It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have this problem with Jesus...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Your God given beliefs are not given by God, they are given by other people.
That's why when you need to know what rights you have you do not open the bible, you open the constitution.
God is part of everything.
Without God, there wouldn't be any spirit of morality in men.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

What if you have to believe to see Heaven and with a non believing mindstate you are leaving yourself well out in the darkness as your soul automatically shines bright inviting something into you that will destroy you that wouldnt of reached you if you were where you should of been believing with the rest of us. Just a thought.

And don't you realize that you HAVE TO BELIEVE and have to HAVE FAITH.

WHY???

If this crap were true, then there should be signs in the sky or a permanent base on earth.

But no - just the THREAT of hell if you don't believe. And then the faith part.

If I believe (with all of my heart) that my cup of water is god and will get me into heaven, it's really not much different than the dogma we hear. At least the cup of water IS REAL AND TANGIBLE.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Listen. It's terrible what happened in Vietnam, I had multiple late night conversations with my neighbor, now i'm having frequent conversations about that war with one of my male clients in the salon. He and my neighbor both are/were suicidal from everything they had been through. Many vietnam vets were ordered to take actions in terrible, evil operations.

They have both been medically termed 'disabled' and are both on anti-depressent drugs. The client I have carries a dog with him everywhere because he goes in and out of consciousness and when he comes back to reality he is in a dream like state and screams bloody murder.
No doubt that was did irrepairable damage to the human mind.

The military is still carrying out it's after effects to those who have served in the gulf war, and more recent, afghanistan and Iraq. Now it's termed PTSD. And thise vets can still claim mental disablement.

Anyway..............
When I meant God, I meant Jesus.....You never ansered my question about being brought up in a catholic/christian/or methodist/baptist whatever church... u appear to me anyway to be searching for light. or for truth.... I find that nostradomous had very impressive futuristic proclaimations...... but I find it even more impressive that revelations in the bible has thus far hit the nail right on the head. Is there any other source that can guide us into eternal life? We see ghosts, there is a dimension that lives in a realm we do not have visual access to until our earthly bodies die. We really need to become concious and aware of what we have been told and listen to those who has lived before us. LIke the mayans and egyptians. The bible tells the future people about the demise of babylon and egypt, and gomorrah.. and now we are living it again. and again, we are warned about our demise, yet again. it appears to me us humans have been given chance after chance ot get it right and to come into the lord's path and yet we turn away from him. what is the big deal? why do we say no?

yet we will believe pretty much anything the media tells us and the governments who preach godlessness....our lives are truly distorted and misguided.....we seem to put faith into leaders you can physically see and touch in the space and time we are living in. they are the gods of our time, on a global scale and we are to obey them...

Even though, the majority of governments worldwide have always divided and conquered which has led to billions of priviate citizens just minding their own business... murdered with no defense systems.. no local government backing them... 100% of the time this is the case.

what makes you think this couldn't happen to you or I??
Personally the one I worship (who is Jesus) has never put anybody in that position, just warned us about it. then they get exterminated and labeled traitors... it's a common pattern repeated throughout time.

And when Jesus took the form of man, he went through the very thing he warned future people about..

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

I'm sure that if he was human he'd have this problem with you .... who are you ?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueLies

A real "God" shouldn't demand worship.

A real "God" shouldn't be jealous and angry.

A real "God" wouldn't create his adversary, create humans faulty, then send them to hell for his mistakes.

And a real god wouldn't judge - IT would understand what's going on in a human's mind and on Earth.

Maybe if people admitted that their gods weren't so LOVING and BENIGN in the first place - it'd be a different story. It's the fact that people say things like they know what they're talking about.

So what if A&E ate the fruit??? WHO PUT IT THERE? Who put SATAN there????

This is logic - literally. Your god creates the Satan, puts the fruit in the garden, then puts his humans in the garden with the fruit and the "serpent".

People don't have the guts to call their "gods" out because they're scared.

Get me yet?

It's a trick. And you can be a good person and be altruistic without religion.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is full of it.

Case and point.

But yeah - the whole Vietnam thing only strengthens my theory. People who have been through horrible things seem to be the ones to embrace religion first. That's fine. Just don't force it down my throat.

And me? My void is huge. And I AM searching for answers. That is why I will not go back to religion again.

Even if I die with this void, that's fine. At least I didn't sell out. No offense, and I really mean that - no offense.

I see the contradictions. I see the "Faith mind-trap". No thank you.

You do you. I'll do me.

I'll drop you a line from hell, btw. Hell - a place prepared for the non-believers. There's your jealous and angry god doing his thing when he doesn't get his way. But that didn't even sink in, did it?

The God Delusion. What a great choice of words, Mr Dawkings. Even though I am not an atheist (Agnostic), I agree with the title.

You don't want to know what I think you gods really are. If you want a hint, go visit the Aliens and UFO forums.

Peace.

[edit on 5/14/2010 by impaired]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pilot70

Exactly. He's not my messiah.

There is only ONE GOD, which is the God that is made of Love. And that's the one that follow. The one that is present in all things, and not condensed in one being.
And I'm not going to hell either just because Jesus says so.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

2 words: Fictional character

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

2 words: Fictional character

There's this book called "The Sacred Mushroom on The Cross" writen by Jonh Alegro. This guy was deeply evolved with the translation of The Death Sea Scrolls. These scrolls contain crucial information about the origin of Christianity itself, because they date back to time were Jesus walked the Earth.
The translations were kept secret from the public because what this guy found out is that apparently Jesus is a representation of a mushroom, and the whole bible was written under psychedelic effect. I wouldn't be so sure about this however, because some of the prophecies of the bible are coming true, so we could also be dealing with invaders from out of space...time travel whatever..I don't know, I have a lot of questions.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Teachers are pathway to knowledge.

I am sure everyone who had been educated in schools would know of a great teacher that had been a great influence in his or her life. We would revere that teacher and think fond wishes for the knowledge imparted.

We would respect that teacher, but no one is asked to make an idol of that teacher, placed at home and worshipped. It is more the teachings, the words that lead to a change in life that was more critical, and I am sure that teacher do not want to be worshipped, rather would want the students to practice what was thought.

Similarly, the Messiah was a Teacher. A Teacher to lead us back to our Creator. It is His teachings that must be followed for a change in life. We still have free will to muddle through in life, if that is what one wish. It is your choice.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

"A Teacher to lead us back to our Creator"

If he comes to help that is a good thing. I outta acknowledge him has my brother or has my friend. But I do not agree when he says that he's the only way to God.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_

"A Teacher to lead us back to our Creator"

If he comes to help that is a good thing. I outta acknowledge him has my brother or has my friend. But I do not agree when he says that he's the only way to God.

I agree with you...

No-one finds the exclusivity of New Jerusalem kind of obscene? Maybe Jesus got the math wrong or the bible just doesn't agree with him?

New Jerusalem conspiracy

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_

Our Creator has given free will to mankind. You do have a choice. Some made good use of their choices, some crash and burned. It's your life and only knowledge with wisdom is the way to progress forward.

If you knew the Messiah, the great Teacher, and let Him and His words into your heart, as all humans can on their own free will, you will realize that he is more than a brother and a friend...

Footprints in the sand

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Our Creator has given free will to mankind.

Your blackmailing me. So you are saying that I'm entitled to God's Love only if I follow Jesus?
That's a lie. God's Love is Infinite, part of everyone part of all. He's the Almighty.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

No. No one can ever 'blackmail' you. For what profit would I derive, when we are dealing with the spiritual, something that is personal and involves only you alone and of a choice that only you can make?

We are but strangers here.

Trust not the words of man, nor my words, but only the truth as you percieve in your heart and then look around you. Awake, my brother.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I'm awake. But I think we have different perspectives. I guess only the future can resolve this. So let it be.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Peace. :-)

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Yes.
Peace, Love & above all understanding. Those are the answers I believe.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Food for thought:

Almost everything you have been told about God the Father and His Son have been part of a major deception perpetrated by all the religions of this world. On this website we talk about conspiracies, some true and some not, I believe the deception of everything that has been crammed and rammed down the throats of everyone is a disgusting thing and really the greatest true conspiracy, namely, a conspiracy of disinformation.

1. Jesus is not His Name, J was only introduced 500 years ago. Iesus was the prior name given Him as a way to fuse pagans with YaHuWaHn beliefs. Jesus name prior to IeSUS was simply YaHuW Messiah or as YaHuW Savior. Upon His death will on the cross he prayed for the end to come so that His true ShamaYAim (heavenly) Name that is The Name above all other names, YaHuWaH, this is where YHWH or the Tetragrammaton comes into play.

2. Jehovah, Yahweh, Iehovah or other names are also not the name of His Father. YaHuWaH's Name was in the names of all of His people. You will find YA, YAH, AH, UH in their names. HalleluYAH, koombyYAH also have been songs that hold the first part of His Name for centuries. The word Lord is actually of pagan origin too and means Baal. This is what religions have replaced YHWH with.

There is a lot of info on the conspiracy of all these religions online. I don't fault ANYONE for looking at religion and being disgusted with the whole damn thing! I also can understand how as a result one will also of course be disgusted with the bible because we associate the bible with religions. THAT IS BY DESIGN! ALL religions will fall and merge into one Illuminated religion that will destroy the current religions system of things and create the ONE WORLD RELIGION. This is happening now slowly. Finances, Religions, Governments. Those that hold out like Poland will simply be disposed of.

Many believe that when "JESUS" came he did away with the strict adherence of the 10 commandments. Nothing could be further from the truth yet most religions teach that. Those religions that do not teach that still do not have the names right and twist teachings and indoctrinate with traditional falsehoods. It seems most religions have a piece of what is truth mixed in with a bunch of traditions that have nothing to do with our salvation.

I don't blame anyone for having a problem with Jesus, I have a problem with Jesus too, almost everything everyone is taught is a lie! So much evil is done in the name of religion and in the name of Jesus. This again is part of the plan.

Here is what I would say, do your own studies yourself. Strictly use the bible and do not listen to any man but let the scriptures and let the Holy Spirit guide your footsteps.

The first step is getting a copy of the Oldest scriptures available that have not been corrupted or misinterpreted. The oldest Known bible is half complete. The New Testament is the most accurate translation because it has only in the last couple of months been released for all to read. Every book except for Revelation has been found plus 7 more books not usually contained in the bible. over 200 scrolls in clay jars sealed in pitch, 12 meters below the ground along the area by the Euphrates River were uncovered by YaHuWaHn archaeologists in late 2001. The Old Testament is being transcribed by 70 Set Apart Word Protectors in a non disclosed place in the Himalayan mountains.

Did you know that Gen chapter 1 says, "The Creator of the Great Explosion is YA". This is an example of just how drastically changed the bible has been. The religions and governments have perpetrated lies upon us all! YHWH, YAH and YaHuW has been removed from ALL bibles by All religions through the centuries.

So yes, I agree with you, I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH JESUS AND "ALL" RELGIONS TOO! How can one not?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Look inside.
No God is found on a mountain.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

But if the things he demonstrated and taught happen to even a select few how can you call him a fictional character?

If there are 6 or 7 billion people and let's say he picks them 1 out of a thousand or 2 out of ten thousand (numbers he gave in the Gospel of Thomas) to teach his mysteries to, then the people who would make up the true pool for validation is so small, they would be classified as rare or even unique.

Not all of us feel compelled to mandatorily fill the pews in the Churches on Sunday morning. Some of us actually do what he taught and worship in Spirit and Truth.

There are a few people who don't just have faith - they actually know.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Myrtales Instinct]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join