It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never before seen UFO photos - Debunkers?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I think we can all agree this thread should just die now... lets move on, learn something (hopefully), and redirect our attention to finding the truth of the UFO/Alien phenomenon. I can't really take wasting more time on reading the same thing over and over and over...

PS- The /faceplam pic was hilarious.

[edit on 7/7/2010 by XxZenTruthxX]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This topic also serves to illustrate the lunacy that is people failing to properly read through a topic and just haphazardly spout something off.

It's like when something gets officially debunked and then new people come in without reading through the topic and perpetually beat a dead horse.

It's completely asinine.

Read through the topics before you post! Read the OP before you post! The posters commenting on the pictures in this thread are a perfect illustration of this point; nobody properly reads anything.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaosinEngaged
This topic also serves to illustrate the lunacy that is people failing to properly read through a topic and just haphazardly spout something off.

Read through the topics before you post! Read the OP before you post! The posters commenting on the pictures in this thread are a perfect illustration of this point; nobody properly reads anything.

Honestly, there should be a sticky thread about people who don't read the OP's....

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Very nice thread indeed, thanks for creating it!

Dont get your panties in a knot people, he clearly said at the bottom of the post that he made these himself..... This will teach people to fully read the entire posts before commenting or trying to conclude something from pics or videos.

This will also show people that UFO pics are very easy to create with if you have a little knowledge on how to use computer graphics software.

I thought it was a nice post because i have been deceived in the past with faked images and videos and i promised myself i wouldnt just blindly believe anymore..

I dont visit the UFO forum all that much, but i assume even here on ATS, that many UFO threads are most likely fakes, presented as legit.... but i dont really know as i dont go in that forum alot.... so i guess i will go read up on ATS ufology !

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

s&f

for a second there i thought disclosure was imminent! the first photo was the best, for me...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by black cat
Edit: I just read the bottom of your post that you say you created these pictures. Threads like this one don't serve any purpose but to mock believers in UFOs and discredit legitimate sightings, despite what you say about being a believer.

Yes they do, they show how many people will go OH YEAH !! to absolute bollocks, and THEN bring disrepute to the cause.

You did exactly that.

TRY being more skeptical before you agree, it helps everyone.

Jumping on the horse and going "Oh you, laddergoat" doesn't help a bit.

Thanks OP.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
HE STATED IT IN HIS POST.

If idiots cannot read and continue to golly over it, who's fault is that?

Bloody nora.. lmao

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
loved the thread! it was hilarious.

great point, although some of the people here need to chill. why not take a break from looking for ET and deal with some of the real problems in the world, and the real people that cause them.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I had the exact same idea to create a thread like this but didn't get round to it. Glad someone else did. Anyways I thought the third, fourth and fifth photos were obvious fakes, but the first 2 are quite impressive. This is the problem with ufo footage today, they are so easy to fake and so I pretty much wash my hands of ufo images nowadays because it could just be another fake.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
tbh they are all poorly done, anyone who thought they were real wants to get their eyes tested , seriously OP whats your point? that you are crap at making UFO pics?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

You obviously didn't see my other post admitting I made a mistake, did you just do the same thing?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I've been thinking of making a thread like this for a while, guess now i dont have to.

It just shows with a bit of knowledge of photoshop, anyone can create a respectable image of a "ufo".

I also 100% believe in Aliens, however i also believe near enough 100% of photos of UFO's are fake, in this day and age of near enough your microwave having a camera, why are there so many blury, grainy, crappy photos and not hundreds of the same ufo?

Ufo was outside my house i'd be snapping pic after pic on my iphone, my brothers phone and my digital camera, with flash and without, and also record a video, yet theres usually only one blurred image...

Nice thread OP.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by The_Zomar
But as for the 2nd image set of images with the boy on the ladder. I'm not sure what you're seeing...
Sorry if that was a little cryptic, this should explain it further and there are downloadable high resolution scans of the UFO photos available at this link if you scroll down:

The Trent UFO Photos

The photos I posted are the ones people usually don't see when they look at those UFO photos.

They're interesting. I have not seen them before. Curiously, enough, I did a little fiddling with the more familiar Trent photos at one time in order to see if could create a stereo 3-D pair from them, and was actually able to do it. And sure enough, there was a convergence in the stereo pair in the overhead wires just where the "saucer" was. Curious.

Of course, that doesn't mean they were faked. Most old-school ufologists who investigated the case came to the conclusion that essentially the Trents were too ignorant and stupid to have faked the photos. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I apologize but I have not read through all the responses since I am busy with various activities. I just feel the need to remark that I am always very skeptical in regards to UFO pictures.

I have had the privilege of seeing a few odd unexplainable things in the sky, once during daylight, and was far to fascinated to take a photo. Each moment lasted a few minutes at the most and despite always having a camera on me I failed to take a photo. The reason really is quite simple I did not want to take my eyes off the bizarre things. If I had fumbled for my camera I would have missed valuable seconds in seeing something so extraordinary.

I am also an avid bird watcher and have on many attempts tried to take good shots of some of my favorite birds, needless to say it's very hard with the snapshot equipment I carry with me. I have had some success but you have to realize birds are far more prevalent than an UFO (I have seen millions of birds as to 5 UFOs, only one of those UFOs being hard for me to explain in a logical manner).

I guess that is why I pay more attention to eyewitness accounts and events involving radar.

Anyway wonderful job with this post.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceMonkeys
Anyways I thought the third, fourth and fifth photos were obvious fakes, but the first 2 are quite impressive.

Dude, they are ALL fake.

Thanks for reading the OP in full!

I'm glad I'm not a mod. If I were, bannings would be handed out like the holocaust. The level of ignorance displayed here as of late is truly pathetic.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision

Originally posted by SpaceMonkeys
Anyways I thought the third, fourth and fifth photos were obvious fakes, but the first 2 are quite impressive.

Dude, they are ALL fake.

Thanks for reading the OP in full!

I'm glad I'm not a mod. If I were, bannings would be handed out like the holocaust. The level of ignorance displayed here as of late is truly pathetic.

In other words abusing the power where you're expected to wield it responsibly.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamount

In other words abusing the power where you're expected to wield it responsibly.

If by 'abuse of power' you mean banning anyone whom I deem to be a moron, then yes, I would be abusing that power. By my calculations, if you're not smart enough to read or comprehend the OP in full before posting, you should not be allowed to post at ATS. But that's my fantasy world so don't ruin it.

Hey I'm not killing anyone. I mentioned the holocaust as a figure of speech. Hitler thought he was being responsible, but don't we all wish he woulda just stayed home and gotten stoned?

[edit on 7-7-2010 by NightVision]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by black cat

What point? That you like to make fun of people? This board on ATS exists for one purpose - to discuss and debate the issue of Extraterrestrials, so when someone posts a photo for analysis here one shouldn't have to wonder whether the OP is playing some stupid game with everyone else. Yes, there are unscrupulous individuals who will fake evidence, but this thread serves no purpose whatsoever other than to poke fun at people. And poking fun at people isn't what ATS is all about.

I think you steadfast "no evidence needed" guys need MORE poking at. Honestly, all it takes is a photo and you have 40 guys jumping on the thread saying it has to be real because they "know".

ATS is getting ridiculous, I get the feeling sometimes that ATS goes out and recruits the crazy guy everyone has in the neighborhood. I feel this way because the alternative is way more scary.

There is NO logic, reason or healthy skepticism when it comes to UFO's.
You guys just pounce on it and hold on until it sinks.

So deal with it.

You deserve to be made fun of.

I am tired of reading posts from self appointed experts who die by the sword swearing a photo is real and then when proving fake they just jump to another one with the same conviction.

You're almost as bad as the Earthquake guy.

Sometimes I think you are all clowns...

Thanks OP, now we need someone to run a 5 year campaign and maybe that will get some of these guys to start taking a critical eye to their belief systems.

I almost didn't even look at this thread because I saw "debunker" in the title. Usually any post that has "debunker" in it or "hey debunkers" is littered with idiots regurtitating hoaxed photos. then when proven false they start another thread.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by gormly]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
NOOOOOOoooooo Please, PLEASE It Can't Be...

At first I was totally ******* that I had wasted my time on another ******* psych test to help with OP's ******* ********** But unfortunately it really is that small.

But, then I realized that everything is suspect -

Dang, my naivety!!!

What would your parent think? Singularity of "parent" intentional.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindsmog
tbh they are all poorly done, anyone who thought they were real wants to get their eyes tested , seriously OP whats your point? that you are crap at making UFO pics?

This Thread

Your Head

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join