It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have this problem with Jesus...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Why do people think that Jesus is going to be King of this world?
I never pick Christianity to be my religion. My views are all pantheistic.
Don't you think that is a little bit awkward since we are probably invade since Atlantis, Lemuria Mu etc, that we needed our sins removed from us in the first place? Why?
And besides what makes you think that Jesus is not a alien from out of space, because to me that's what he sounds like, since he's trying to impose spiritual dictatorship on all of us.

+5 more 
posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The religification of Jesus by man is what made Jesus who he is today. A fictional character with super-powers and political agendas reflective of rulers of that time.

Religion is a man-made system that generally serves the purpose of controlling the masses through erroneous beliefs.

It's been very effective. Islam is hand-in-hand with Christianity for sweeping people into ignorant bliss.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
LOL... good one. Actually I think you will be ok. First probably more then half the worlds population will be destroyed by judgment anyway. You most likely will die First!

If you don't die, you will certainly suffer extreme agony through physical torment, hunger, and thrist for at least 3 1/2 years. After all that, I doubt you will have a problem with Jesus as King of the World. After all, He made it and everything therein.

Seriously though, maybe you should consider that instead of fighting a losing battle you should understand that God loves you and wants to snatch you away from the hurt that is sure to come. There is no choice of who the creator is.

Did you choose you parents??

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_
Don't you think that is a little bit awkward since we are probably invade since Atlantis, Lemuria Mu etc, that we needed our sins removed from us in the first place? Why?
And besides what makes you think that Jesus is not a alien from out of space, because to me that's what he sounds like, since he's trying to impose spiritual dictatorship on all of us.

thats just the christian view, if it did happen and a god any god came down, it would be a universal god that no matter what your faith you would be able to identify with it. Religion is like culture, they all say the same thing. their only described differently due to how different cultures have culturally developed, but their ALL the same. maybe he is an alien from the great space god its still all the same thing.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I never pick Christianity to be my religion.

You have answered your own question. You have chosen to not be Christian. Christians, on the other hand, believe in Jesus Christ as our Savior.

You have chosen not to be Christian for a reason. That reason, will more than likely lead you to why you don't believe in Jesus or his capabilities to be a Savior.

Religion is very simple:

You either choose to believe or you choose not to believe.
There is no proof for either side that will ever satisfy the other.
There is no right or wrong answer.

As far as you reference to invading Atlantis and what-not, I have no idea where you are going with that.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by trueperspective

I love GOD. That's not the issue.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I am no believer in any major religion but I do try to keep it simple.
If the message is good I will listen.
When it pertains to Jesus then I have to say religion or not...that dude made some sence.

You can't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

My views on Christianity and Jesus are this.
Back in the day before him,people thought the Moses train of thought that if you sin you are going to hell.
Since everyone sins then they all probably thought they were going to hell.
It was a mindset.
I think Jesus just gave them a way out of that mindset.
He could have said,if you have ever seen a spider then you will go to heaven.
He gave people's minds a way out.
Sure he didn't use the spider story...but he still gave their minds a way out of the way they previously thought at the time....for the first time their minds believed they could get into heaven.
Since their minds seriously believed it...it became possible and real.
The mind is a powerful thing.

Thats what I think about it and I am not into religion in any way shape or form.
The bible has alot of half truths and is littered with man's agenda.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I'm not sure what is meant by spiritual dictatorship, as we are free to choose to either live in love with each other and live our lives in a way that our consciences might be clear...or to go against it. It is our choice. And the consequences of those choices, for good or for ill, become manifest in our lives.

So, I've never understood where all this talk of control comes from. There is no more control involved than the control of human law...we either follow it or we don't.

Anyway, Jesus does love us, and so wants us to make the choices that will be good for us spiritually and for the good of those whose lives we impact.

Peace and love to all!

-Ariel

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Ariel]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I think Jesus just gave them a way out of that mindset.

So what? Egyptians had a mindset of their own, same thing for Hinduism etc. And to be honest with you, they sound much more advanced spirituality than Christianity.

(I'M NOT ANTI-GOD, just to make this clear, to me God is just Love and he loves everyone unconditionally despite their choices).

[edit on 14-5-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

If you do not believe in it why do you care?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
If you are open minded, please see: www.jeshua.net

If you are not open minded. Please do not.

Peace ~

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Because I want to understand exactly what is going on, before Jesus comes back with an army of Christians and dead zombies raised from the dead, to attack on the rest of us that decided to choose a different spiritual path.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

So you do believe in this christ returning thing?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I have this problem with Jesus... »

^ you're not the only one

i don't do authority

kings? queens? NOTHANKYOU!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I guess what puzzles me when I read these posts, is this: If Jesus Christ doesn't qualify as your personal Savior, why not?

Jesus heals the sick, feeds the poor, performs many miracles for the downtrodden, dispossessed, and hungry. He is crucified for all of mankind's sins.

He walks on water. He controls the weather. He raises the dead. He heals the blind. He heals the crippled. He gives spiritual instruction. He performs hundreds upon hundreds of miracles.

For crying out loud, what more could you ask for?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I don't know..You have that Maitreya guy already, saying that he's the savior. Their could be a lot of beings from out of space trying to pose has saviors, Jesus included.

You most likely will die First! If you don't die, you will certainly suffer extreme agony through physical torment, hunger, and thrist for at least 3 1/2 years.

I have nothing against Christian beliefs, you can choose whatever you want.
But some of us just want to be free to pursue what they want aswell. Just peace and to be left alone, not to be prosecuted by Hitler Jesus.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

yeah, my views on GOD head, the Prime Creator are pantheist/panentheist

One is ALL, All is ONE, One is GOD

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CookieMonster09

That's not the point, he can do whatever he want. Except being my 'King'.
I believe that we are all part of the same, and that we all have a spirit of our own. So when he's say "I'm the only way to GOD". Inst GOD omnipresent, part of everything and part of us? So why does he says that?
In way I do not like the ideia because that would mean that God is not everywhere, and thats a lie.

link   
There definitely won't be any zombies.
-shudder-
The resurrected dead at judgment day will be completely whole again in mind, body, and soul.

And Jesus is not a Hitler, any more than God is. It is with God's loving law he will reign. It's still our choice as to whether or not we'll follow what's good for us spiritually.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Ariel]

link   

Ahhhh gotcha.
This is just another pick on Christianity or Jesus thread.

This is exactly why I stay out of this forum.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join