It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Seventh Seal Of The Apocalypse Has Been Opened...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by Dookzor

Clearly it was made out of some sort of carbon fiber or plastic wrapped around a steel frame much like any miniature golf statue.

You say clearly, but for someone who had never heard of the statue before today and going by the small picture in the OP it wasn't clear to me. It is now however, and I did go on to state that in later posts, but thanks.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I'm from Dayton Ohio as well. This story is abuzz all over the place. Local news, on facebook wall posts. My brother and I worked as electricians for a while together and would drive down to Cinci. We jokingly dubbed him "Jebus" (from the Simpsons). There's definitely some irony in all of this.

Firstly, the whole "thou shalt not make any graven image" thing. And then him being struck by lightening and burnt down. And now the frame looks like some demon/ancient Egyptian god or something.

Secondly, I'm not sure this could have happened at any weirder of a time. Like people have said it's been up for 6 years. If it was going to happen you would have thought it already would have. I mean really, he's a 62 foot lighting rod for goodness sake... But with the Gulf Oil disaster, Iran/North Korea, Economic collapse, and many other things.. Coincidence? Who knows, but the timing is quite interesting.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by willgrey7]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The way I see it, if a god is striking this statue down, then why is he not striking down more prominent icons, such as the one in South America? An event like that is sure to be taken as a warning, but this event is not.

I mean, everyone knows about the South American statue, and today is the first I have ever heard of this church. This church has suddenly got instant fame worldwide.

Did anyone actually witness this "apparent lightning strike"?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

it was the aliens that did it...geez

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
fiberglass and styrofor make an very static loaded item..

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

There are many on ATS that are from Ohio. It is a little freaky in a way all the Ohioans.

reply to post by Firefly_

To my knowledge, there are currently no reports of 19 men armed with Bic lighters mentioned anywhere near the scene. Time will tell. Time will tell....

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I couldn't resist.....

*looks outside for any gathering clouds....*

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

(Caption).....

"I'll Be Back..."

(Or, is it 'Bach'??)

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I'm a Christian, and religion has not ruined my life or any other Christian I know, it has only helped give us hope and comfort in times of need.
Why must you attack Christians every chance you get? Isn't there something else in this world that you dislike more?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Video of burning

Here you go. Watch it burn. Yeah, drove past this many times myself over the last couple years. Thought it was a sore spot along the freeway.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
LOL The OHIO Jesus burned?
OMG that is so funny! I live 25min from that thing!

Whats more is that no metion of this has been reported on local news channels

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

I was going to say the exact same thing. Everyone is mentioning the "thou shalt not worship graven images" and you mention the South American statue but what about all the Jesus crucifixes? Aren't those graven images also?

People say this statue is gawdy, but I say it isn't any worse than seeing the man who was supposedly God in the flesh nailed to a crucifix by his hands and feet while being tortured for 3 days.

Like my mom said, if Jesus was killed in the 20th century by way of electrocution, would everyone be walking around with electric chairs around their necks and praying to an image of Jesus strapped to the chair with a hood over his face?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Why must you attack Christians every chance you get? Isn't there something else in this world that you dislike more?

Only one other thing- and if I ever meet her.....

The list of grievances against Christians is long, exhaustive, and exhaustING. I know people who would punch God in the eye rather than look at him- thanks to the lies and abuses Christianity has heaped on them. Any REAL believer would understand *W H Y* I take exception- especially someone who has read half of what I have posted.

One other thing the lot of you forget: I WAS a Christian, and I was destroyed completely by my own religion. As a former abused child, I do not take being treated like that lightly. Any chance I get to strike back, I take. I have made a promise to YOUR God concerning this, BTW. And I'll keep striking back until I either die, or full compensation is made by YOUR God.

Edited to add: (Re-compensation to my satisfaction is impossible... And your God has been proven to be pretty weak in this area. Maybe Christians need to give their already over- paid religious leaders more money to make God more powerful...)

[edit on 15-6-2010 by wylekat]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar

Updated 2:35 AM Tuesday, June 15, 2010
MONROE — The large Jesus statue iconic to Interstate 75 in Monroe was destroyed following an apparent lightning strike during a thunderstorm.

Good! Sounds like retribution... by Zeus! Zeus brings back justice to the land!

[edit on 15/6/10 by Echtelion]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Three statues of Christ that have weathered a few storms.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

It should be noted that no images of Christ have survived, if in fact any ever existed. Any image purported to be that of Christ is purely speculative.

These statues mean nothing to me, except as art, but I do find the general tone of this thread to be tasteless and offensive to the faith of others.

[edit on 2010/6/15 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I bet some people would claim that he wouldn't want to hit the most popular monuments to avoid being too obvious. God always seems to keep himself hidden and his miracles small scale (which does little to convert anyone) Also, it's a shame that the most popular thread on this has such an overly dramatic title, I find this event funny from whichever perspective you look at it.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by NamelessMonster]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Mate, I hear you.

I think it's about time we let him get down off the cross.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

O! your still here... I thought you would be on the Rapture party boat by now with Master Captain Kirk Cam-E-O-Ron.('
')

Top Secret Real Jesus/God sayings;

Thu shall not worship falls idols... how do you know what Jesus looks like?

Christians love there images of their outside temples... the Kingdom of heaven is within not the house around you that was built on a cracked foundations of cement('
')

1; Jesus said, "The [Father's] kingdom is like a woman who was carrying a [jar] full of meal. While she was walking along [a] distant road, the handle of the jar broke and the meal spilled behind her [along] the road. She didn't know it; she hadn't noticed a problem. When she reached her house, she put the jar down and discovered that it was empty."

2;Mary said to Jesus, "What are your disciples like?"

He said, "They are like little children living in a field that is not theirs. When the owners of the field come, they will say, 'Give us back our field.' They take off their clothes in front of them in order to give it back to them, and they return their field to them... I see you are still wearing clothing('
')

3;His disciples asked him and said to him, "Do you want us to fast? How should we pray? Should we give to charity? What diet should we observe?"

Jesus said, "Don't lie, and don't do what you hate, because all things are disclosed before heaven. After all, there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed, and there is nothing covered up that will remain undisclosed."... where did you get your undisclosed info from about the true GOD('
')

I know... you hate me and want to crucify me now for saying this to you and picking on all you poor Christians('
')

May you get your head out of the book printed on dead trees and know that the true God is alive, living and in the NOW('
')

Peace out... Bring it('
')

Mr X('
')

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I just saw on the Hamilton Journal News website that the church plans on rebuilding the statue.

I guess they'll never learn.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DARKCYDE_CROWLEY

I just saw on the Hamilton Journal News website that the church plans on rebuilding the statue. I guess they'll never learn.

Hundreds of thousands (if not millions) that could be used for the good of the community, put into decorations. Tasteless decorations at that.

Anyone else wanna wonder why I think Christianity stinks?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join