label any shaky video or grainy picture evidence of alien visitation, it really does harm serious investigation into the unexplained and discredits those associated with UFO research.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
spacekc929: If you're interested in evidence of UFOs, check out the book that this website is named after, ABOVE TOP SECRET by Timothy Good. It's full of evidence from around the world going back to the 1940s: military sightings, newspaper clippings, some photos, sketches, eyewitness reports from different people who saw the same thing, etc. There is some really weird, incredibly compelling stuff in there. Lots of FOIA documents that have been unclassified. (By the way, IS this site named after the book? I just assumed it was, but I could be wrong.)

I'm not sure I've seen a UFO with my own eyes, but I may have accidentally taken a photo of one (though it could be a bug or something, I had a weird feeling at the time. I haven't posted it because I'm new to ATS and I haven't made 20 thread replies yet). I (sort of) believe in extraterrestrials, or interdimensional beings, or whatever you want to call them, for other reasons which I won't go into here because it doesn't relate to the thread. Or maybe I was the subject of some hallucinogenic experiment. There are always other possibilities, I suppose.

What made me believe specifically in UFOs is that I've heard stories from credible family members and friends, who tend to be skeptical and are a little embarrassed to relate the stories. My parents waited until I was an adult to tell me about their UFO sightings, and one of them has had several. Many family members seem to have a history of spotting these things.

Good thread idea, by the way. Unless you're a government spy. Ha.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by burdenofdreams

Thanks for the tip about the book. I will check it out.

And no, I am not a government spy, lol! I am genuinely curious. I would be interested in seeing your picture, even if it may be a bug, it is still always worth checking out. Also, as I mentioned before, getting detailed accounts of sightings from people who don't think about UFO's or who really think UFology is a bunch of crap is the best! It shows that something is there that everyone is able to see, not just something that is there when we try to prove it's there.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

I absolutely agree. That is why I didn't want to have a thread of people posting random shaky videos, asking if it's real, and then having a bunch of people yell about how it's not. I wanted a thread that would instead have people give their personal opinions and beliefs without the worry of being 'debunked.' I honestly think more people are telling the truth than aren't, especially the ones who post their accounts onto a thread, rather than creating a thread about them for attention. And then again, even if they're not true, it doesn't matter, because those people's accounts are merely what is true for THEM, and not for you, if that made sense. None of what they say impacts what YOU personally believe is the most important piece of evidence proving UFO's. This is a personal sharing thread

So I hope more people will share what has made them believe in UFO's and non-conventional flying things!! I am thrilled with the response so far.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I saw something once and it wasn't conventional. About 8 years ago...sure some people will say I must have been drunk, I wasn't and I had a sober witness...OK one time I saw this thing in the sky... at first I thought it was a low flying aircraft with one of it's lights pointing towards us... similar in color to the yellow light (sodium lamp) that are often used in streetlights. I noted to my buddy how low and close that thing must be... it made no noise. We lived on the ocean, the light first appeared in the direction of/ over our neighbor's house. As it moved to the center of our backyard/ ocean view and over the ocean, it wasn't a really bright yellow light anymore... it was two sets of three red lights in the shape of equilateral triangles and they were the width of our backyard apart, but there was no ' ship' or anything visible. Then these lights did a jarring motion to the left and down after which they darted off leaving a motion stream of their red light behind them. So, I really don't know what it was I saw that night, I can say for absolute certain that it was not a conventional aircraft. It could have been some elaborate laser show...there was no sound or craft visible. There was something in the sky that was unexplainable.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Dear kyred

I was 14 years old and in school at the time. No drugs or alcohol, perhaps a little nicotine. Way back in 1966 and what I saw, I saw with about twenty others.

It was not from around here. Not even now and certainly not back then. Naturally I thought about it at the time then forgot about it 40 years.

So none of what you mention applies however you only have my word for it. Sure if it were not for this even I would be more skeptical I am sure.

What would have happened if no one had believed Columbus? But then he brought back proof.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

What was the UFO like? Can you tell more about it?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Probably cases like:

Tehran 1976

JAL 1628

Rendlesham

But that wasn't till I started reading more about the subject. What initially got interested was a UFO encounter that my aunt had. My mother is from Peru. I believe the sighting took place in Chimbote, Peru during the 1960s.

My aunt would have been in her 30s when she witnessed this thing (she died many years ago from cancer). Story goes she was sitting in the backyard area relaxing, when she began to feel uneasy and looked over her shoulder. There, hovering approximately 100 ft away, was a metallic disc . She described it as about 5 ft in diameter and said it gradually rose up off the ground and disappeared. My family on my mother's side is very catholic (as most Peruvians are). I simply couldn't understand why she would make this up... i.e. if she wanted to create a hoax, why not say she saw the virgin mary or Jesus etc?

She has no interest in sci-fi and there wouldnt be much sci-fi cultural contamination down in Peru during the 1960s. Nothing seems to point to obvious hoax. I think that was the turning point for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join