It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STATS! Alarming Rise In Global Natural Disasters!! 2010 IS The Year Of Floods

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I think this is caused by the dark brown dwarf star approaching toward the solar system. It could be a warning of the coming disaster that may be more serious than the floods.

If you have two suns, that could cause temporary global warming situation. But it will be over by 2014. The question is could the humanity survive this coming event. The so called nibiru is only one of the six planets circling around this dark star which is still very hot in the infrared region.

The solar flare, comet strike, pole shift, massive earth quake, mile high tsunami are all possibility. Better be prepared than be sorry.

But then the disaster may be minimized in such a way that the humans can survive without too much damage. It is all the probability game.

One hour or a minute can make a difference of extinction or survival. No one really knows what will happen other than that we are going through a dangerous path of possible total destruction of the planetary crossing.

Maybe the mass prayer could help the situation.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Are you surprised?
If you read a Bible it has been saying this for years (2000 years)

As the Bible say:

"And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them. But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by. Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven"

"And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." (Luke 21: 8-11, 25-28)

If you think it's bad now..wait

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
There's no doubt that in some parts of the world, increased deforestation and other landuse changes are making floods worse.

Not aware of any specific increase in such events though - there's barely a week goes by without a major flood event occurring somewhere in the world. Though I admit I only really started noticing this in 2007 - which for me will always be the 'year of the flood'.

Worth noting that many recent floods - in Europe and China for example - have occurred around the same time of year as similar floods in 2009, 2008 and 2007 ...... Coincidence?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ccsct203
Are you surprised?
If you read a Bible it has been saying this for years (2000 years)

As the Bible say:

"And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them. But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by. Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven"

"And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." (Luke 21: 8-11, 25-28)

If you think it's bad now..wait

Can you be more specific?

That quote is so open, you can link it any time in our history. I'm sure people will still use that quote many hundreds of years from now about their time too.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I'll agree that the climate is changing, but some areas sure don't seem like they are warming. Saskatchewan for instance, has had colder winters the last couple of years (it's always cold, but colder longer).

The F3 tornado was from warmth, but right now, raining again, and it is 12 degrees celcius (54 Farenheit). That's pretty cold for the beginning of July, even in the morning.

I think the cold areas might be getting colder, and the warm areas hotter.
Then those 2 areas meet, and storm time.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
you know what really pisses me off? The fact someone made this forum 6 months ago before summer even started an he got bashed.

A month ago i made a forum about this, and a month ago i guess it didn't really matter?

now its effecting everyone you guys care?

give me a break

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
like seriously when 2012 comes and you're all like "Why wont it stop raining, whats going on with all these storms, the ground wont stop shaking"

dont come here and post about it because we dont give a s****, we tried to tell you 1,000 times and you call us crazy, then it starts to happen and you post about it?

delete this thread start talking on the ones where people predicted this would happen this summer, they deserv the stars and flags not you

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

When it comes to flooding one of the big issues is simply a lack of drainage in many cities. The water can't soak into the ground so it runs into the drains and during heavy rain or snow melts the drains just can't cope.

As for the other events i think it's a combination of increased reporting and global warming. I know global warming isn't popular as a theory on ATS but the evidence is very for it. Whether you think it's man made or not it's having an effect.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
shift happens. all of the factors discussed in this thread are true to a degree. The three P's: Poverty, Pollution, Population.

An Ice Age is coming too. All this destroyer planet crap, and nibiru and the dark star. Is a complete load of crap....

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I agree with this thread and continue to agree as I did a year ago. It is not hard to see the natural changes going on.

Unless of course you are stuck inside on your computer trolling ATS. Then you probably haven't noticed.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwissPort905v2
you know what really pisses me off? The fact someone made this forum 6 months ago before summer even started an he got bashed.

A month ago i made a forum about this, and a month ago i guess it didn't really matter?

give me a break

If I had've seen this a month ago, I would have cared. And agreed to it. It was raining then too, non stop, and my basement and yard were completely flooded. OK , selfish of me, to care when it was affecting me, it was affecting others too, he!!, lots of people care about the gulf too and are no where near it.

fall out of bed this morning?

[edit on 6-7-2010 by snowspirit]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
OMG take it easy. This is just the end....
JUST THE END

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Pull up the time wave zero. Do they match?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Here is a thread I made that lists all the FEMA exercises for the next couple of years: FEMA Exercise Events 2009-2012.

Maybe it will help determine how and why.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Originally posted by SwissPort905v2

give me a break

If I had've seen this a month ago, I would have cared. And agreed to it. It was raining then too, non stop, and my basement and yard were completely flooded. OK , selfish of me, to care when it was affecting me, it was affecting others too, he!!, lots of people care about the gulf too and are no where near it.

fall out of bed this morning?

[edit on 6-7-2010 by snowspirit]

Sounds like someone is a little bitter that his/her thread got lost in the mix...my most humble apologies
What people don't understand is that it's not about S&F's, it's a wake up call!

[edit on 6-7-2010 by discl0sur3]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I'm from Minnesota, and as I have noticed so far this year, its basically just another average year on par with previous years. Although, it does seem that the rainy season has shifted further into the year in the past 10 or so years.

I have some theories but they aren't all that scientific. The best one that I think is the truth would be simply pollution and drainage and land development.

We have been having record temps though this year, but it really hasn't been as oppresive as past years. It possibly has more to do with solar activity than anything manmade, except for pollution maybe. I don't know, its hard to gauge the effects of that because any kind of report we get are very minimal, ie LIES.

On the whole, though, in my area, it all seems pretty average if not normal. It never surprises me when we get tornado warnings, or 5-9 inches of rain in one night. When that happens though, expect flooding.

I admit it is worse in other parts of the world, but my area its pretty usual to see all this. One heavy rain can be a gamechanger for everybody. I still have 3 dehumidifiers and 2 fans going in my basement after getting 5 inches of rain last weekend(week before the 4th). About 3/4 inch of water seeped in. It sucks, but not surprising. Some folks had 4 inches in my town.

We are all still at the mercy of mother nature. We could abate that in some ways, but it will never be foolproof.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

You don’t have to be a meteorologist, seismologist, or any other ologist to see that the frequency and intensity of natural disasters and extreme weather events seems to have significantly increased over the last few decades.

Love this quote, its full of so much hubris. Personally I've been on the planet for 4.5 decades and it does not seem like there are more disasters to me. What has gotten better? our communication, our ability spot and respond to problems etc.

Also I do not need a magic 8 ball to figure out what will eventually happen to someone who lives on a floodplain, its one of the risks of living on this water world. Earth is not a quiet place, better get used to it.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
To those who can put there ideologies aside, there are weather records being shattered weekly around the world. And this is long since weather records have been documented. Climate change is real folks, whether your politics or ideology agrees or not!

[edit on 6-7-2010 by whatsup]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Another threat coming from all this flooding is mosquitoes. They seem to be as big as bats this year and as aggressive as little vampires. There used to be tons of little frogs in past years that ate the little buggers, but not this year.

Maybe the mosquitoes ate the frogs

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.smh.com.au...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Well, it seems to not only be the year of the floods, but, its also the year of Hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanoes, sink holes, and bad politics. Oh wait, its always the year for bad politics.

Namaste and Love

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join