It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limbaugh back peddles on promise to move to Costa Rica

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

LOL I've heard enough to understand how he operates. He insults and tries to whip everyone up into a frenzy with fears. He NEVER offers any credible solutions. You obviously haven't listened closely to him.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable
Huh? Limbaugh's drug addiction was both self-admitted and well documented

So was Obama's, in his own book. So what's your point?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
LOL I've heard enough to understand how he operates. He insults and tries to whip everyone up into a frenzy with fears. He NEVER offers any credible solutions. You obviously haven't listened closely to him.

You must have 'heard' through others like yourself and not directly because that is totally incorrect and amazingly ignorant. Keep your head in the ground if it makes your life easier.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Well, Mom spent any money she got her hands on out of dads paycheck that he did'nt drink up, so bad that they've filed bankruptcy 3 times. They regurgitate whatever opinions Bill O'reilly and Rush say instead of using their brains to decide whats right or wrong. I could go on and on, but I'm glad I did'nt follow in their footsteps bro.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
We all knew he would never actually follow through. He can't speak Spanish, can't get his Oxy and other Prescription recreational drugs there, and no one there would bother to listen to his nonsense, only the blinded angry crowd listens to him. His mind is on vacation and his mouth is working overtime.

It is funny to watch the angry crowd squirm over health care. When Social Security passed there were those who thought it was the end of the world. It has allowed for workers to retire with dignity, and not have to end up on the streets without a home and without income. There were many who said Medicare would ruin the nation, yet it has helped support the health of many Americans and has been quite successful. There were those who said that the Bush Prescription Drug Plan would be a disaster, but it actually worked more or less as it was supposed to. He should have done more though.

Sure, there are aspects of this new Health care bill that need work, but the Republicans refused to offer any input other than NO, when 80% of the US population were calling for something to be done about the current high priced mess. Something had to happen, and now that it has, it can be adjusted and made better than it is. Instead of whining and crying doom, why don't the nay sayers participate and help make Healthcare better. Insurance companies are ripping us off. Big Pharma is ripping us off, and many Americans cannot afford basic health coverage. Simply saying NO is not a solution. It is a cop-out and a failure to act responsibly.

Rush has never done anything other than whine. He does not participate and help work to improve the Nation, he only complains. Who cares. He is a nobody who does nothing.

[edit on 22/3/10 by Terapin]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable
Will the healthcare in Costa Rico cover his addiction to oxycontin

and it gets confiscated at the airport by homeland security
upon his return, lmao

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

He is now recanting:

Well crap, that just put me in a bad mood.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier78
Well, Mom spent any money she got her hands on out of dads paycheck that he did'nt drink up, so bad that they've filed bankruptcy 3 times. They regurgitate whatever opinions Bill O'reilly and Rush say instead of using their brains to decide whats right or wrong. I could go on and on, but I'm glad I did'nt follow in their footsteps bro.

Ok, if you say so.
Are you trying to say that liberals don't have drinking problems or file for bankruptcy? Your point in this regard is moot.

I could say the same for the braindead liberals who vomit the words of extreme liberals. Did your parents ask for government handouts? If not, then they at least learned something.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
We all knew he would never actually follow through. He can't speak Spanish, can't get his Oxy and other Prescription recreational drugs there

Perhaps Rush could get his meds from the same dude who gave Obama his coc aine.
Wow, I can play this irrelevent game also. Does this point mean anything?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

So very well stated!
As the "
" poster on this thread shows us, his followers have little more than anger and ignorance to share with the world and they have found their leader in him.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Its funny you know. On some days Rush Limbaugh didnt mean what he said, on other days he meant what he said. Those on the rightwing insist his just an entertainer one day, the next day they following what he says word for word in the form of a thread. They claim his not the leader of the Republican party, yet follow what he says over their own representitives. Folks just can't make up their minds over who Rush Limbaugh exactly is to them. Its as if they want to believe all the crock this guy puts out, but can't come out and admit it.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alora
As the "
" poster on this thread shows us, his followers have little more than anger and ignorance to share with the world and they have found their leader in him.

Anger? What post are you reading? Oh, you see laughter as anger, got it.

Ignorance? Nothing I have said is incorrect. You just don't want to admit reality to yourself.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

What Theory, your tireless defense of your hero is admirable, however, he said what he said and should be accountable for his words. It just proves he is a polarizing shock-jock and not a man of his word. IMO, he is due the scorn he is receiving here.

I know you feel miserable, just find a new idol before your blind devotion causes you to embarrass yourself.

Regards...kk

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Reality, Obama tried coke a long time ago and admitted it. He never was a long term hard core user. Rush has a prescription drug problem, a hard core problem for years, tried to hide it, failed, got caught, still has issues. Bringing up Obamas issue as a means of misdirection is a failure. Bush had a far worse coke problem, yet you rarely ever hear any Republican mention it.

Misdirection is what happens when believer do not want to face the issue. Talking about Obamas minor coke use does not in any way change the Rush Oxy addiction. Idol worship at it's best.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

It was misspoken! How hard is this to understand? He didn't mean it the way it was heard, and corrected it almost immediately.

Aren't there better examples of why Rush is so horrible out there than this? How about some hateful, racist, warmongering speech?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
Reality, Obama tried coke a long time ago and admitted it. He never was a long term hard core user.

Your logic is bewildering.

First of all, how do you know he was not a hard core user? Because he says so? Pfft, practically anything Obama says is half truths.

Secondly, what is worse: Rush getting hooked on prescription pain meds because he needed them for his back pain or Obama getting hooked on illegal drugs just for the fun of it or due to his lack of will power?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

All you have done in this thread is attempt to ridicule people, which only reflects upon yourself. You have not offered any rational solutions, only feeble insults. You picked the most inconsequential portion of my post to comment on, yet ignored the deeper subject altogether. Rush has no substance and it seems neither do his followers. Doom and gloom, but avoid rational discussions about the issue at all costs.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by EsSeeEye

It was misspoken!

Well thats convenient. How often has Rush Limbaugh misspoke? Is it when he can't cover for his bluff? Is it when his completely lying? Is it when his wrong?

How many times are you going to make excuses for this man? Why can you not hold him accountable regardless as to whether you agree with him or not?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Can you read? Where does it say that Obama was "hooked"??? It is factually incorrect.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
I know you feel miserable

No, I don't feel miserable. Of course I wish this garbage of a healthcare plan would have failed BUT I'm glad that the Dem's finally showed their true colors. I'm glad they showed everyone how out of touch, desperate, liberal and fanatic they really are. It will be a long, long time before the Dem's get control back after the coming elections.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join