It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watching the BP spill feed- confirm?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Originally posted by seasoul
Enough is enough. We need a GREEN REVOLUTION, NOW. It can be peaceful or it can be violent, but it needs to be.

All incompetent, unresponsive, apathetic, self-serving clowns within both the Obama administration and the petrochemical companies need to be 86’ed, one way or the other. It’s time for them to either freely step aside or get justifiably kicked to the curb.

Unless your willing to give up your car, heating and powering your house, riding on trains, buses, planes and any form of public transportation, and become totally self sufficient for food (so it doesn't get trucked from outside communities), you shouldn't be preaching about a green revolution.

Yes.. Keep Preaching Green !!! It's the ONLY way to stop these horrors in the long run.

Am I ready to give up all the above mentioned? No - And I do NOT have to. OIL and oil products are NOT the only means of heating/powering your house or transporting goods and services.

There is Nothing that oil does that cannot be done with other forms of energy.

We need to develop more Green non polluting systems and use them Now and use less Oil products Now as the Green infrastructure grows.

You do not let a cancer grow till it consumes you. That is what big oil is, a cancer. You burn, cut it off, kill it with chemicals doesn't matter.. just get rid of it, and you treat the effected area with as much healing goodness as you can so it will heal Better, Stronger, Healthier than it ever was before.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
reply to post by wirefly

Is it true that more oil leaks into the gulf from natural seepage every
day than is what's coming from this drilling site? If true, it must be the
concentration of having so much oil coming from such a small area that's
causing all the dire "disaster" and "catastrophe" warnings. -cwm

That may be true ,But then why are we not finding sea life with oil all over them every day then ? Unless it vents out so low and weak in areas all over miles apart .

[edit on 24-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Wanna see More of the Oil Spill places of interest? Try Google earth !

" Google released imagery on Google Earth from NASA’s MODIS, ESA’s ENVISAT radar images, and a crisis response site of a “fatal explosion on offshore oil rig Deepwater Horizon in Gulf of Mexico”. “The rig sank, and the well pouring 5,000 barrels (210,000 gallons) of oil a day into Gulf, a serious threat along the coastal areas of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida.

To view this imagery and other datasets in Google Earth, turn on “Places of Interest” layer in the Layers panel on left-hand side of Google Earth, then navigate to Gulf of Mexico and click ‘red icon’,” noted Google. "

www.ditii.com...

Now I don't know if you have to download an extra package for this or if it is auto updated in Google Earth, but I'm gonna try it.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I think we are all doomed, if one storm comes around over there makes it that way ot toward New York. That won't be very good. I can tell you that. If someone dropped fire for let say in it there we go a big huge major fire which may can't be stopped. I hope they act fast and do something. I have been seeing alot about money. I am glad it not here the oil up in New York. That be terrible. I am working on the beach this summer. I hope they act fast before the Oil comes up here. They need to think before act, just like they use to say at school. I hope they get it fixed and cleaned up. I guess 2012 is happening little by little. What I will say is Godspeed and good luck.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Add one of the following URL's to your Windows Media Player. I'm watching it live right now. These are direct URL's to the BP video streams as taken from the source code.

mms://a246.l9789246245.c97892.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/246/97892/v0001/reflector:46245

mms://a261.l9789246260.c97892.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/261/97892/v0001/reflector:46260

Should simplify for a lot of people.

And yes I'm watching this feed now on my second monitor. Didn't know about it until now and suspect it'll be open 24/7 now until this issue is resolved.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by The Theorist]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Watching it right now. I use VLC with this address :

Right click tp copy
Nothing fancy going on right now.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by gagol]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
For some reason the oil spill makes me think back to 1984 , and this song and movie .

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AndersonLee

I would love to discover that reason. After looking at the link, may I ask you what kind of stuff you take ;-) But I guess you will never know yourself.

Godspeed!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
They're doing something. The camera just panned left, and then right. Like they were checking the lighting and stuff. Seems like it's live. I'm watching for little anomalies that would prove/disprove that it's live. But it seems to be live.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
What is the new device in the live feed? Is that part of the device they are going to attempt to fill the well with mud and cement on Tuesday? I don't think it is a BOP (Blow Out Preventer) I read on an industry site they are like 350,000lbs and close to 40 feet tall.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I've been watching it for so long now i'm starting to see things.....

it's weird when the camera suddenly starts moving around and they turn the lights on and off, and then suddenly everything gets all white and cloudy for a few seconds.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Theorist
They're doing something. The camera just panned left, and then right. Like they were checking the lighting and stuff. Seems like it's live. I'm watching for little anomalies that would prove/disprove that it's live. But it seems to be live.

haha, you beat me to it, i just saw the same thing.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
It was off topic . Its strange that movie and song has been in my head all week . After reading about that spill . I think there is a part in that movie with an ocean and beach or something . anyways I just cant get that song out of my head or movie

But anyways back to the topic

I think the oil can be plugged , question is when and how . If they do the kill top method it could work , when will they do it ?

[edit on 24-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Anyone notice the lighter color flow seems to repeat the same pattern?

BP loop it or is it just the natural order of the flow?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by grizzard83
I'm thinking this spill is closer to 120 million gallons then 45 million gallons putting it up there toward the worst spill ever and its only been leaking for a month. I can discharge or load close to 100,000 barrels a day at 50-100 psi that's 4.2 million gallons a day. This well is pushing more pressure through a bigger pipeline. 5000 barrels is bul# BP knows it too, any one of their refineries can load or discharge that much product in an hour at 50-100psi through a 12inch pipeline. Do not listen to BP, quite fighting about barrel figures. I move this # for a living as do 1000's of other tankermen out there. This well even if its only pushing 50-100psi over the pressure it needs to overcome water pressure has to be leaking at least 100,000 barrels in a 24hour period.

Good to get some info from someone with experience in the field.

BP's "5000 barrels per day" was obviously ridiculous.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doctor Smith
They need to bore another hole next to it and "NUKE IT". What do we have to lose other than it might make the leak bigger instead of sealing it.

If they use the right kind of Nuke the radiation will be minimal. Sounds like the only option.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Doctor Smith]

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Doctor Smith]

`````````````````````````````````````````

Au contraire!!

The well pressure is 170,000 and the estimated gas is 10,000 more than the oil .. the uplift pressure is almost beyond comprehension

This from Oil People ...
Here:
seminal.firedoglake.com...

Under: Controls that should have been in place:
... ... ...

The well casing should have to be inserted well before the drill hits the deposit and it should have to be cemented in at least 2 weeks prior to finishing the hole down to the oil or gas. This is to give the cement time to set. The casing should have ridging to make this cement have a tight wedged grip on the miles of rock around it. This is required because the lift pressure on a pipe in this case could easily reach 20 million pounds of lift. This is an insane amount of up pressure. Even at 70,000 psi it would lift about 140 million pounds. (almost 64,000 long tons!)

Some say this deposit has enough crude to ruin the world's oceans. Let's not let it get out, OK?

If the leak is crumbling the dome because of the volume and pressure (a current theory since Sunday the 23rd) .. we may have to do a lotta concrete pouring ... lots and lots and lots!!

Cavalier Cowboy attitude, Money soaked apathy toward serious responsibility, and greed + a little need ... = BIG PROBLEM!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

I guess it would depend how long the "loop" is. I've been watching this thing for hours now and i've seen lots of non loop activity. There's this hose or something that every now and then comes in the frame and flutters about, never looking exactly the same. and right now the camera angle is much lower than it was just before they moved it several minutes ago. Plus i also saw something floating in the water that got near the stream and then it was pushed up really fast, haven't seen that get repeated yet.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

Ive been watching that as well. I think it's the natural flow but I'm encountering brief pauses as I watch it at the moment. I think it is still live but I am starting to wonder ...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcktxguy

Originally posted by nikiano
I'm beginning to think that someone in our government is trying to sabotage our country.

Just now beginning to get that idea, eh? Join the club .... it's been an active one for some years now. No dues, no meetings required, just an ability to look at & comprehend simple truths.

There is MORE!::

Same Pocket of Gas Rich Oil tapped and containment lost in 1997 ... same company doing the drilling!

They eventually attempted closure with a huge sombrero shaped gizmo; did not work: Well spewed for 9 months!!

www.usatoday.com... oday-MostViewedArticles+%28USATODAY.com%3A+Most+Popular%29

More:
en.wikipedia.org...

Why was the rig not inspected ... it did not fly a US flag!!
What happened just before the incident --- per 60 minutes:
There was a piece on "60 Minutes" last night that featured Mike Williams, who was present on the oil rig when it exploded. His story includes an explanation that a rubber annular in the BOP was damaged when the BP folks insisted on speeding up the drilling operation, coupled with a human error in the form of someone accidentally moving a joystick that caused the drill to raise 15 feet while the annular was being tested in its closed position.

When he saw pieces of rubber coming up the hole and asked about it, he was told not to worry.

BTW, it's interesting to note that there were BP bigwigs present on the platform when it exploded. They were there to present a safety award to the crew.

Cavalier Cowboy attitude, Money soaked apathy toward serious responsibility, and greed + a little need ... = BIG PROBLEM!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The feed is down! BP killed the feed!

(edit): seems another feed of the same camera is live.

(edit2): now that feed is down.

(edit3): now its down again.

Anybody else having troubles?

I don't get it. When I refresh the feed, it loads and plays for a few moments, and then WMP gives me the following error:

"...Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the server is not available (for example, the server is busy or not online)..."

Anybody else having issues?

Tried 3 separate feeds; same issue.

Edit 4: I think they changed the stream to either a different camera or it's now a loop of old footage. Thoughts?

[edit on 24-5-2010 by The Theorist]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join