It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diets and Diseases

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

You know, I read somewhere once that people who sit there and try to find the most idiotic insignificant thing's to attack someone with are just trolls, especially when their replies are infantile childish gibberish.

Hey, you have a good day now!

Pblththththththt agagagagadooooodoo.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
DE, thanks for trying to get my poor derailed thread back on topic.

The original intent with offering the information on diets and disease was mainly to offer insight to those who have to deal with (or cook for) a loved one
having strict dietary requirements.

It can be overwhelming to be suddenly immersed in someone else's world that requires rules and regulations of which you knew nothing only a short time ago.

Those who are newly diagnosed with certain conditions requiring a change in dietary lifestyle should also be better equipped to understand their limitations.

I've been on a self-imposed "blood-type" diet for years now and my dear family still try to serve me beef or chicken during outings at their place. I sometimes just eat what's served rather than make a big deal of it but for those with some of the conditions mentioned, that's not an option.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

It's an excellent thread. Too often, we focus on prevention and cause, but we neglect those looking for healthy, natural alternatives (via diet) to treat and maintain the illnesses that they've already developed.

For instance: Sodium isn't a problem for a healthy individual; however, a person that is insulin resistant/type 2 diabetic/hyperinsulinemic should adhere to a low-sodium diet to avoid hypertension/congestive heart failure/athersclerosis.

D'adamo? Is that the "blood type" diet?

-Dev

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Yes, Peter D'Adamo. He wrote Eat Right For Your Type. I've been told by doctors that it's quackery but then again, they told me colloidal silver was quackery. I've had dentists tell me there's nothing wrong with fluoride. Obviously they didn't do the research on either that I did.

Besides, I can't argue with results. I have had some startling results from eating according to my blood type. Things that weren't mentioned in the book and that I wasn't expecting so I don't think it's the placebo effect.

I just wish I'd known about it when I was growing up. In fact, when I first read about it I thought, "What's an Okie girl supposed to eat?" Turned out not to be nearly as difficult to adhere to as I was trying to make it. Just required learning to shop differently.

*edit to add: thanks for the kudos.*

[edit on 16-5-2010 by whitewave]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
How come every thread about diet and wellness that dude devolution comes into turns into a troll fest? If your going to sit back and just insult people dev, please try not to derail a thread that has actuall relevant information.
its pretty clear your views on what is to be considered healthy are antiquated and just plain wrong, i suggest you read up some studies done in the last 50 years , not by people trying to survive the great depression.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
So....let me get this straight. You're telling me that I'm a troll and I'm derailing threads, and yet YOU were the first to respond to this thread with this:

meat is murder.
if people are too slow tograsp this simple concept, i dont hold out too much hope of them living a healthy lifestyle /.

....that is all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join