It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea puts military on combat readiness

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

IF war starts, Seoul is gonna be obliterated by NKorean artillery in minutes.

So the webcams will show explosions everywhere.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

It would seem to be a good vantage point if things get nasty, lot's of traffic to watch in real time, one would know somethings up, based on traffic patterns and the like...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
If only ATS had a U-2 spyplane...

we dont need a spyplane
just get Julian Assange (wikileaks) to commandeer
a rogue spy satellite and we can see
the birds eye view

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedarklingthrush
What's really scare about this, in my opinion, is that North Korea wouldn't do any of this without the approval of China.

I don't think China really cares about the North going to or losing a war to the south. It use to be that it was all about communism. China has learned how they need and benefit from the west and capitalism. I think they are likely to tell the North Koreans they support them, and in some basic supplies they might, but if they loose and the south incorporates the North, the economic boom due to construction, and a new market will benefit China the most. Furthermore, with the North Korean threat out of the way, China can press for a decreased presence in Japan and the Pacific.

Little Kim is near death and his kids are boobs. I think he is more than happy to lead his people in one last hoorah.

The fact that this isn't being blasted on the news every minute, tends to lend a little credence to it IMO. If they intended a false flag to drum up a war, they tend to make that the only talk of the day.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Hey there ya go....

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

it wont last long
US Navy cruise missiles can take out an entire
artillery battery in less than 15 minutes.

now just multiply that by 1,000

ouch

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

it wont last long
US Navy cruise missiles can take out an entire
artillery battery in less than 15 minutes.

now just multiply that by 1,000

ouch

You mean 10 thousand...or more..

www.breitbart.com...

~Keeper

[edit on 5/24/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

The main reason for this is to Engage the US in a protracted war - North Korea is to China what Saudi is to US - a puppet.

The Chinese will use the Koreans to engage in a long protracted war with the US / South Koreans - this ill end trade from South Korea and realistically Japan as well - the Chinese will fill this gap.

Secondly America will be hampered by a third front - you will find china willing to agree to war with Iran as well (so will Russia but for different reasons - oil / gas prices) - China will feed North Korea and Iran weapons - opening up the US to FOUR wars....it will cripple the US.

Meanwhile - China just sits back selling arms to Iran / North Korea and soaks up trade issues from the surrounding countries - this will include Taiwan as trade will have to come from the SOUTH - incredible tactics.

America-you need to SERIOUSLY wake up.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Oh please, nothing will happen and you know why? Starcraft 2 people...Starcraft 2...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Calm down people.

I'm calm, my friend...surly.

NK isn't going to do anything.

NK? I am not worried about them doing anything, nor am I convinced that they have done anything.

But I am concerned that "things will happen".

I do not think NK will be doing anything (unless you possibly count- getting slaughtered).

Little Kim knows he can't win a ground, air, sea war with any nation that it currently opposes.

Yes, I know he is a trapped weak animal, just as he himself knows. Sadly, that line of thought doesn't sit well with him and on his death bed I can easily seem him pulling some drastic moves.

But again, I am not worried about Kim doing anything...I am worried about violence that may come from this from "other countries" and "involved organizations".

He's going to huff and puff and then do nothing, as he always does.

As he always does? Is torpedoing a ship "huffing and puffing" or has the media soothed you into assuming you are watching a TV show with script writers who keep their characters within "roles you enjoy"?

This is the real world...events unfold in the future...you can not tell me you tell the future. At least I am telling you that I can not tell the future.

SK will do the same thing because they know that the worst case scenario if they start anything is NK will bomb them.

Bomb them? That isn't huffing and puffing...I thought you said Kim would always (and only) huff and puff...like Skeletor from He-Man.

Kim the predictable cartoon...is that what you are saying?

By bomb them I mean with their Artilery Cannons they have pointed at Seoul that could level the city in a days time.

Oh...as long as we are just talking about leveling cities as being "huffing and puffing", I see your point.

Kim will do nothing but huff and puff...and level cities.

And then what? The predictable cartoon U.N and all involved will laugh and only point fingers?

I'm calmer by the second...thanks for this world view of yours.

It's deadlocked and will be that way for a while.

Right...

So when a city is leveled and thousands die...is it then time to worry, or should I restrict myself from writing about this as "something serious" until I see a world war?

Besides, the US and SK aren't going to go up against China, and we all know China doesn't want anybody to touch it's precious NK.

Oh yeah! forehead slap! You are right! NK and China are friends!

How can this result in anything worrisome?

Sorry Keeper...I just don't by the "relax this is fine" hype, nor do I agree with the "this is not important or dangerous" crowd that seem overly confident on "telling the future" based on such things as "intuition"

I wouldn't set my wrist watch by the changing political landscape all the while insisting that it is as systematic and predictable as the movement of the sun.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I get where your coming from Mask.

I share your concern about events to come, I think things are going to happen as well, just not in that part of the world.

I mean, we know NK has had nuclear weaponry for what like 3 years now?

He's only really got two choices.

Be a good boy and be left alone, or attempt something and commit his peole to complete and total obliteration.

I think the whole torpedo story is a bit fishy myself, I don't know how much I believe in what they are telling me about it.

I agree that tentions are rising in that part of the world and with this sort of alert, sure there's room to think that something horrible might happen.

I just can't put much weight into these things anymore, we've been told WW3 is gonna start every 2 months for 10 years now.

You must understand where I'm coming from this don't you?

Edit To Add: I gotta give Kudos for the pics...great reference.

~Keeper

[edit on 5/24/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

If Amgoneedajob was smart he would do some missile tests just as to add confusion.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
The North Koreans have the right to defend themselves! Obama needs to be impeached. This is like the Gulf of Tonkin, cannot repeat the same mistake.

That's like saying Germany had a right to defend itself against Poland after they attacked Poland, really!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

You must understand where I'm coming from this don't you?

Yes, I fully get what you are saying.

I understand how easy it may be to be lulled into a false sense of security, and I try really hard to not do that. I am not saying "this is doomsday" or "the big one".

But I am overly concerned that "that's what it would take to concern most Americans these days".

As you said, this could easily result in leveled cities...many many deaths, years and years and years of involvement and investment.

I mean no offense when I say this, but my radar doesn't need a nuke to go off downtown NY to get it pinging.

This entire story is fishy (as you admit), and it doesn't sit well with me. That perks my attention and brings me closer to a state of "preparedness" in opposite to a feeling of "clockwork perceptions of the world being predictable".

Kim is old and dying...many thoughts go through a man's brain when he is facing his last day. I wouldn't feel completely confident in "calling his actions".

Edit To Add: I gotta give Kudos for the pics...great reference.

Thanks. I tried to keep it a bit funny...although I do disagree with your views on this being blasé and typical...I do enjoy your posts around here.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
kim- die america! kim force five attack!! ....tic tock tic tock tick tock tick tock... (5min later) BOOOOOOOM ( )
( ) nukes for kim

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
If Kim Jong-Il cares anything for his people, for his precious military... he's not going to do anything. It's that simple. Yeah, their Army has more bodies in it... but it severely lacks the technology. They're using antigue hand-me-downs that the Russians and Chinese were getting tired of in the 1970s. Their Navy, their mechanized forces running T-60s, even their artillery is antiquated. If they were to launch an attack, say, begin an artillery barrage of Seoul... it would be over within minutes with the alert the S. Koreans are on right now. Ancient artillery, tanks and naval equipment cannot withstand against Aegis cruisers, M1A2s and lazer guided munitions. Kim Jong Il knows this.

Which is why my concern is that beneath it all, he may, emphasis on may, truly not care... which gives me a pit in my stomach. The only end-around he has are what few nuclear weapons he has at his disposal. I was in a thread awhile ago where I stated emphatically that neither he nor his military were insane enough to start something like this... but that was before they sunk a S. Korean vessel.

I don't know guys, I hope I'm wrong and this all blows over... but there are too many wild cards. The Chinese are poised on an economic bubble... this could help us or hurt us. N. Korea feels painted into a corner now and even more paranoid than they usually are. The S. Korean government is freaking out and taking their case to the U.N., something the North has repeatedly threatened retaliation over and now even fence master Obama is siding with the South with at least one carrier battle group in the area and 40,000 U.S. troops stationed along the 38th...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by chaseninja

Hint : The US WON'T NUKE North Korea.

No way in hell. The only way that happens is if little Kimmy use a nuke first... which he can't do.

And if he does, the US won't have time to use one, they'll have to ask China and SK first, and maybe it'll be too late, maybe China will have nuked North Korea or invaded it.

Little Kimmy knows that by using nukes, his army will be destroyed right away...but if he prolongs the war by conventionnal means, they he can hurt the US way more...

And even if little Kimmy is crazy enough, US intelligence probably knows where the NK nukes are and they will take them out before they can be launched/detonated.

If NK nukes the South, IMO the US government let it happen on purpose.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

O yes
Plat rank 10. anyways you can never be sure these days on things.
-2nd line

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

i know its a joke. haha get some humor people.. damn

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Ah sorry.

Well a lot of people really thinks that NK will nuke the South the first chance they get...

Anyway. UPDATE:

North Korea rejects South Korea's demand for apology

North Korea has rejected a demand by South Korea on Monday (May 24) that Pyongyang apologise for the sinking of one of its warships.

The "charade" showed Lee was a "crazy traitor" trying to block the unification of the nation, the official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) quoted a National Defence Commission (NDC) spokesman as saying in a statement.

The spokesman said the speech violates past agreements reached by the two countries, and South Korea's refusal to allow NDC inspectors to verify the evidence it says it has of the North's involvement was to prevent its "sleight of hand" from being exposed.

North Korea said if South Korea deployed propaganda loudspeakers along the border, its military would fire at and destroy them, the KCNA reported.

It also quoted a foreign ministry spokesman as saying on Monday that North Korea has the right to strengthen its nuclear power to defend its "supreme national interests".

China has appealed for calm and restraint to prevent tensions from escalating on the Korean Peninsula.

China wants status quo.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join