It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you believe that aliens exist and that they are extraterrestrials?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Why do you believe that aliens exist and that they are extraterrestrials?

Before you consider answering, let's get one thing out of the way because one may not have anything to do with the other. UFOs are real. They do not need to be brought into this conversation until later on because there is overwhelming, although circumstancial, "evidence" for their reality. But as far as I know, there is no evidence whatsoever for what are called aliens. And since there doesn't seem to be any evidence for them, then calling them "extraterrestrials" violates common sense, logic, and reason.

So let's come back to why you believe (I underline believe because that is the key word). Alleged aliens are an article of a belief system. I do not accept their reality because I have never heard nor seen any evidence. And I'm the type of person that demands evidence since I do not have a belief system. Either they can be proved with irrefutable evidence, or they can't be. If they can't be, then they are the creation of a belief system. By the way, believers cannot fathom how a person cannot have a belief system.

It goes without saying that the majority of humans operate on a belief system. Religion is a belief system and its adherents do not require evidence which could never be provided. Somewhere, sometime, someone began a belief system which was accepted by believers. It could have been Nicolaus Cusanus in the 15th century. But he didn't envision the aliens that are popular in our culture, e.g., "greys," "reptilians," etc. In the '50s they were tall, handsome and benevolent aliens and some "contactees" claimed that they were invited aboard the craft and given tours. Then, for some reason, they fell out of favor for the nasties. Or it really was that nobody bought the tales such as those told by Howard Menger, who claimed to be a reincarnated Saturnian and space communicant! Would you buy a used UFO from him, especially after he whipped out his .45 Colt?

The first modern alleged alien encounter and "abduction" can be credited to Betty and Barney Hill in 1961. I won't go into the details because almost everyone and his uncle can recite the details. Of course, it goes without saying (and I doubt if it was!), that I do not accept their tale as being true and neither did their psychiatrist, Dr. Simon. There is plenty of real evidence that shows that the Hills may have gotten their imagined experience after seeing a television showing Of The Outer Limits episode "The Bellero Shield" which aired on February 10, 1964. Besides, research shows that Betty was a very active "UFOlogist."

Which brings us back to my question: "Why do you believe that aliens exist and that they are extraterrestrials?" What evidence do you base it on? What did you see or hear or read that you considered irrefutable evidence? As I stated, I don't think such evidence exists so it has to result from a belief system. You believe without evidence. To make it worse, the belief has been stretched so that not only you believe that aliens exist but that they are from somewhere else in the galaxy. All of this without one shred, one iota of evidence. And you discuss it in forums such as this one as if what you discuss was based on a reality as solid as the fact that WE exist!

Aliens and ETs are a belief system that has snowballed and has encompassed only believers for even though there are ignorant skeptics that deny the reality of UFOs, at least UFOs do not depend on a belief system; they're up there! But, again, I have never seen, heard, or read of any evidence linking UFOs with aliens, particularly extraterrestrials. In my opinion, tales of aliens, alien abductions, etc., all fall into the fantasy category for all that exists are tales devoid of evidence, regardless of the emotion imparted on them. Of course, to believers, evidence is not necessary. Only that someone said they're real and the believer accepts it and passes it on to other believers.

So, for the last time, "Why do you believe that aliens exist and that they are extraterrestrials?" What evidence can you present to anyone that questions their reality or that they are from a far off place?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

But as far as I know, there is no evidence whatsoever for what are called aliens. And since there doesn't seem to be any evidence for them, then calling them "extraterrestrials" violates common sense, logic, and reason.

Actually, there may be some of this evidence. Back in July of 1992 a Mr. Khoury of Australia reported an encounter. He found some hair afterwards, and it was analyzed and found to not be hair from the racial type of person that was described.

You can find the story at: www.agoracosmopolitan.com... . Its kinda of interesting.

Then there is my case. My DNA does not match up with my phenotype. I am a "angle" looking person [light brown hair with very blond streaks, hazel eyes, light skin], yet my DNA is that of an Indian / African mix person.

You can see my evidence at alien.wolfmagick.com.

To most humans neither case is conclusive, but, both are rather anomalous.

So ... in my case I beleive in ET based on this evidence and the experiences I've had over the years.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I think you ask a valid question that hits at some underlying issue.

My impetus for considering the existence of extraterrestrials is the understanding that the assertion that humans are alone in the universe is a highly arrogant assumption. This whole train of thought goes back at least 4000 years and is wrought with "wrong turns" in thinking.

1. Man assumed that his planet was flat and the center of the universe.

2. Man later assumed that the sun was the center of the universe.

3. Man is the only intelligent life in the universe.

Now, the former two points died a horrible death and screeched into the ditch of historic misobservation with the introduction of a minor amount of truth. The latter is the question that man is currently investigating. Until aliens openly communicate with man in a way recognizable to everyone, we will not have a final answer, however, assuming in the interim that we must be the only intelligent life is a stay-over from past millennia and a bed-fellow with the assumption that Earth is the center of the universe. In fact, I have no answer, which is worlds away from assuming that aliens do or do not exist in the absence of any conclusive proof.

In summary, I often consider the analogy that man is like a person awakening on an island. Like man, the person has no definitive idea of how it came to be in its current location. With the basic understanding that if it was possible for the person to exist on the island it was possible for others to exist there also, and having investigated less than .0001% of the island, would it be wise for one to assume that he was alone?

Shane

[edit on 21-5-2010 by randolrs1]

[edit on 21-5-2010 by randolrs1]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

The million dollar question is NOT why others believe in aliens and are extra-terresterials

Rather, THE QUESTION IS YOUR PERSONAL BELIEF.

Beliefs are based upon personal perceptions, the summary of their rational sensory abilities to take that assumption. It is personal, just as religion is, which is why there are many beliefs and even non-beliefs.

You are not a criminal if you believe or don't believe in aliens. Nor should you derided or dimiss as some nutjob if you believe or don't believe.

Even if an UFO would land infront of you, you will not believe because your sensory perceptions is not capable of accepting or processing this new information before your eyes.

Even if you were to believe it is of alien origins instantly, you would only be lying to yourself, until you have check and cross- verified its contents with others.

In summary, everyone has a right to his beliefs, more so a shared reality by 15 million people on Earth. You are not the first or the last person confuse over this issue, for you probably are one who had not experienced the visitation of an UFO - unidentified flying object that is not of earth's origin, thus your disbelief as assured by your 5 senses.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
With direct relevence to the topic of this thread, please read my earlier thread entitled:
Where is everyone? The mystery remains
that explores potential reasons for the complete and utter lack of evidence that technologically advanced extraterrestrial civilizations exist within our galaxy.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
It all depends on what you willing to take as evidence.

Pictures, even if real, can be dismissed. Same with videos. Nothing is evident these days. So its not that some people believe and some don't, its that some have decided to believe and some decided not too.

But, to say any form of life dose not exist anywhere else, is damn right crazy.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Why do I believe they exist, somewhere? Probabilities, mostly - chances are that a large number of intelligent alien civilizations are out there.

Why do I believe they are at least partially responsible for the UFO phenomenon? Elimination of all other explanations. As Sherlock Holmes put it, "eliminate all other factors, and the one that remains is the truth". There are several well-documented incidents that simply cannot be explained by anything even remotely close to human technology, nor by weather effects, natural phenomena, hallucination, witness misidentification, or hoax. That leaves things not of this world - meaning aliens - as the last remaining explanation.

Which means that it's not really a belief per se - I have evidence, just not direct documentary evidence. There's widely-accepted principles in particle physics that have less evidence of any sort than the ETH and are still generally acknowledged to be true - say, the Higgs boson, the detection of which is the main point of the Large Hadron Collider. It would be a bit of a stretch to say that the existence of the Higgs boson and its properties are a product of particle physicists' belief systems.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I believe in ET civilizations...my belief comes from basic math

The question you are however asking is not if they exist, but if they are visting or at least have visited earth.

My belief there is sure...not 100% positive as them simply existing somewhere "out there", but pretty high.

I have no clue about single abduction cases...unless they brought back a photon gun or some sort of venus plant, then its just a nice story and frankly, I prefer my sci-fi to have more visuals...I like to speculate as much as the next guy.

I look at the accounts throughout human history of odd things in the sky, of encounters with strange beings from the heavens, etc...and that, mixed with a ongoing release of information by people seemingly credible to lead me to believe the potential is high that we are if anything, mapped out and occasionally monitered by our neighbors.

I am willing to alter or change that belief upon given new evidence that either furthers it, or contradicts it, but for now, I find it more logical to believe we have been visited throughout history, and more than once.

I wont go to ufo church however...there is 400 lines of speculation for every one line of researchable fact in the field at the moment.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I believe they exist (not always sure whether or not they visit here and abduct people) because I have a naturalistic view of the universe, and that chaos eventually brings about order. Totally random events throughout time end up making sense in the grander scheme of things (formation of materials in space to make stars, planets, etc, gravity causing these bodies to form systems and galaxies, particular elements and conditions forming to allow life, life evolving into different species). In an infinite universe this must have been repeated an infinite number of times, with infinite numbers of intelligent life.
Put shortly, we aren't special.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I know, 100%, that they not only exist, are the pilots of some of those crafts, (some are ours though thats a loose concept, perhaps ours and joint). They abduct, (many of the negative adbuctions are done via our "joint" underground projects. Including a really sexist, abusive and criminal mistreatment of women and children and hybrids who are mistreated from early childhood on).

In addition in those underground facilities, there are many humans, kept, harvested and used horrendously and ritualistically, including children, and its actually a crime to not get it, to not understand the issues today. Because when enough get it, things can be done, such as dismantling those underground facilities and rescuing the humans there, including the hybrids because I wouldnt leave a single female or child in their hands.

There are also benevolents. Many people are on their "programs" from early childhood, whole families. And many people receive contact with their sitings of crafts.

Benevolents are not as secretive as all that, and if you actually search for sitings and some form of contact or confirmation, you may have it, but you have to be raising your consciousness, the kind who really wants to help the world and wants a world without starvation, homelessness, wars, corporate banking rules, and cruelty free to nature. And this is not a joke, you have to be advancing your consciousness. And meditating raising your frequencies and seeking into your Higher Self is highly recommended.
Otherwise the wrong kind of contact could happen.

The irony is, it doesnt take belief in them to be already on their list and having things under your own memory screen. In fact the negatives prefer you to not remember.
There are a few things that up your chance of already being on their list, (nothing to do with the benevolents, that is consciousness/spirituality and soul grouping):

-presence of any famous person, mason, or bloodline, any counts in the family, Scottish Royalty, etc etc. There are so many with a bloodline, even natives, and they go back to Egypt, Tribes of Judah, and Sumar. Its the dna markers they're looking for.

- any kind of rh -. If you're AB-, you've been contributing for a long time without knowing, your dna used for hybrids, could find yourself waking up with sexually abused and mistreated female hybrids in your bed, you yourself in an altered state, as an AB- friend of mine did. But you probably have a feeling by now you're on a program.

I recommend people take some proactive steps to gain awareness themselves because its going on, and the world is being mismanaged already by hybrid bloodlines. And its something we as a race need to get out in the open and deal with drawing in our Highest Good.

Meditation, listening to dolpins and whale/hemisync/binaurals, for hours, and raising your frequency, setting intentions before sleep and often throughout the day to remember everything, to access all your memories, all your progamming, to unblock all the layers to your programming and life memories, to remember all your dreams.

Look within your heart frequetnly and in meditation seeking the Infinity within and your Higher Self, and ask: Who am I ? Why am I here? How can I help? Show me the blocks to my progression? Work at this and sky watch as well.

If a negative thing surfaces or occurs, do not give it fear, or anger. Send Love & Light, but denounce all negative behavior and tell it to leave, that it must leave now. Then no matter what happens your Higher Self is ultimately in control, but showing negativity increases them and you shrink.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
If you are calling for evidence odds are it's because you have not found the ability to find the only evidence you need.......

Your Heart.

Everything within you has the answers. The evidence most people are looking for is bound by third density terms such as mass, volume, acceleration, time, space, speed, etc.

These are all illusionary terms within this third density space/time matrix.

If you want the real answer to your question, which I'm sure will be quantified as nothing because I have no "evidence", I have it for you.

Aliens exist because 0% of humans are human by nature. Meaning that every soul that currently exists here is from somewhere else. No one is derived from here, souls have come from several places none beginning as an Earthly soul. The human physical vehicle is a genetic technological machine created by someone else.

Nobody is human therefore everyone is alien.

The proof is within. All the proof one could ever want is.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I damned near lost the question posed by the OP.

I'll just say, well because there's many examples in ancient art and "funny little things", that have no explanation other than, well, just a bunch of imaginative sort of intelligent civilizations. Of course, they were just tripping on some sort of natural herbs. The coincidences. Just sucking on a cows bladder or a bulls nuts. Ate a tidbit of some bit of spoiled cheese.

Heh.From what I have seen in many documentaries, oh, no, I 've been brainwashed, there's lots of myths, stories, and art that recognizes that someone or someones have been here before, other than us "moderns".

Yikes! Or not.

How silly to think that we are the best the universe can create lol
I have to laugh at a friend of mine, who believes we are the epitimony of what the universe could possibly create.

This is the best? Well, destroy us all. lol.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

This is actually a very good question op and star and flag for that.

I think that this is a very good question because I saw a UFO with my daughters and a neighbour on the 7th of this month. It was just a very bright light that moved with such purpose I was transfixed and had my daughters not been standing behind me I might have disbelieved the evidence presented to my own eyes.

I am trying to describe the light as I saw it because there was a whole lot more to this light than just something that flew and glowed. There seemed to be a very real sense of purpose to it as the moment I spotted it heading in my direction was when it switched on like it had just winked into existence high in the sky and then dropped down towards me before continuing on towards the far hills that fringe Edinburgh (the Pentlands). I am trying but failing to adequately describe the way it moved. It did not zig-zag or anything like that but I had a sense from the way it moved that it was not constrained by gravity or air friction and that it was looking straight at me.

Anyway I spoke to my mother at some point afterward and as my mother is a devout Christian she simply said “It was of god.”

I wanted to tell her that it was not of any god but I did not actually see anything that could be construed as a machine as all I saw was a bright glowing light very much like a large light emitting diode.

However in 2008 (8th of may) I saw two UFO’s above my house like satellites flashing bright triangular lights at each other of such a richness I was amazed that colour could be so distinct. The lights were shining at each other for reasons I assumed were to do with a navigation communication because after this light show one of the satellites merged with the other with a flash of white and then this single remaining light started to strobe orange as it headed over my house.

My own eyes tell me this was not a celestial or spiritual event but a reality based, machine based event but machines that are comparatively chalk and cheese like the technological differences between the fictional elves of Lothlórien and the Orcs of Saruman. What kind of machine acts like no machine we have in our known inventory and what machine can pick up the requests for contact via a period of meditation? I ask this because these two UFO’s back in the 2008 appeared while I pretty much begged mentally to see something. Be careful what you wish for because a response can change your life in ways that bring more negatives than positives, put immense strain on a marriage and can cause so called friends to disappear into the mist.

So, either that development in responding to my mental call was an incredible coincidence or the pilots inside these machines are telepathic? Perhaps “the men who stare at goats” were up there but something tells me they were not from here. This is what has been driving me nuts because on both occasions I experienced a very powerful emotional response that pretty much caused my reality to slip away from me.

“I am the herald” is a short sentence that entered my head as the light stopped momentarily above us. What on earth does that mean and did it come from the light or did I come up with that myself? A person could go crazy wondering about such things and if it came from the light then what was it heralding?

Anyway during this sighting I started gibbering in tongues according to my 20 year old daughter who up till the moment she saw this UFO had been highly sceptical. Unfortunately it has affected her in the negative and now she has decided to move in with friends this Sunday because she has never believed there were UFO’s and now she has seen one for herself while her dad gibbered “Can you feel the love” and waved, smiled and gibbered nonsense at it has obviously caused her some problems.

They are machines I am absolutely certain but not like anything we could produce and using propulsion systems we cannot imagine yet.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

I believe aliens exist because I interact with them on a daily basis. Simple as that. I wish all you guys(if you havent) could experience it for yourself. You just might if first contact happens sooner rather than later

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Even if an UFO would land infront of you, you will not believe because your sensory perceptions is not capable of accepting or processing this new information before your eyes.

Better yet if people saw a flying tibetan monk, a franciscan saint perform bilocation (being in two places at one time).

AND THEN saw ufo's zipping around in the sky, and alien beings come out.

Are either phenomena, mutually exclusive, interrelated? And if they both exist, would humans who have bilocation ability to appear and manifest in any locatoin on earth in an instant in two places at once.

be more powerful than aliens with spacecraft that have traveled light years to earth?

Based on the research circumstantial evidence, and testimony from people, all of these weird things are possibly true, but maybe it's better not to think too hard because really this stuff is just like straight out of bad sci-fi/parnormal mashup novel.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by redrezo]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by redrezo

Starred because this is absolutely the thought I feel far too often and it is not a thought I enjoy but there it is. Glad to know the feelings are shared!

I have seen things out of a bad pulp fiction science fiction novel I freely admit that and yet it is not exactly conducive to the necessity head down attitudes that is required at work, following the daily grind and talking rubbish with colleagues regarding dancing on ice, X Factor, Big Brother and Lindsey Lohans demons

I would smash my TV actually if I knew that my wife would not then turn into a Gorgon and ... (splat)

I think I want to go back to sleep?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I appreciate that some of the members thought my questions were worth replying to. Unfortunately, and so far, no one has actually answered the questions. No one has provided any reasons as to why they believe that aliens exist and that they are extraterrestrials.

So that there is no perceived confursion coming from me, let me state that I've had 6 serious, high-quality daylight and nighttime sightings, and I also videotaped a daylight "orb" with a passenger jet for reference. To me, the reality of UFOs is solid.

However, the reality of aliens is not solid. There is no evidence for their reality aside from hearsay. To me they are simply creations from active minds. No one has yet produced a film, video, or photo showing a UFO occupant stepping out of landed craft that is usually termed a UFO. Of course, while on the ground they can't be called UFOs. A landed alien object. We need appropriate terminology.

But even if there was evidence of aliens (meaning non-human) how can the jump to "extraterrestrial" be accepted without evidence? What kind of evidence would be sufficient? I would consider visuals of space travel eventually showing the nearby planets and then seeing earth approached. Otherwise, extraterrestrials are the creation of pulp fiction, Hollywood, and TV.

Belief systems create mental images but belief systems do not create physical reality.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
But even if there was evidence of aliens (meaning non-human) how can the jump to "extraterrestrial" be accepted without evidence? What kind of evidence would be sufficient? I would consider visuals of space travel eventually showing the nearby planets and then seeing earth approached.

Umm... if they're not extraterrestrial then whereabouts on earth are they from (Alabama?) and why do they have crafts capable of space travel?

Otherwise, extraterrestrials are the creation of pulp fiction, Hollywood, and TV.

Do some research - the claims of ET's are older than the hills.

Belief systems create mental images but belief systems do not create physical reality.

You assume the world is round, right? Why? Because you've seen photos. Did you take any of those photos yourself? Then your assumption that the world is round is simply based on faith, just like the assumption that UFO's are piloted by ET life.

-- actually that's a bad example as we can tell the earth is round from observing its shadow during an eclipse, but you get the point - some things are so probable (such as ET life) that blind faith is excusable.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I wouldn't say I "believe" that UFO's are piloted by ETs, but that it is a reasonable hypothesis based on the content of UFO reports. One of the common characteristics reported is that the objects seem to display intelligent control. Another is that they often seem, based on their appearance and maneuverability, to be the product of a technology in advance of our own.

So, if they are intelligently controlled and represent an advanced technology but are not ours, then they must be someone else's. But whose? We don't really know of any other intelligent beings on our own planet who might be responsible for UFOs. It seems reasonable to speculate, because there are other planets out there, and because we know intelligent life is capable of arising on planets, that the intelligence behind some UFOs might originate on some planet other than Earth.

Where they come from is really beside the point. More relevant is the likelihood that we are dealing with a non-human intelligence, regardless of its origin.

Of course, there are other hypotheses to consider. Maybe there is another intelligent species somehow living on Earth undetected (Mac Tonnies' "cryptoterrestrials"). The UFOs could even be made entirely by humans, though as Richard Dolan points out, for a group to have secretly developed technology so far in advance of that known to the rest of mankind would amount essentially to a "breakaway civilization." It would be as if a small group of ancient Greeks somehow secretly developed jet aircraft.

All of these ideas have problems and questions that would have to be addressed. For example, if there is another advanced intelligent species that has been living alongside us on Earth all along (Tonnies' idea), how have they managed to stay hidden? And why? The ET hypothesis is not free of problems itself, but neither is it unreasonable or illogical.

There is no irrefutible proof one way or the other. Once you accept that UFOs are real, as the OP reportedly has, the rest is guessing and speculating about what makes the most sense while trying to keep an open mind.

I would be interested to hear what the OP thinks is behind the phenomenon, seeing as how he "believes" in UFOs (the existence of which, by the way, has in no way been "proven" irrefutibly; in fact, it's refuted all the time.)

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

However, the reality of aliens is not solid. There is no evidence for their reality aside from hearsay. .

Where is your evidence for this claim/assertion?

If a shift in perception doesn't change objective reality, then none of us could ever possibly know the true nature of any object including a UFO. Yet you are contradicting yourself by making an assertion about the nature of it by ascribing it as this or that.

Again where is your evidence for this claim/assertion? None of the witnesses including those with High credibility ( Military / Government / Pilots ) were under the influence psychotropic drugs, alcohol, hallucinogens or narcotics.

Unless your sole hypothesis is to claim they are really just crazy in the head for seeing UFOs? Because that's what your conclusion is implying, and defeats the point you brought up about no tangible evidence being presented.

Maybe there IS evidence that is tangible including video and photographic proof, but nobody would believe it due to deeply ingrained societal confirmation bias that is called by those who are ignorant 'common sense'.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by redrezo]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join